查看单个帖子
旧 Mar 23rd, 2006, 17:02     #74
treeleafheart
级别:2 | 在线时长:15小时 | 升级还需:6小时级别:2 | 在线时长:15小时 | 升级还需:6小时

注册日期: Dec 2005
帖子: 37
treeleafheart is on a distinguished road
默认 The WoodGreen Information Session is very helpful

I attended the information session and got all my questions answered, at least for now.

The presentation by two retired secondary school teachers were great. They were very knowledgable and willing to help. I also appreciate their sincerety when I was expecting a straightforward answer.

To get certified without the one year training is not an option as far as they know. It is definitely necessary to overcome the cultural difference and get acquainted with Canadian practise. I couldn't agree more on that. Even with my background, I don't think I am prepared for teaching in secondary school without training. The two presenters also said the school board is considering extending the one year program to two years.

One thing I would like to point out here for everyone interested in this subject is, when considering the posibility of becoming a teacher, please do research online on the oct web site as much as possible. Most of questions are already clearly answered in the Web site. Please save the precious time and effort of the kind people who stand out to help us.

I had done my homework well before I went, so all my questions are answered. For me, the conclusion is being a public school teacher is not the track for me, at least at present. I am the bread earner in the house, I can't afford the transition years.

As I understand, the good candidates for this track are those with multiple degrees and very good command of English. They also don't have much pressure to start making sufficient income for the family.

I would be happy to answer questions based on what I know.

此帖于 Mar 23rd, 2006 17:16 被 treeleafheart 编辑。
treeleafheart 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖