查看单个帖子
旧 May 7th, 2012, 13:55     #24
cat1
级别:17 | 在线时长:362小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:17 | 在线时长:362小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:17 | 在线时长:362小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:17 | 在线时长:362小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:17 | 在线时长:362小时 | 升级还需:34小时

注册日期: Sep 2006
帖子: 708
cat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond reputecat1 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

http://www.storyofbing.com/2010/09/w...ot-buy-a-dslr/

Why You Should NOT Buy A DSLR.

One of the questions I get the most is “What camera do you use? Is it good?”
I used to just say the model I use and not give it a thought. Only to discover that whoever I said that to would proceed to go right out and buy the same camera.
Duh.

These days whenever someone tells me they want to get a DSLR… ok, I’m going to admit this – I discourage him/her.
The reason is because everyone seems to think that a good camera (i.e. DSLR) magically = great photos.
And after they’ve sunk in the investment, they’ll continue on to wail that somehow their shots just don’t look as good as the shots of other people who use the same camera. Admit it, even iPhone shots look better.
A close friend of mine proudly told me that she has managed to get some really nice shots with her DSLR, even though she doesn’t know how to use it. I’m sorry, I said. I love you, but that wasn’t the camera or you. It was just the light that was good.
It is NOT the camera that makes a good shot. Well, not JUST the camera. So much goes into making a great shot. The camera is the least important, if you ask me. It’s the DSLR+good lens+good composition+ability to judge light+good photography skills+good Photoshop skills that give you that WOW! picture.
I’m not a professional photographer. Far from it. I’m just a housewife, REMEMBER? So, at the most I would call myself an enthusiast. Which means I don’t use my camera to make a living, and my agenda is to get shots that would best document the beautiful things I see in my life.
And if that’s your agenda too, then think again before you invest in a DSLR. I’ll give you 5 reasons why you should pause before you buy it.
(1) It’s expensive.
$1000 gets you just the camera body. You’ll have to buy lenses, flash, tripod, filters, flash diffusers, dry cabinet, lightbox, SD cards, spare batteries, Photoshop software.. yeap, that’s how much stuff I have. You’ll be convinced by the salesman to buy a 18-200mm lens that would “fit all your needs”, only to realise later that it’s Prime lenses that give you the sharpness that you always ooooh and aaaah at. Sianz…
(2) It’s painful to learn how to use it.
If you have no idea what aperture, ISO and shutter speed are, and how they work together to give you exposure, then trust me, you will go through a period of wanting to smash your camera in the wall before you get anything close to a good shot out of it. You’ll have to learn to FOCUS with it. Hell, you’ll even have to learn how to HOLD it. Oh sure, you can turn the knob to Automatic. Congratulations then, you’ve just paid $2500 to buy a ton of equipment to take photos that a $200 compact flash camera can deliver.
(3) It’s HEAVY.
Imagine this. I’m all dressed up. Black dress. Pearls. Pointy heels. Handbag? Chunky camera bag. Really.. if you are not prepared to lug equipment everywhere you go. Then don’t even think about getting a DSLR. And if you are carrying that heavy gun everywhere and shooting in Automatic, it’s even funnier. Seriously, get one of those ultra light and thin Casio compact cameras that would fit into your handbag and do the same job.
(4) You have to think before you shoot.
A compact camera thinks for you. While a DSLR waits for you to give it instructions. If you don’t look at the light and don’t set your camera settings to get the right exposure, you’ll end up with shots that are too dark or too bright. Or if you don’t access indoor light situations and set your camera correctly, you’ll shoot in a restaurant and end up with faces that look like they have jaundice.
(5) You’ll have to learn to use Photoshop or Lightroom.
A good camera + lens + photographer give good shots. But a GREAT shot? An AMAZING shot? Bring in the Photoshop guys.
So, am I saying I’m a sucker? Coz I did buy a DSLR system myself right? The answer is.. sigh.. YES. Hahaaa.. Well, I did put myself through the above 5 mentioned things just to get shots that are pleasing to my eye, didn’t I?
If you’re ready to commit to learning and knowing your camera and photography, then I say.. GO FOR IT.
If it’s just nice photos you’re after, then consider the equipment out there that are smaller, cheaper and do a pretty good job too. Like the Micro Four-Thirds cameras. I’m thinking of getting one for myself too.
Disclaimer: The above are solely my views and mine only. No one paid me or pissed me off to say any of it. And before you start flaming me, remember this – I AM A HOUSEWIFE. I am allowed to be ignorant. Get over it. Heehee.. I love this tune when it works for me.
cat1 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖