查看单个帖子
旧 Jan 21st, 2005, 21:42     #12
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

What are some of the things you find difficult to do? Why do you feel that way?
Answer in the past tense, show that you recognize the difficulty, but that you obviously handle it well.
“That’s a tough question. There are so many things that are difficult to learn in our business if you want to do the job right. I used to have forty clients to sell to every month, and I was so busy touching bases with all of them, I never got a change to sell to any of them. So I graded them into three groups. I called on the top 20 percent with whom I did business every three weeks. The next group were those I sold to occasionally. I called on them once a month, but with a difference―each month, I marked ten of them to spend time with and really get to know. I still have difficulty reaching all forty of my clients in a month, but my sales have tripled and are still climbing.”

Jobs have pluses and minuses. What were some of the minuses on your last job?“Like any salesperson, I enjoy selling, not doing the paperwork. But as I cannot expect the customer to get the goods, and me my commission, without following through on this task, I grin and bear it. Besides, if I don’t do the paperwork, that holds up other people in the company.”

What kinds of people do you like to work with?
“I like to work with people who have pride, honesty, integrity, and dedication to their work.”

What kinds of people do you find it difficult to work with?
“People who don’t follow procedures, or slacker―the occasional rotten apples who don’t really care about the quality of their work. They’re long on complaints, but short on solutions.”

How have you successfully worked with this difficult type of person?
“I stick to my guns, stay enthusiastic, and hope some of it will rub off. I had a big problem with one guy―all he did was complain, and always in my area. Eventually, I told him how I felt. I said if I were a millionaire, I’d have all the answers and wouldn’t have to work, but as it was, I wasn’t, and had to work for living. I told him that I really enjoyed his company, but I didn’t want to hear it any more. Every time I saw him after that, I presented him with a work problem and asked his advice. In other words I challenged him to come up with positives, not negatives.”

How did you get your last job?
The interviewer is looking for initiative.
“I was actually turned down for my last job for having too little experience. I asked the manager to give me a trial before she offered it to anyone else. I went in and asked for a list of companies they’d never sold to, picked up the phone, and in that hour I arranged two appointments. How did I get the job? In a word, determination!”

How would you evaluate me as an interviewer?
“This is one of the toughest interviews I have ever been through, and I don’t relish the prospect of going through another. Yet I do realize what you are trying to achieve.” Explain that your understand the interviewer wants to know whether you can think on your feet, that there is pressure on the job, and that he or she is trying to simulate some of that real-life pressure in the interview. “How do you think I fit the profile of the person you need?”

I’m not sure you’re suitable for the job.
“Why do you say that?” “I admit my programming skills in that language are a little light. However, all languages have similarities, and my experience demonstrates that with a competence in four other languages, getting up to speed with this one will take only a short while. Plus, I can bring a depth of other experience to the job.” Then, after you itemize your experience: “Wouldn’t you agree?”

Wouldn’t you feel better off in another firm?
Relax, take a breath, sit back, smile, and say, “You surprise me. Why do you say that?”
“Not at all. My whole experience has been with small companies. I am good at my job and in time could become a big fish in a little pond. But that is not what I want. This corporation is a leader in its business. You have a strong reputation for encouraging skills development in your employees. This is the type of environment I want to work in. Now, coming from a small company, I have done a little bit of everything. That means that no matter what you throw at me, I will learn it quickly. For example, what would be the first project I would be involved with?”

What would you say if I told you your presentation this afternoon was lousy?
How you react to criticism, and so tests your manageability.
“First of all, I would ask which aspects of my presentation were lousy. My next step would be to find out where you felt the problem was. If there was miscommunication, I’d clear it up. If the problem was elsewhere, I would seek your advice and be sure that the problem was not recurrent.”

What religion do you practice?“I have a set of personal beliefs that are important to me, but I do not attend any organized services. And I do not mix those beliefs with my work, if that’s what you mean.”

How old are you?“I’m in my fifties and have more than twenty-five years of experience in this field.”

Do you plan to have children?“No”

此帖于 Aug 29th, 2008 13:21 被 小试牛刀 编辑。

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖