查看单个帖子
旧 Jan 21st, 2005, 21:45     #13
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

How did you get your summer jobs?
You learned that business is about making a profit, doing things more efficiently, adhering to procedures, and putting out whatever effort it takes to get the job done.
“In my town, summer jobs were hard to come by, but I applied to each local restaurant for a position waiting tables, called the manager at each one to arrange an interview, and finally landed a job at one of the most prestigious. I was assigned to the afternoon shift, but with my quick work, accurate billing, and ability to keep customers happy, they soon moved me to the evening shift. I worked there for three summers, and by the time I left, I was responsible for the training and management of the night-shift waiters, the allotment of tips, and the evening’s final closing and accounting. All in all, my experience showed me the mechanics of a small business and of business in general.”

Which of the jobs you have held have you liked least?
Beware of saying that you hated a particular job.
“All of my jobs had their good and bad points, but I’ve always found that if you want to learn, there’s plenty to be picked up every day. Each experience was valuable.” Then describe a seemingly boring job, but show how it taught you valuable lesson.

What are your future vocational plans? Where do you want to be five years from now?
Avoid say, “In management”.
“My vocational plans are that I want to get ahead. To do that I must be able to channel my energies and expertise into those areas my industry and employer need. So in a couple of years I hope to have become a thorough professional with a clear understanding of the company, the industry, and where the biggest challenges, and therefore opportunities, lie. By that time, my goals for the future should be sharply defined.”

What college did you attend, and why did you choose it?
Examine your reasoning processes.
“I decided on Centennial college because of it is No.1 College in Ontario. The college has an excellent reputation for accounting and computer program. After visiting 4 different colleges, I decided the college was the best place for me given my particular interests and career goals. I learned a great deal and made some terrific friendships with both faculty and students.”

Are you looking for a permanent or temporary job?
Try to go beyond saying “Yes.” Explain why you want the job.
“Of course, I am looking for a permanent job. I intend to make my career in this field, and I want the opportunity to learn the business, face new challenges, and learn from experienced professionals.”
“Is this a permanent or a temporary position you are trying to fill?”

How did you pay for college?
Took out student loans.

We have tried to hire people from your school/your major before, and they never seem to work out. What makes you different?
Test your poise and analytical skills.
“First, may I ask you exactly what problems you’ve had with people from this background?” then you can illustrate how you are different.

I’d be interested to hear about some things you learning in school that could be used on the job.
The interviewer wants to hear about real-world skills. Explain how the experience honed your relevant personality profiles.
“Within my major and minor I tried to pursue those courses that had most practical relevance, such as…However, the greatest lesson I learned were the importance of…” and then list your personality profile strengths.

Do you like routine tasks/regular hours?
Yes, you appreciate the need for routine, that you expect a fair amount of routine assignments before you are entrusted with the more responsible one.
As far as regular hours go you could say, “No, there’s no problem there. A company expects to make a profit, so the doors have to be open for business on a regular basis.”

What have you done that shows initiative and willingness to work?
Tell a story about how you landed or created a job for yourself. You both handled unexpected problems calmly and anticipated others.
“I worked for a summer in a small warehouse. I found out that a large shipment was due in a couple of weeks, and I knew that room had to be made. The inventory system was outdated, and the rear of the warehouse was disorganized, so I came in on a Saturday, figured out how much room I needed, cleaned up the mess in the rear, and catalogued it all on the new inventory forms. When the shipment arrived, the truck just backed in. there was even room to spare.”

Can you take instructions without feeling upset or hurt?
This is a manageability question.
“Yes, I can take instruction―and more important, I can take constructive criticism without feeling hurt. Even with the best intent, I will still make mistakes, and at times someone will have to put me back on the right track. I know that if I ever expect to rise in the company, I must first prove myself to be manageable.”

Have you ever had difficulties getting along with others?
This is a closed-ended question that requires only a yes/no answer, so give one and shut up.

此帖于 Aug 29th, 2008 13:23 被 小试牛刀 编辑。

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖