查看单个帖子
旧 Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:17     #3
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

In your last job, what were some of the things you spent most of your time on, and why?
Must demonstrate good time management.
“I work on the telephone like a lot of businesspeople; meetings also take up a great deal of time. What is more important to me is effective time management. I find more gets achieved in a shorter time if a meeting is scheduled, say, immediately before lunch or at the close of business. I try to block my time in the morning. At four o’clock, I review what I’ve achieved,
what went right or wrong, and plan adjustments and my main thrust of business for tomorrow.”

In what ways has your job prepared you to take on greater responsibility?
Looking for example of your professional development. Tell a story.
“When I first started my last job, my boss would brief me morning and evening. I made some mistakes, learned a lot, and got the jobs in on time. As time went by I took on greater responsibilities,[list some of them]. Nowadays, I meet with her every Monday for breakfast to discuss any major directional changes, so that she can keep management informed. I think that demonstrates not only my growth but also the confidence my management has in my judgment and ability to perform consistently above standard.”

In what ways has your job changed since you originally joined the company?
Same to above.

How does this job compare with others you have applied for?
Ask you to compare.
“No two jobs are the same, and this one is certainly unlike any other I have applied for.”

What makes this job different from your current/last one?
The interviewer’s desire to uncover experience you are lacking.
“From what I know of the job, I seem to have all the experience required to make a thorough success. I would say that the major differences seem to be…” and here play back the positive attributes of the department and company as the interviewer gave them to you.

Do you have any questions?
Why the job is open?
How long have you been here? What is it about the company that keeps you here?
What should I first assignment be?
What type of training is available?
Who should I report?

How do you take direction?
The interviewer wants to know whether you are open-minded and can be a team player.
“I take direction well and recognize that it can come in two varieties, depending on the circumstances. There is carefully explained direction, when my boss has time to lay things out for me in detail; then there are those times when, as a result of deadlines and other pressures, the direction might be brief and to the point. While I have seen some people get upset with that, personally I’ve always understood that there are probably other considerations I am not aware of. As such, I take the direction and get on with the job without taking offense, so my boss can get on with her job. It’s the only way.”

Would you like to have your boss’s job?
Seeks to determine how goal-oriented and motivated you are in your work life.
“Well, if my boss were promoted over the coming years, I would hope to have made a consistent enough contribution to warrant his recommendation. It is not that I am looking to take anyone’s job; rather, I am looking for a manager who will help me develop my capabilities and grow with him.”

What do you think of your current/last boss?
Short, sweet, and shut up.
“I liked her as a person, respected her professionally, and appreciated her guidance.”

Describe a situation where your work or an idea was criticized.
How you handle criticism and to detail your faults.
“I listened carefully and resisted the temptation to interrupt or defend myself. Then I fed back what I heard to make sure the facts were straight. I asked for advice, we bounced some ideas around, then I came back later and represented the idea in a more viable format. My supervisor’s input was invaluable.”

此帖于 Aug 29th, 2008 13:10 被 小试牛刀 编辑。

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
共 2 位会员
感谢 阿童木 发表的文章:
邓仔仔 (May 31st, 2009), goodwilling (Mar 22nd, 2010)