查看单个帖子
旧 Jan 9th, 2005, 22:29     #8
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

In hindsight, what have you done that was a little harebrained?
The only safe examples to use are ones from your deep past that ultimately turned out well.
“Well, I guess the time I bought my house. I had no idea what I was letting myself in for, and at the time, I really couldn’t afford it. Still, I managed to make the payments, though I had to work like someone possessed. Yes, my first house―that was a real learning experience.”

You have been given a project that requires you to interact with different levels within the company. How do you do this? What levels are you most comfortable with?
The first part asks how you interact with superiors and motivate those working with and for you on the project. The second part of the question is saying tell me whom you regard as your peer group.
“There are basically two types of people I would interact with on a project of this nature. First, there are those I report to, who bear the ultimate responsibility for its success. With them, I determine deadlines and how they will evaluate the success of the project. I outline my approach, breaking the project down into component parts, getting approval on both the approach and the costs. I would keep my supervisors would expect three things from me: the facts, an analysis of potential problems, and that I not be intimidated, as that would jeopardize the project’s success. I would comfortably satisfy those expectations. The other people to interact with on a project like are those who work with and for me. With those people, I would outline the project and explain how a successful outcome will benefit the company. I would assign the component parts to those best suited to each, and arrange follow-up times to assure completion by deadline. My role here would be facilitate, motivate, and bring the different personalities together to form a team. As for comfort level, I find this type of approach enables me to interact comfortably with all levels and types of people.”

Tell me about an event that really challenged you. How did you meet the challenge? In what way was your approach different from others?
The first probes your problem-solving abilities. The second asks you to set yourself apart from the herd. First of all, outline the problem. The blacker you make the situation, the better. Having done that, go ahead and explain your solution, its value to your employer, and how it was different from other approaches.

Give me an example of a method of working you have used. How did you feel about it?
Give a good example, one that demonstrates your understanding of corporate goals, your organizational skills, analytical ability, or time management skills.
“I believe in giving an honest day’s work for a day’s pay. That requires organization and time management. I do my paperwork at the end of each day, when I review the day’s achievements; with this done, I plan for tomorrow. When I come to work in the morning, I’m ready to get going without wasting time. I try to schedule meetings right before lunch; people get to the point more quickly if it’s on their time. I feel that is an efficient and organized method of working”

When you joined your last company and met the group for the first time, how did you feel? How did you get on with them?“I naturally felt a little nervous, but I was excited about the new job. I shared that excitement with my new friends, and told them that I was enthusiastic about learning new skills from them. I was open and friendly, and when given the opportunity to help someone myself, I jumped at it.”

In your last job, how did you plan to interview?
Just give a description of how the skilled interviewer prepares.

How have you benefited from your disappointments?
Ask you to show how you benefited. Note also that it doesn’t ask you to give specific details of specific disappointments.
“I treat disappointments as a learning experience; I look at what happened, why it happened, and how I would do things differently in each stage should the same set of circumstances appear again. That way, I put disappointment behind me and am ready with renewed vigor and understanding to face the new day’s problems.”

What would you do when you have a decision to make and no procedure exists?
Testing your manageability and adherence to procedures―the company way of doing things.
“I would act without my manager’s direction only if the situation were urgent and my manager were not available. Then, I would take command of the situation, make a decision based on the faces, and implement it. I would update my boss at the earliest opportunity.”

Give me a balanced view, can you give me an example that didn’t work out so well?
Required to give an example of an inadequacy. The trick is to pull something from the past, not the present, and to finish with what you learned from the experience.

What is your greatest weakness?
“I enjoy my work and always give each project my best shot. So when sometimes I don’t feel others are pulling their weight, I find it a little frustrating. I am aware of that weakness, and in those situations I try to overcome it with a positive attitude that I hope will catch on.”

With hindsight, how could you have improved your progress?
Tell me your mistakes and weaknesses. If you can mention ways of improving your performance without damaging your candidacy, do so.
“Other than that, I don’t know what to add. I have always given it my best shot.”

What kinds of decisions are most difficult for you?
Demonstrate your consideration, analytical abilities, and concern for the department―and for the company’s bottom line.
“It’s not that I have difficulty making decisions―some just require more consideration than others. A small example might be vacation time. Now, everyone is entitled to it, but I don’t believe you should leave your boss in a bind at short notice. I think very carefully at the beginning of the year when I’d like to take my vacation, and then think of alternate dates. I go to my supervisor, tell him what I hope to do, and see whether there is any conflict. I wouldn’t want to be out of the office for the two weeks prior to a project deadline, for instance. So by carefully considering things far enough in advance, I don’t procrastinate, and I make sure my plans jibe with my boss and the department for the year.”

Tell me about the problems you have living within your means.
Best defense is first of all to know that it exists, and second to give it short shrift.
“I know few people who are satisfied with their current earnings. As a professional, I am continually striving to improve my skills and to improve my living standard. But my problems are no different from that of this company or any other―making sure all the bills get paid on time and recognizing that every month and year there are some things that are prudent to do and other expenses that are best deferred.”

What area of your skills/professional development do you want to improve at this time?
Another tell-me-all-your-weaknesses question.
“Well, from what you told me about the job, I seem to have all the necessary skills and background. What I would really finding exciting is the opportunity to work on a job where…”
Reiterate one or two areas that combine personal strengths and the job’s most crucial responsibilities, and finish with saying, “These areas are so important that I don’t think anyone can be too good or should ever stop trying to polish their skills.”

Your application shows you have been with one company a long time without any appreciable increase in rank or salary. Tell me about this.
First, try to avoid putting your salary history on application forms.
“My current employer is a stable company with a good working environment, but there’s minimal growth there in my area―in fact, there hasn’t been any promotion in my area since…Your question is the reason I am meeting here with you; I have the skills and ability to take on more responsibility and I’m looking for a place to do that.”

此帖于 Aug 29th, 2008 13:17 被 小试牛刀 编辑。

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖