查看单个帖子
旧 Feb 7th, 2004, 19:48     #35
lycatherine
级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 43
lycatherine is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

麦克比较注重纠正贵喜的单词发音,很少纠正她的句子语法错误。他的理由是单词发音不对,不纠正就容易养成习惯,一直错误地发音。句子的关键是多听多说,日子一长,自然而然就对了。贵喜的句子错得实在不象话时,他也会把贵喜要表达的意思用他的语言和故事很技巧地重新讲述一遍,不伤贵喜脆弱的自尊心。至今,虽然他已经不再做volunteer了,他仍然有意无意地把这种方式用在email中。前阵子的Holiday season,贵喜给他写信说自已的厨艺很失败,总是很兴奋地想给朋友做些新菜式,结果最后狼狈不堪。如同厨艺一般,那封信也很失败。麦克洋洋洒洒的回信委婉地告诉贵喜如何谈论此类事情。

As far as my eating, right now I could go for a week without food to lose some of the weight I gained over Christmas. But I am a good cook. My mother trained me well and I like cooking and baking so I'm fairly comfortable in the kitchen. I guess you could say I'm well rounded, domestically and more manly things. Sometimes I think I possess too much useless information in my head.

As far as my cooking goes... well I have no real specialty but I can do most techniques from sauce to soup and any meats. A cookbook in my hand and I'm all set. I find that trial and error have been the best training you can get. You quickly learn what works and what doesn't. A few years back I went to *** and took their bartending course. That was a lot of fun and I learned some great techniques for mixing different drinks.

I have learned over time that no matter who the company is your cooking for, you are never satisfied the way it turns out and if anything is going to go wrong, it’s when you have company. I try not to invent new things when I'm cooking for someone else, just stick to what I know, especially if dinner is to be a romantic dinner with the candles and wine.
The only bad thing about those types of dinners is that there is nobody to clear the table and wash the dishes. Maybe romantic dinners should be picnic style so you can just close the containers, put them in the refrigerator and it would be done, and then it would be time for dessert.

lycatherine 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖