查看单个帖子
旧 Nov 14th, 2004, 11:35     #9
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

---- 多大的设备怎么样?
问:
“As I know , there are totally 50k students in three campus and I guess about 35k of them stay in main campus. So many live and study in a campus, did you ever have similar experience as below:
1.it is not easy to find a place to study in library ,
2.not enough computers for students in lab
3.the book you want to borrow is often unavailable,
4.the professor to whom you wanna talk is always busy, or class size is too big ?
I just wanna know as a giant university, UT has enough resoures and facility to serve its large student population ? ^.^
Did I worry too much ? ”

答:
1, it's easy to find somewhere to study, your own college, libraries, ....
2, sometimes when several courses have asignments due on exactly the same day, it's hard to find a work station the night before that day. You can surely understand it. So start you work earlier. In fact, I seldom go to the lab. I write and compile my programs at home and use ftp and telnet to connect to the server to submit my homeworks. This way you can do nearly anything as if you were in the lab.
3, I don't know. I seldom borrow books. I have enough to do on my own works.
4, The class size might be a little bit big. But it doesn't matter. You can reach to the prof. in course newsgroup, by email, office hour. You can ask you TA. Don't worry about it.
Generally speaking, the university is not quite efficient, yet well organized. But it's your reponsibility to find out what to do and figure out how to do it. Not like in China, where you just need to go to classroom.
There's nothing to worry about.

问:
Utkid,Wander cat,David 及其他各位大虾,请教些申请在加CS第二学位的问题,谢啦
我看了学习论坛上所有的帖子,还有些问题不大明白,以各位的经验,帮我回答回答
1.我可以在登陆前在国内申请大学吗?
2.都是通过OUAC申请的大学吗?我5月才能考Toef,我可以寄去我想申请的三家大学,但在这之前我可以申请吗?我有申请移民时的成绩单公证,有大学章子,能用于大学申请吗?
3.看了些贴子,对我国内本科不是计算机的申请人来说,好象决定是否录取最重要的就是Toef成绩?
4什么是TSE考试?哪些大学需要TSE?
5.那些大学比较适合我?比如说:Waterloo,Uot,Uwo这样的顺序?

答:
1,I heard that someone did it. But maybe you will have to apply as an international student as you v got no social insurance number. But you should be able to change your status after landing.
2,OUAC is for universies in Ontario only and I don't know if they also process international application. You can check it out with the schools directly. The schools usually have 2 deadlines. One is for application, and the other one is for supporting document, such as TOEFL and transcript. The dealines are different from school to school.
3, Yes. But Waterloo will ask you to take a high school math contest held in each March.
4, Test of Spoken English. They usually asks 50.
I know that Waterloo and Guelph need it. UBC also needs it sometimes.
5, No big difference between those schools. But Waterloo's coop program is quite appealing. And U of T, SFU, Carlton, Ottawa... are all good at CS. Each school has its own advantages.

---- 文科背景有无希望入多大读CS?
问:
因为国内学位为文科,一直没有信心能否进入多大。请教斑竹、UTKID,WANDERING CAT,多大等学校录取第二学位的标准是什末?像我这种文科背景,TOEFL270,有希望吗?我在大学的成绩包括高等数学不错,数学基础(当然是文科水平)还行,
看了UTKID关于转学分的帖子,很后悔课程描述中没认真写中国革命史等课,只简单写了一句话,估计很难转学分了。另外,因多大没要求课程描述必须有学校盖章,我只是自己打好后就寄去了,可以吗?
文科背景的攻读CS,是不是会难上加难?

答:
It's not too hard to get admitted by U of T 。
Some of my fellow students majored in medicine, international trade even English. So don't worry.
In a sense, you even have some advantages as you have much stronger reason than us to apply for a second degree in a totally different field. The registar always wondered why I would apply for a second degree of science after getting a degree in engineering. I had to find me some special reasons to convince them that it was truely necessary for me to get the second degree.
Your GPA is ok, at least better than mine. And your TOEFL is pretty good. I can't see why U of T should refuse a brilliant student like you. You will get 5 transfer credits after admitted, no matter what. However, I'm afraid you will have to study CS courses from the beginning. But it's good for you.
By the way, you mean you were good at advanced mathematics(Calculus)? That's great. Then you will have no trouble. You can handle it very well.
Your course description is ok.

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖