返回   华枫论坛 > ◆生活板块◆ > 网友随笔

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Jan 31st, 2005, 15:58   只看该作者   #21
rabbitjessy
级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 7,737
积分:93
精华:32
rabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

引用:
作者: pseudo
Having read your post, I'd like to say something from my past work experience, which might help you see things from a different perspective.

I really appreciate the efforts and passion you've put behind your business. However, you overlooked something really vital in marketing your business: Understanding your customers and their need, be it met or unmet. That's what we call “Marketing Myopia”. I haven't got the chance to go through again your business approach, though I read it long before, my feeling is that you didn't do enough research to lay a solid foundation for your business. When I was still in the field of marketing, Brand Management to be precise, I had this long and gruelling experience of conducting marketing research all over China. Researches including but not limited to the understanding of consumer demographic and psychographic info, test marketing, result measurement, etc. (I only list the researches that are relevant to your case. There are bunches of research in brand equity, advertising, channel management, etc.)

You must segment the market and identify your target. When you were conceiving your business plan/approach, did you segment the immigrant market? I mean, like people from IT field, people with sales background, people with English proficiency, etc. After doing segmentation, you probably would like to understand the demographic and psychographic of your identified target market. Do the IT people like to forgo their profession? Or are they willing to? Do the Sales people have good language skill to talk over the consumer and convince them to buy things from them? Do people with English proficiency have other skills that can help them land a job? How old are those people? What are their expectations toward life or career in Canada? Do they have kids? The list can go on forever. After doing this, you would probably decide to serve a group of people with intermediate English ability, not overestimating their capabilities, down-to-earth, not having a kid yet, blah blah blah… And then you would ask yourself: WHAT DO THEY WANT? We can’t just sell something that we think it’s useful or marketable to people who really don’t need it. That’s sales instead of marketing.

Life in Canada is tough for new immigrants, and sometimes, it’s a matter of survival. To make it worse, a lot of people have painted a rosy picture in their heads and refused to face the reality. AND, you don’t have, until now, a successful case to help promote yourself or your business. With minimal awareness, you can’t expect people to put their life in your hands.

To digress a little from the topic, I’d like to know how “successful” you were when you were in China. (The reason why I quote the word “successful” is that the definition of “success” always varies to different people.) My observation is: Successful people will be successful wherever they are. It's the mindset that determine your future, instead of education level, chance, network… So if you are successful, don’t worry, keep up the good work, you will see the dawn of better days very soon.

I'm not preaching. Just my two cents. But good luck to you in your future endeavours.

Up !!!! I think that CWO knew some basic" Marketing Myopia”. However, the way they implement isn't quite right. Through their past thread , they didn't delivery any trust or real postive image to their target. I also think that they should "SWOT" analysis about themselves first ,then do deep research on this Canadian immigrant society and their targets. Anyway , pseduo, we two should discuss something about business. Otherwise it really waste our marketing and sales expertise. I will phone you tonight.
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码
论坛禁用 HTML 代码