只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Jan 5th, 2005, 22:46   只看该作者   #61
Habitat
级别:0 | 在线时长:2小时 | 升级还需:3小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 62
Habitat is an unknown quantity at this point
默认 Water leaks/dripping noise

This week I received many phone calls about possible water leaks in their homes.
Please read Topic #19 regarding noise in your home.
If you see your house is sweating everywhere inside; you are creating too much moisture. This causes condensation, and is not water leaks. The moisture you are generating is mostly from your cooking, bathroom fan is not working, a long steam shower, too many people in the house, humidity setting of the humidifier is too high, or sometimes the hood fan or the dryer does not vent to outside etc. When outside temperature is cold, like -20C, you must control and lower the humidity inside your home. Cold air is dry and does not hold moisture. When cold air meets warm moist air, this will create snow. And this principle applies to all our homes. The warm temperature/air of our home carries moisture and condensates on cold surface like window glass.
When we have Chinook/warm weather comes, the sweating problems will disappear again.

Tom Leung
Registered Home Inspector
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 24th, 2005, 12:08   只看该作者   #62
Habitat

声望: 0
默认 How to stay out of troubles.

If you are shopping around for a house to buy, and you do not know anything about house maintenance or you do not want to do any. Pay attention to the following 10 items, you need to do more work when you have these exterior features in your home:

1) Flat roofs (Tar & Gravel Roofs)
2) Wood Shingles roofs (particularly "pine shakes")
3) Wood siding (exterior wall finishings)
4) Big trees next to your house
5) Wood deck (not pressure treated)
6) Enclosed balcony (usually above the garage and with a floor drain)
7) Wood foundation
8) Old skylights
9) Very high wood or concrete retaining wall.
10) House over 60 years old

Good luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 3rd, 2005, 00:15   只看该作者   #63
djj2004
级别:0 | 在线时长:4小时 | 升级还需:1小时

注册日期: May 2005
帖子: 40
声望: 10
djj2004 is on a distinguished road
默认 Tom, answer me soon! hard wood floor noise while treading on.

引用:
作者: Habitat
Thank you for all DX support. I need a volunteer to help me type some basic home maintenance work in chinese. I received phone call about how to trouble shoot a not-working furnace, how to light up hot water tank, etc. I have the literature in chinese or english. But I don't know how to type in chinese. I am planning to use this web site as a self-help tool for all our DX, and hopefully I can also answer questions.
Thank you.
Tom Leung 403-667-4677
Hi Tom, I am searching a house. Today i found a satisfactory one, but hard wood floor noise while treading on. The realtor said that it is caused by no humidifier in the house. If you install a humidifier, then one week later, you will not hear the noise again. But one DX in Chinasmile said that the noise is a problem because hard wood floor are too old, it isnot easy to solve it.
what are you idea? Also are you available next week if I need an inspector?
Thanks
djj2004 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:26   只看该作者   #64
卡城牛仔
403-8620368
级别:55 | 在线时长:3336小时 | 升级还需:24小时级别:55 | 在线时长:3336小时 | 升级还需:24小时级别:55 | 在线时长:3336小时 | 升级还需:24小时

卡城牛仔 的头像

帖子: 3,937
声望: 23555092
卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute卡城牛仔 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Tom是个好人,我的家就是他看的.

NICE POINT.
引用:
If you are shopping around for a house to buy, and you do not know anything about house maintenance or you do not want to do any. Pay attention to the following 10 items, you need to do more work when you have these exterior features in your home:

7) Wood foundation
8) Old skylights

Good luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
卡城牛仔 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 3rd, 2005, 18:06   只看该作者   #65
Habitat

默认 Reply to you hardwood

引用:
作者: djj2004
Hi Tom, I am searching a house. Today i found a satisfactory one, but hard wood floor noise while treading on. The realtor said that it is caused by no humidifier in the house. If you install a humidifier, then one week later, you will not hear the noise again. But one DX in Chinasmile said that the noise is a problem because hard wood floor are too old, it isnot easy to solve it.
what are you idea? Also are you available next week if I need an inspector?
Thanks
If you buy old house with hardwood floor, they are all come with noise, even mind. Our tolerance of noise on hardwood is different. If you buy new, of course, we do not expect any noise.
Good luck!
Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 4th, 2005, 11:57   只看该作者   #66
djj2004
级别:0 | 在线时长:4小时 | 升级还需:1小时

注册日期: May 2005
帖子: 40
声望: 10
djj2004 is on a distinguished road
默认 thanks for above comments! Anyway, my offer was rejected

Thank Tom for your quick answer!

引用:
If you buy old house with hardwood floor, they are all come with noise, even mind. Our tolerance of noise on hardwood is different. If you buy new, of course, we do not expect any noise.
Good luck!
Tom Leung
403-667-4677
djj2004 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 24th, 2005, 12:03   只看该作者   #67
Habitat

默认 Hello! Everybody

I am getting phone calls again regarding questions which are explained in the previous topics. Please review again. Thanks.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 24th, 2005, 12:23   只看该作者   #68
Habitat

默认 Topic #21 - Cracks on concrete floor/wall

Many people are afraid of cracks they see on concrete floors or walls in the house. Please note that many of the houses have cracks on floors or walls. Most of these cracks do not affect the structural support conditioin of the house; but may allow potential moisture entry to your basement due to heavy rainfall. Most situation, you can use concrete silicone to caulk seal the cracks (if they are small). When you have large cracks (over 10mm), you may wish to hire the professional to fix it. If you are not sure about the effect of the kind of cracks you have in the house, you may want to visit one of your friend's house. The condition may be similar, and your friend has been living in the house for years.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 14th, 2005, 12:30   只看该作者   #69
Habitat

默认 Topic #22 - Water leaks in basement

There are so many different conditions to determine whether you have water leaks into your basement level. One of the obvious reasons is because of our changing weather in Calgary. We had more rainfall than the previous years. Our design and construction of house does not accomodate heavy rainfall. If we apply our local method and technology to build houses in Vancouver; they will all leak. And it does not mean the method and technology they use in Vancouver will give you a leak-proof home. We are building a weather-proof, and not a water-proof home. If you are looking for a leak-proof home, you may be able to find one out of the ten you look at. We could tolerate minor water entry into our home due to nasty weather condition; but we all do not want a basement with serious flooding problem. I would like to remind all of you to maintain proper drainage condition of all downspouts from the roof. Walk around the house when it is pouring outside, and see how the rain water drains. We do not want downspouts draining like a large water hose at the immediate outside corners of our house.
Good Luck!
Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 28th, 2005, 17:21   只看该作者   #70
Habitat

默认 Topic #23 - when? to carry out a home inspection

We shall always request a home inspection to be carried out under the daylight. If you are too busy working everyday in the daytime, and request an evening inspection, you have to accept the difficulty and restrictions when we inspect a home in night time. I would always like to see everything under the daylight. Any other inspector who performs inspection in the evening, obviously does not care about your concerns. Anything on the outside of the house is too dark to see; and he can spend less time. Besides, if you are buying a vacant home, make sure there is normal supply of electricity, natural gas and water in the house on the day of inspection.
Good-Luck!
Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jan 27th, 2006, 10:56   只看该作者   #71
Habitat

默认 Sellers Market

The real estate market is sellers market. We are all having a tough time in negotiating on the offer of purchase. Usually, the sellers allow mortgage financing and home inspection; but now they want clean offers.
If you or your friends are buying real estate, please ask them to review the previous topics as a self-help. Then, you may prevent problems when sellers do not accept a home inspection. Good-Luck!
Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 5th, 2006, 11:14   只看该作者   #72
Habitat

默认 Should I buy grow-op (marijuana - serious operation) house

To all DX who called me regarding the question, please pass on the message to others.

Yes! for the following reasons:
1) I do not care.
2) I have $$ and know how to fix everything up.
3) Because it is dirt cheap.
4) This is the only house I like.
5) I do not live there myself, and I will disclose the information to the tenants.
6) I grow marijuana myself.

No! for the following reasons:
1) I have a young & pretty wife and a healthy kid, and my old parents live with me.
2) I do not want to suffer from polluted indoor air.
3) I can afford a reasonably priced home.
4) I can spend the same amount of money to buy and live in a smaller healthy home.
5) My friend told me to leave all the windows open for a couple of months, and the house will be OK.

Good luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
Habitat 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 11th, 2007, 23:21   只看该作者   #73
云中君
田园警官办主任
级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时

云中君 的头像

注册日期: Nov 2004
住址: Calgary
帖子: 4,346
积分:4
精华:1
声望: 1466069
云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

话题一、燃气热水器不供应热水

1、位于热水储存器上方的冷水进水管,确保阀门处于打开状态。

2、检查位于热水储存器旁边的燃气管,确保阀门(通常是位于一条黑色铸铁燃气管上的一套黄铜铸的装置)处于打开状态(控制杆平行于管子时阀门打开,与管子成直角时阀门关闭)。

3、如果你能嗅到天然气的味道,立即关闭燃气阀门,打电话到ATCO GAS公司(电话是403-245-7222英语)。如果天然气味道很浓,请在打电话之前先打开所有的窗户。这是一项由你的燃气公司免费提供的燃气泄露检查服务。他们会在1小时内赶到你家,然后找出泄露的地方,但通常他们不会马上解决问题,除非泄露由燃气表安装引起。

4、检查温度调节器(一个安装在热水储存器底部附近的位于一个四方形的金属盒子的外表面的圆形的刻度盘)是否设在“WARM暖”或者“VACATION度假”(意味着低温度)上,如果是,把它调整到更高的温度设定“HOT热”上。

5、打开金属盒子下面的金属仪表板,找一下能不能发现火种(通常在燃烧炉旁边的一个小金属壳的电子管的末端),如果火种熄灭,尝试第六步。

6、将四方形的金属盒子上的带刻度盘的旋扭扭到“PILOT点火”的位置,用手指把旋扭往下压,这样一来会有小量的燃气通入金属壳的电子管内点燃火种(使用BBQ点火器),点燃了没?火种能不能保持燃烧?如果能,用手指压住旋扭保持30秒,然后松开手指,盖上金属仪表板的盖,把旋扭扭到“ON开”的位置。现在你开始听到燃烧炉的响声了吧。

7、如果火种不能保持亮,重复第六步,如果重复几次后还是不能保持亮,你需要叫人(水管工或者燃气管道调试工)来维修了。

8、以上几步只是燃气热水器点火操作指引的一些补充,你可以在绝大多数的热水储存器的外壳找到这些点火指引

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
电话: 403-667-4677
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #1 - No hot water supply (gas water heater)

1.Check water shut-off valve(cold water supply to tank)above hot water tank is opened.

2.Check gas shut-off valve(usually a brass fitting located along the black iron gas pipe)next to hot water tank is opened(the lever direction is parallel to the gas pipe direction means open; and when it is at right angle means shut).

3.If you smell gas, turn gas supply off, and call "ATCO GAS" 403-245-7222(english speaking only). If you smell very strong gas, open all your windows before you call. This is a free-of-charge, gas leak detection service offered by your gas company. They will come to your home, usually within 1 hour, to locate the leak, but, usually, will not fix the problem, unless the leak is part of the gas meter installation.

4.Check temperature setting(a round dial mounted on the outside face of a square metal box(gas valve unit)near the bottom of the hot water tank) is set at "WARM" or "VACATION"(means low temperature); adjust to higher temperature-"HOT".

5.Open metal access panels(below square metal box). Do you see any pilot light? If pilot light is dead(located at the end of a small metal tube near the burner), follow step 6.

6.Rotate dial knob(on top of the square metal box)to "PILOT" position. Depress the knob with finger & hold down. This allows small amount of gas to the metal tube for you to ignite the pilot light(use a BBQ lighter). Ignite it NOW! Does the pilot light stay on? If yes, keep pressing down the knob for 30 seconds, and release you finger. Replace the 2 metal access panels. Turn the knob to "ON". You should hear the burner starts burning.

7.If the pilot light does not stay on, repeat step 6. If it does not stay on after several tries, you need a serviceman(plumber or gas fitter)to do repair.

8.The above steps are in addition to the lighting instruction sticker; you can find it placed on the body of most hot water tank.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题二、没有暖气供应。(适用于强制送风式燃气炉系统)

1、建议先看完第一个话题再继续看下去

2、检查自动调温器是否设在正确的温度上。如果你的自动调温器标志有“热HEAT”,“关OFF” 和 “冷COOL”的调节开关,请确保开关打在“热HEAT”上。另外如果你的自动调温器是带程序式液晶显示的话,请检查里面的电池是否已经没电了。

3、检查电源开关是否已经打开。开关一般设在火炉附近,天花板上或者离地六尺高的一面墙壁上。该开关必须打开,火炉和位于房屋主层的自动调温器才能正常运转。

4、检查电源控制主板,找出火炉专用的匝刀开关(应该是15安或者20安),如果该开关处在关的位置,请打到开的位置。如果打到开的位置后反复跳回关的位置,请找电工来检查。

5、检查空气过滤网(空气过滤网冬天时应该每月更换),如果空气过滤网太脏,会减慢空气的流动,严重是会导致火炉自动熄灭。这是所有火炉都应该具备的安全装置,以防止过热和不完全燃烧)。

6、检查供气阀门是否打开。如果你嗅到强烈的天然气味道,立即打开所有窗户,并拨打ATCO GASS公司的电话,号码是403-245-7222。

7、以下的操作适用于老式的火炉(主要是1985年或者之前生产的火炉)。先打开前盖的上部(通常是提起然后拉出来),暴露出燃气阀和燃烧装置的前部,然后尝试找出火种。如果火种已经熄灭,请按照第八步骤重新点燃。接着打开盖板的下部,你会看到风扇的转动装置(有时候甚至可以看到下面的空气过滤网)。然后检查带动风扇的一条黑色橡胶皮带是否已经断了,如果断了或者已经开裂,都必须更换(这种皮带可以在Canadian Tire商店里买到)。检查完皮带后就可以把下部的盖板盖上。

8、燃气阀装置(类似燃气热水器上的那个)上应该有标着“关OFF”,“点火PILOT”和“开ON”的旋扭开关。将旋扭转到“点火PILOT”的位置,用手指按住旋钮,这时应该有一小股气体进入一个小金属管以便让你点燃火种,这时应该立即用点火器点燃火种,火种点燃后应继续按压旋钮30秒以便让火种保持燃烧,然后松开手,迅速将旋钮旋至“开ON”的位置。如果电供应正常,自动调温器的温度设定也合适的话,火炉内的燃烧室应该在45秒内启动。

9、如果火种不能够保持燃烧,请重复第八步的操作。如果尝试几次后还是不能保持正常燃烧,则表明火炉需要修理。这种情况下通常要么是热电偶(一个保持火种燃烧的小装置)故障,要么就是燃气阀装置失灵(维修或者更换的费用要更高)。

10、较新的火炉也许不需火种。它们是通过电子点火装置或者电子发热点火装置来点燃燃烧室。通常情况下在这些火炉的下部你都能看到一些电脑板。如果电脑板坏了,你必须聘请火炉技术员来找出原因,多数情况下技术员会更换损坏的电脑板,以便更正点火装置。

11、请检查下部盖板是否盖得紧密,部分火炉会因为盖板松动中断电力供应(这是一种自动保护的安全装置)。

12、标准的自动调温器(里面带有水银泡的那种)有时候也会突然失灵。如果你够胆量的话,可以进行以下的测试(动手能力差的人不建议这样做):从墙上拆下自动调温器(前盖和基本装置),你会看见背后连着2根细小的电线。将其中一根用罗丝刀拧开,接到另外一根上(这样一来就会自动接通火炉的回路),然后走到地下室去看火炉是否已经启动燃烧。如果是,证明你的自动调温器已经坏了,可以去 Home Depot商店买一个一模一样的回来自己装上就行了(20元左右)。

13、祝你好运。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #2 No warm air supply (forced air gas furnace system)

1. Recommend reading topic #1 before reading below.

2. Check for correct temperature setting of the thermostat. If you have a switch labeled "HEAT", "OFF" & "COOL", make sure it is on "HEAT". Also check for possible dead battery if you have a programmable LCD display thermostat.

3. Check electrical supply is on. There is a switch, installed at ceiling level or at about 6 ft from floor of a wall, near the furnace. Make sure this is switched on. This supplies electricity for the furnace to operate as well as the control thermostat installed at main floor of your house.

4. Check electrical panel, the breaker (15A or 20A) for furnace is on. If it keeps tripping the breaker, call an electrician.

5. Check for very dirty air filter (change every month in winter). The slow movement of air will cause the furnace to shut down by itself. This is a safety feature (prevents overheating) of all furnaces.

6. Check gas shut-off valve is opened. If you smell very strong gas, open all windows and call "ATCO GAS" 403-245-7222.

7. The following is for old model furnaces (mostly 1985 & older). Open front access panel of the furnace (usually lift up & pull); this will expose gas valve unit & front portion of the combustion system. Do you see any pilot light? If it is dead, follow step 8 to re-ignite. Open the lower half of the access panel; you will see the fan motor unit (sometime with an air filter below). Do you see a broken black rubber fan belt? Even if it is cracked, you should have it replaced (buy from Canadian Tire). Put the lower panel back on.

8. The gas valve unit (similar to the one at the hot water tank) has labeled "OFF", "PILOT" & "ON"; rotate the knob to "PILOT" position. Depress the knob with finger & hold down. This allows small amount of gas to the small metal tube for you to ignite the pilot light. Ignite it NOW! Does the pilot light stay on? If yes, keep depressing down the knob for 30 seconds, and release you finger. Turn the knob to "ON". With proper electrical supply & temperature setting of the thermostat, the furnace should fire up the burners within 45 seconds.

9. If the pilot light does not stay on, repeat step 8. If it does not stay on after several tries, you need repair. Usually, it is either the thermocouple (a device to keep the pilot light on) problem or malfunction of the gas valve unit (more $ to repair/replace).

10. Newer furnaces may not have a pilot light. This means the firing up of the burners is either by electronic ignition or electrical hot plate ignition. You normally see some computer chipboard inside the lower portion of the furnace. If it breaks down, you have to hire a furnace technician to trouble shoot. And normally they will replace the chipboard to correct faulty ignition of the system.

11. If you have a loosely installed lower access panel, this may shut down electrical supply to the furnace (a safety feature).

12. There may be a chance that a standard thermostat (the type with a mercury bulb inside) would fail suddenly. If you are brave enough, perform the following test (not recommended for DX without basic technical knowledge). Remove the thermostat from the wall (front cover & base unit). You will see 2 small wires connected to the back. Unscrew 1 wire and put in contact with the other (this will switch on the furnace circuit). Go down to the basement to see if the furnace will start burning. If it does, you have a faulty thermostat. Go to Home Depot, buy the same type (about $20), and replace it.

13. Good Luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

长期供应优质黑土/砂石/树皮/草卷/杉树/松树
http://www.chinasmile.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=510066
云中君 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 11th, 2007, 23:24   只看该作者   #74
云中君
田园警官办主任
级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时级别:54 | 在线时长:3178小时 | 升级还需:67小时

云中君 的头像

云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute云中君 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

话题三、家居安全

1、烟感器应该屋内每层都安装(应该安装在卧室外面的走廊的天花板上),如果9伏电池没有电的话应该及时更换(通常只能维持一年)。

2、插电式一氧化碳报警器应该安装在主层靠近火炉回风口的地方。

3、没有窗户的房间不能使用作卧室,特别是在地下室,因为万一发生火灾时我们需要通过窗户来逃生。同样的原因,卧室的窗外面千万不能加装打不开的防盗铁网。

4、在车库门关闭的情况下,不要打着汽车来进行预热,因为这样很容易产生一氧化碳,如果你的车库和房屋连在一起,一氧化碳中毒的机会就更大。你可以通过插电来预热你的车(一般需要3个小时)。其实很多年代比较新的车停在车库内是不需要插电来预热的。

5、最好不要在家中使用燃烧木头的壁炉,特别是在壁炉附近没有能打开的门窗的情况下。即使有些壁炉本身已经安装有能供应新鲜空气的风口,使用它们时最好也能打开门窗,以保证为壁炉燃烧木头时提供足够的新鲜空气。

6、不要在家中小孩无人看管的情况下使用燃气壁炉(前面带玻璃那种),孩子们可能会把手放在热玻璃上从而存在被烫伤的可能。

7、检查家中的热水炉的温度设定,如果太热的话,小孩子玩水时容易被烫伤。

8、确保家中楼梯的扶手牢固,因为你年迈的双亲和年幼的孩子都需要抓住它们来上下楼梯。

9、家中存放的杂物(容易引起燃烧)最好摆放在远离火炉和热水炉的地方。

10、如果你出外度假,可以将供水主阀关闭,然后将热水炉的温度调到“温暖Warm”或者“假期Vacation”上(不要关闭炉子的电源)。

11、如果房屋外墙是塑料的话,请不要将热的烧烤炉放在靠外墙的地方。

12、火炉内的空气过滤网如果脏了就需要更换。

13、住的开心吧!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #3 - Home Safety

1. Smoke detectors should be installed at each storey (at ceiling level, outside the bedroom area-hallway) of your house. Replace 9V battery if dead (last for 1 year).

2. Install carbon monoxide detector (plug-in type) near the returen air grille/opening (on main floor) of your furnace system.

3. Do not use any room without window opening as a bedroom, particularly on basement level. We need the window to get out in case of a fire. Do not install non-openable security bar/grille at this window.

4. Do not start your car to warm up inside a garage with the overhead garage door closed. Carbon monoxide poisoning. Particularly your garage is attached to the house. You can plug in block heater (only need 3 hours) of your car to keep warm. Most newer model cars do not need to plug in when park inside a garage.

5. Do not use wood burning fireplace inside your house, particularly with no immediate window/door opening nearby. This opening is for supplying fresh air for you to burn wood (even though some fireplace comes with built-in fresh air vents).

6. Do not operate gas fireplace (with glass front) with your child un-attended. They may put their hands on the HOT glass and BURN.

7. Check water temperature setting of your hot water tank. Too hot is dangerous for your young children when they play with water.

8. Make sure all handrails/railings are securely fastened at staircase. Your old parents & young children need to grab on when they go up & down the stairs.

9. Keep storage (combustible) away from furnace & hot water tank.

10. If you are leaving home for a long vacation, shut off the water main valve & turn hot water temperature setting to "WARM" or "VACATION" (do not switch off electricity supply to furnace).

11. Your hot BBQ should not get near your house wall when it is plastic.

12. Replace dirty air filter on your furnace.

13. Have a nice stay!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题四、顶置式车库门开启装置。

1、为使滑轮在轨道(通常是工字梁或者圆形的竿)上行走时更顺畅,避免金属和金属相摩擦(当轨道上缺少润滑油的时候),轨道应该每年检查并润滑一次,润滑时使用汽车用的润滑油就可以了。如果轨道上没有润滑油,你的车库门开启装置甚至将不能正常工作。

2、张力弹簧上应该定期喷一喷WD40或者等效的润滑油(防止积锈),当车库门上升或者下降时这个弹簧会旋转,所产生的张力会使门的重力减少到最小。千万不要自己去尝试调试这个弹簧。

3、如果你让孩子们独自在车库玩耍,最好将车库门的电源断开,以防止意外发生。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #4 - Overhead garage door opener

1. Grease the track (I-beam or rounded rod) for the glider to move freely without metal polishing metal (when the track is out of grease). Check and do this every year. The kind of grease is same as the type we use on our cars. Your opener will not function properly without grease on the track.

2. Spray "WD40" (or equivalent) on the tension spring (preventing rust build up). This spring rotates when the overhead door moves up & down. The tension keeps the door weight to minimum. Never adjust this spring yourself.

3. Disconnect power to the door opener when you let your children play alone in the garage.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题五、清洗热水缸

1、在看下去之前请先参考话题一。

2、如果你的热水缸型号比较新,你应该可以使用“清洗flushing”功能来排掉累积在热水缸底部的沉淀物。

3、你需要一跟浇水用的水管,一端连接热水缸的排水阀(在靠近底部的地方),另一端连接地漏。

4、让排水阀全开,排水五分钟(不管你看到出来的水是透明的还是棕色的),每六个月最好做一次。

5、热水缸上的其他控制开关不要自己乱动。

6、排出来的水通常是冷的。

7、如果排水的时候一开始就有热水出来,证明你的热水缸可能已经旧了,你洗澡的时候可能不够热水用。

8、排水五分钟后,就可以关闭出水阀了,关的时候不要拧得太紧,关闭阀门后你也许还能看到滴水,但是不用担心,水缸内的水加热之后就不会再滴水了。

9、以上的步骤可以延长热水缸的使用寿命,但是不能解决旧的热水缸供应热水不足的问题(单靠排水不容易将沉淀物完全排空)。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #5 - Flushing of hot water tank

1. Refer to topic #1 before reading below.

2. If you have a rather new model hot water tank, you shall perform "flushing" to clear or flushing out sediment build-up at the bottom of the tank.

3. You need a garden hose to connect the drain valve (near the bottom of the tank), and put the other end of the hose into a floor drain.
4. Open the drain valve fully opened. Let run for 5 minutes (no matter you see clear or brown water coming out). Do this once every 6 months.

5. Do not adjust any other controls on the tank.

6. The water being flushed out is usually cold.

7. If you have hot water coming out at the very beginning, it means you probably have an old tank, and you are not getting enough hot water for your bath.

8. After the 5-minute flushing, close the drain valve, do not over tighten. There may be some dripping, but it will stop when the water heats up again.

9. The above helps to prolong the life of the hot water tank. But, could not solve the lack of hot water supply of an old tank (the sediment is too hard to remove by flushing).

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
云中君 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 11th, 2007, 23:35   只看该作者   #75
云中君
田园警官办主任

云中君 的头像

Talking

话题六、一氧化碳报警器

请所有生活在加拿大的大侠们注意:

不管你是租住在地下室的房间,或者是住在一所价值百万的房子里面,你都需要在你的房屋的主层安装一个一氧化碳报警器来保护你和你的家人免受由于燃烧系统意外失误导致的一氧化碳中毒的威胁。一对老年夫妇在刚刚过去的星期一在Whitehorn的家中正是由于一氧化碳中毒而死亡。请你们将这个信息告诉给你们所有的亲戚和朋友,赶紧买一个一氧化碳报警器吧!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #6 - Carbon Monoxide Detector

To all DX living in Canada.
No matter you are renting a basement suite, or living in an one million dollar house, you must install a carbon monoxide detector inside your house (main floor) to protect you and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning because of accidental failure of a combustion system. There is an old couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning in their Whitehorn home just past Monday this week. Please pass on this message to any of your relatives and friends. BUY IT NOW!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题七、火炉检查

如果你是ATCO Gas燃气公司的客户,你应该打电话去他们的办公室,让他们安排一名技术员到你家中对你的火炉进行一次简单的例行检查。我之所以说这是简单的检查是因为这项服务完全是免费的,其实我们每个月的取暖费帐单里面就有小部分是预留到这项服务里面的(因此也可以说不是免费的)。你有权要求他们每年来检查一次。不要对这项免费服务期望太高,他们检查完后还要去喝咖啡呢。人们通常都会在冬天之前要求这项服务,预约的时间通常都会在两到三周之后(不象是气体泄漏,他们会马上过来检查)。如果你对家中的燃烧系统一窍不通,那就不妨叫他们来检查一下,以确保机器运作安全。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #7 - Checking on Furnaces

If you have a customer account with ATCO Gas, you may telephone their office to set up an appointment with one of their technicians to come to your house to carry out a simple checking on your furnace. This is a free-of-charge service and that's why I called this a simple checking. Actually, portion of your monthly gas bill goes to this service (so it is not free). You can have one inspection per year. Don't expect too much from this free service, they need a coffee break afterward. People usually do this before winter comes. Appointment is usually scheduled within the following 2 to 3 weeks. (not like gas leak, they will come right away). If you do not understand any of the combustion system in your house, it is a good idea to have them come to you to ensure a safe operation.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题八、为雨季做好准备

卡尔加里的雨季是从五月到六月。如果你不畏高的话,不妨自己架起梯子来清理屋檐下的排水沟。这样做的目的是确保雨水能快速有效地从落水管流到地下然后排到远离房屋的地方。检查所有的落水管和它们的延伸部分的位置是否正确,以便保证能使雨水下来后能流到远离房屋基础的地方。检查排水沟转角的地方有没有松动或者密封不严,如果有的话应该添加硅填充材料(Home Depot可以买到)来加强连接部位的水密性。应该在天气足够暖和的时候才到外面去做这项工作,如果你家旁边有大树,这项检查和维修的工作还应该一年做两次(四月和十月),做的时候注意安全!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #8 - Preparing for rainy months

Our rainy season is May & June in Calgary. If you are not afraid of height, climb up an extension ladder to clean all the gutters by your roof. This will improve fast & efficient draining of rain water down to the downpipes and away from your house. Check all the downpipes and extension are correctly placed to drain water away from your house foundation. Look at corners of the gutters for loose or damaged seal, they may need extra silicone caulking (buy from Home Depot) to watertight the mitre joints. Try to do this when the weather is warm enough for you. If you have large trees near your house, you should do this 2 times a year (April & October). BE CAREFUL!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十、汽车遥控启动装置

尽管卡尔加里今年冬天比较暖和,但是在冷的时候,我想大家都喜欢走进一辆安装有遥控启动装置的温暖的车里面。不过要告诉大家的是,我的车子没有装遥控启动装置,我以后也不准备安装。为什么?请听我下面慢慢说:

遥控启动装置,顾名思义,是由遥控器来控制的。当汽车停在外面时,除了会释放一些尾气引起全球温室效应以外,不会产生其他问题。遥控启动装置和汽车的遥控报警装置,或者我们的遥控车库门的工作原理很相象。我们只要按一个按钮,它就会开或者关。试想一下如果那辆汽车停在你的车库内,车库又是和房屋连在一起的那种,万一遥控启动装置被其他无线电频道干扰而意外启动(你家里顽皮的孩子可能会这样做的,又或者一些小偷也会故意发射一些随机的无线电信号来尝试打开你的车库门,因此门一定要锁好),汽车就会不断地在车库里面释放一氧化碳,而这些有毒的气体又会透过门缝或者孔洞钻进屋内,严重时甚至可以置全家人于死地(一睡不醒)。因此再一次提醒大家屋内一定要安装一氧化碳报警器,也请大家把这个提醒告诉给身边所有的人。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #10 - Remote starter for your vehicle

Calgary is quite warm this year. When it is cold, I bet you all love to get into a warm car with a remote vehicle starter installed. Ha! Ha! I don't have one, and I don't want to install one. WHY????? Read below:

The remote starter is, of course, activated by a remote control. When the car is parked outdoor, there should not be any problems other than dumping exhaust gas to affect our global warming. This remote control acts similar to our remote control for vehicle security alarm system or our overhead garage door opener . We push a button, it goes on and off. Think about when the car is parked inside your garage attached to your house; and the remote starter is interfered by other radio frequency and accidently turned on. (Your naughty kid may do this. Or, some crooks try to open your garage door by emitting random radio signals; always lock the man door). The car will keep pumping carbon monoxide gas into the garage, and the poisonous gas will seep through any cracks or holes to get into the house. Your whole family may get kill because of this (sleeping through the night and never get up). Once again, you must install carbon monoxide detector inside your home. Please pass on this message to all DX.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
云中君 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 11th, 2007, 23:41   只看该作者   #76
云中君
田园警官办主任

云中君 的头像

Talking

话题十一、浴室内的电动刮胡刀插座

如果你住着的是一所20年以上的旧房子,浴室内会留有一个专供男士电动刮胡刀使用的插座,今天这个插座已经没有多大用处了。你可以自己动手把它改成今天我们新房子内常见的GFCI插座。

1、电动刮胡刀插座背后是一个变压器。

2、关闭电源。(地下室的控制电板的其中一个15安的匝刀开关应该就是供应变压器的电源)

3、断开原有接线,重新接到新的GFCI插座上(可以在Rona或者Home Depot商店买到,价钱大约是10元。接线前请阅读说明,务必将热极(黑色)和中性极(白色)接到插座的相应位置上,要对齐插座的后盖,不能硬装。最后不要忘记接地线(裸露的铜线)。

4、要在原有的开口上重新装回新的插座还必须买一个相应大小的金属壳或者托架(可以在Rona或者Home Depot商店买到,大小应该是11平方厘米,价钱大约是7元)。

5、测试一下新插座,如果工作,你就大功告成了。如果不工作,你还需要再读一次GFCI插座的安装说明书,然后再试一次。祝你好运!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #11 - Razor outlet in bathroom

If you live in an old house, mostly 20 years or more, there is an electrical razor outlet for men plugging in their electric shavers. Today, it is obsolete. You can replace this outlet by a GFCI outlet we normally see in a new house.

1) Behind the existing razor outlet, there is a transformer.

2) Turn off the power (from your electrical panel, and is one of the 15A breakers) supplying to this transformer).

3) Disconnect the wiring, and connect to your new GFCI outlet ($10 from Rona/Home Depot). Read the instruction. Make sure you connect the hot (black) & neutral (white) to the proper position on the outlet. (ususally to "LINE" and not "LOAD" on the back of the outlet). Don't forget the ground connection (bare copper wire).

4) Install the outlet on the same opening by buying same size metal cover plate/bracket ($7 from Rona/Home Depot, size is about 11cm square).

5) Test the button on the outlet. If it works, you are done. If not, read installation instruction of the GFCI outlet, try again.
Good Luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十二、烟雾报警器

请检查你家中的烟雾感应器工作是否正常。烟雾感应器有两种,一种是使用干电池的,常见于大部分的老房子。另一种不用干电池,而是连接到你家中的电源插座上。那么怎样测试呢?请看下面的步骤:

1、如果你吸烟,可以把香烟(或者熏香)靠近烟雾感应器,然后等待报警声音。

2、如果你炒菜的时候报警声也会响,这也应该算正常。你也可以去按报警器上的测试按钮。

3、如果报警不响,这意味着要不就是电池已经没有电(需要更换)或者是报警器里面的感应器工作不正常。又或者是报警器的插头由于其他原因引起接触不良。

4、如果你的烟雾报警器使用已经超过10年了,即使它仍然能工作,你也应该予以更换,因为这只是花费你10元左右。

5、如果你的报警器每分钟都发出一声短促的蜂鸣声,这意味着电池快要用尽了,请更换电池。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #12 - Smoke Detectors

Please check your smoke detectors to see if they are working properly or not. You have only 2 types. One is battery operated, found in most old houses. The other is not using battery, but it is connected to the electricity supply of your house.
How to test? See follows:

1) if you smoke, put your cigarette smoke (or use incense) near the detector, and listen to the siren come on.

2) if the siren comes on when you cook, it means OK. You may also push the test button.

3) if the siren does not come on, it means either the battery is dead (needs replacement) or the sensor of the detector is not functioning. Or the electrical connection to the detector is disconnected for some other reason.

4) You should replace any old model of smoke detectors if they are older than 10 years, even though they may still work. It costs you only $10.

5) If you hear "beep" once every minute, it means the battery power is low. Replace battery.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十三、加湿器

附加在供暖系统上的加湿器通常有三种(又或者你家会没有):

1、鞋盒型加湿器:看起来好象一个金属的鞋盒,通常安装在火炉上方(暖风管的一恻)。这种加湿器要求经常清洗零部件,我建议每年最少清洁两次。如果你不清洗,加湿器将会漏水(水从里面的盛水盆溢出)从而损害火炉的金属部件。

2、旋转式鼓状加湿器:看起来也是一个金属箱子(只是比第一种大三倍),里面有一块能旋转的海绵垫,不断地从一个盛水盆里吸水。海绵垫依靠一台小电动机(寿命只有一到两年)带动旋转,而从火炉里出来的干燥空气则被强制经过潮湿的海绵垫。为使加湿器正常工作,你需要每年清洗一次所有的零部件。

3、水帘式加湿器:这种加湿器的大小和第二种几乎相同,只是没有可移动的零部件。水从加湿器的上方流下来,流经一块编织状的海绵。从火炉里出来的干燥空气被强制经过潮湿的海绵,而多余的水就流到加湿器的底部。加湿器底部安装有一条塑料管,能把集水盆里面的水转移到地漏里面。到目前为止,这是最好的加湿器。

不管你家中的加湿器是哪一型,不用的时候你都要关闭加湿器的水源以防止漏水。现在天气已经开始暖和,你家中的火炉已经不象冬天那样使用得那么频繁。如果你仍然希望使用加湿器,你就需要经常清洗它,以保持好的状态。

如果你不想那么麻烦,你也可以直接把系统关闭(关闭加湿器的水源)然后去买一个便携式的加湿器(塑料水箱那种),大约30到60元,放到你需要的位置,插上电源就可以使用了。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #13 - Humidifier

There are generally 3 types of humidifer installed on our heating system: (Or you may not have any.)

1. Shoe-box humidifier: it looks like a metal shoe box, and is usually installed above the furnace (off one side of the heating ductwork). This humidifier requires frequent cleaning of all parts. I would say at least 2 times a year. If you ignore, it will leak (overflowing of the inside water pan) and damage the metal of the furnace.

2. Rotating drum type humidifier: A metal box (3 times bigger than #1)with a rotating foam pad absorbing water from a water pan. There is a small motor (last for 1 or 2 years) rotates the foam pad; and dry furnace air is forced through the damp pad. You also need to clean all parts every year to keep it working properly.

3. Water curtain type humidifier: This is almost the same size as #2, but with no moving parts. Water is supplied at the top of the unit, and flows through a wicker type foam; dry furnace air is forced through the damp wicker. Any excess water will flow down to the bottom of the unit and divert/discharge by the plastic drain tube installed at the bottom of the collecting pan and down into your floor drain. This is, so far, the best type of humidifier.

No matter what you have, you should shut off the water supply to your humidifier to prevent possible leakage. The weather is warm and your furnace will not be running as often as winter. If you still want to use it, thats fine, make sure you clean and maintain the humidifier in good shape.

If you don't want to go through all the headaches, shut off the system (water supply); buy a portable type (plastic water tank unit), about $30 to $60, and just plug in an electrical outlet where you want it.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十六、保养瓦面

我想提醒住在木劈瓦房屋的人,你们的瓦面类型比起其他瓦面类型更需要注意保养,我建议你们应该每两年就要检查和更换已经损坏的木瓦片。我说的损坏是指木瓦片开裂、破开、呈杯状、卷曲等等。由于木材本身的天然特性决定了木瓦片的形状会随温度和湿度的改变而变形。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #16 - looking after your roof

I want to remind people with wood shakes roof. They require more attention than other roofing types. You are advised to check and replace damaged ones every 2 years. What I meant "damaged" is the wood shake itself is cracked, splitted, cupped, curled, etc due to the natural characteristic of wood. Wood adjusts its shape according to temperature, and humidity.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十七、专业火炉清洗

今年已经过去的夏天看起来比较短,而且很多雨天。我经常提醒大家每两到三年都要清洗一次火炉和所有的管道网。冬天里还要每个月都更换空气过滤片。清洗火炉和管道网有助于保持火炉的正常寿命和保持它的使用效率。在你雇佣一家专业火炉清洁公司之前最好多问几家,确保他们会清洁你的火炉内的燃烧室。专业的火炉清洁人员会清洁所有的管道网(特别是平放的主管)、热水缸、火炉和检查空气过滤片的清洁度、风扇皮带的状况和风扇电动机的校正。这些工作最好能在九月完成(冬天之前)。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #17 Professional cleaning of furnace

Our summer time seems to be short this year, and with plenty of rainy days. I alway remind you DX to clean your furnace and ductworks once every 2 or 3 years. And always change the air filter once every month in Winter. The cleaning of furnace & ductworks is important to maintain the lifespan of your furnace and to maintain the proper efficient operation of the furnace. Check out several professional furnace cleaning companies before you hire them. And make sure they clean the combustion chamber of your furnace. A proper professional furnace cleaning person will clean all the ductworks (particularly the flat sitting main duct), hot water tank, furnace, & check filter cleaniness, fan belt condition, fan motor alignment. Please try to do this sometime in September (before Winter).

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十八、硬木地板

如果你家安装有真正的硬木地板,你同时也需要在你的供暖系统里面安装一个好的加湿系统。如果没有的话,冬天里从火炉出来的干热空气可能会使你的木地板收缩。对于大部分的新房子,特别是那些装有处理过的硬木地板的新房子,好的加湿系统更是必须。

但是对于一些已经安装有硬木地板五六十年的老房子来说,加湿系统就显得不那么重要了。一些老房子屋内的湿度甚至比新房子还要高。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

topic #18 - Hardwood flooring

If you have real hardwood flooring in your home, you also need to have good humidifying system installed at your heating system. The dry & hot air coming out of your furnace may shrink the hardwood finishings, during the winter months. This is necessary for most of the new homes, particularly with prefinished hardwood flooring.

This may not be applicable to some of the old houses with hardwood flooring sitting there for over 50 or 60 years. Some old houses are more humid than new houses.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题十九、屋内的怪声

有时候我们会听到屋内发出的一些奇怪的响声(特别是在冬天的几个月里面),怎么找也找不出原因。这些响声听起来有时候象是滴水声,有时候象是有东西裂开发出的声音。

放心,大部份的响声都不会有任何问题。记住,你的房子是由木头框架建造而成的,而木头又总是在不断地收缩或者胀大,收缩或者胀大的过程中听起来就好象是在开裂。再看看屋内其余的供暖和水管系统,供暖的管道基本上都是金属做的,这些金属会随着供暖系统的每一次的开关循环而相应地胀大和收缩。如果你的房子已经超过20年,你家中的水管或许全部都是铜做的。同样道理,特别是如果当你打开热水时,你也许就会听到叮当叮当的响声。

过一个愉快的下雪季节吧!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #19 - Noise in your house

Sometimes, we hear some noise (particularly during winter months) inside our home & do not know what causes it. This may sounds like water dripping, something drops on the floor, or something snaps etc.

Most of the cases, you do not have any problems. Remember your house is built by wood frame construction, the wood members expand & contract all the time. This may sound like something is cracking. And look at the rest of your heating & plumbing systems. The heating ductwork is mostly metal; the metal expands & contracts everytime when the furnace system cycles on/off. If your house is older than 20 years, you may have copper material for all the water supply pipes; and is in the same condition, especially when you turn on the hot water tap. You may hear clinking sound.

Have fun in the snow season!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题二十、关水器

如果你在户外看到你房子的外墙上安装有水龙头,在正常情况下,冬天的时候下我们都需要把这个水龙头打开。而在屋内则有另一个关水器(见附图),这种关水器的一端有一个把手,通常都安装在供应户外用水的水管上。冬天前把这种关水器打到“关闭”的位置,户外就没有水用了。由于室内的空气温暖,水管里的水不会结冰,万一水管内的水结冰而膨胀,也可以从户外打开的水龙头出去,因此如果户外水龙头不打开的话,水管就有可能破裂。

如果你计划出外度假,可以把房屋的供水总闸关闭,但要保持电和天然气打开,因为当你离开时,房屋仍然需要供暖。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #20 - Water shut-off

If you see an exterior water tap on your outside wall, we normally have to keep this "open" during cold winter months; provided there is another shut-off inside your house (see photo attached). This type of shut-off has a little knob at one side, and is usually installed for pipes feeding to the outside.
We shut off the water supply to the outside by keeping this "close". Warm air inside the house will not freeze the water. When water freeze and expands, it can escape through the outside tap when you have it at "open" position. Otherwise, you may have a pipe burst.

If you are planning a vacation away from home, shut off the main water supply for the whole house. Leave electrical & gas supply on. Your house requires warm air supply even when you are away.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题二十一、混凝土地面或者墙壁的裂缝

很多人一看到房屋内混凝土地面或者墙壁上的裂缝就害怕。请注意其实很多房子的地面和墙壁都会有裂缝,而大部分的裂缝对支承房屋的结构都不会有影响,但是当大雨的时候水可能会从裂缝渗透进地下室内。大部分的情况下,你都可以使用混凝土专用的硅材料来填充这些裂缝(如果他们比较细的话),如果你有大裂缝(超过10毫米)的话,你应该聘请专业人士来处理。如果你不知道你家中的裂缝对你的房子有什么影响的话,你可以去你的朋友家中看看,你朋友家中的裂缝也许和你的相似,而你的朋友可能已经在那间房子内住了好多年了。

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #21 - Cracks on concrete floor/wall

Many people are afraid of cracks they see on concrete floors or walls in the house. Please note that many of the houses have cracks on floors or walls. Most of these cracks do not affect the structural support conditioin of the house; but may allow potential moisture entry to your basement due to heavy rainfall. Most situation, you can use concrete silicone to caulk seal the cracks (if they are small). When you have large cracks (over 10mm), you may wish to hire the professional to fix it. If you are not sure about the effect of the kind of cracks you have in the house, you may want to visit one of your friend's house. The condition may be similar, and your friend has been living in the house for years.

Tom Leung
403-667-4677

话题二十二、地下室渗水

地下室是否渗水由很多因素决定,在卡尔加里一个明显的因素是我们经常变化的天气。今年我们的降雨比往年多,我们的房子从设计到建造都没有考虑要抵御这么多的雨水,因此如果我们搬我们的方法去温哥华造房子的话,我们造出来的房子全都将会漏水。但是这不等于说用温哥华的方法和技术修建出来的房子就一定不漏水。我们要求我们的房子能抵御当地的气候就可以了,并不需要绝对防水。如果你想寻找一间不渗水的房子,可能十间里面才能找到一间。当讨厌的天气来临的时候,我们可以忍受地下室有少量的渗水,但是当然谁都不愿意看到地下室出现严重的进水问题。因此我在此提醒大家一定要注意屋顶下来的落水管,保证它们排水顺畅。下大雨的时候到外面饶着房子走一圈,看看雨水是怎样排走的,我们大家都不希望看到落水管象一根大水管一样向着紧邻房子外墙角的地方灌水。

祝大家好运!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #22 - Water leaks in basement
There are so many different conditions to determine whether you have water leaks into your basement level. One of the obvious reasons is because of our changing weather in Calgary. We had more rainfall than the previous years. Our design and construction of house does not accomodate heavy rainfall. If we apply our local method and technology to build houses in Vancouver; they will all leak. And it does not mean the method and technology they use in Vancouver will give you a leak-proof home. We are building a weather-proof, and not a water-proof home. If you are looking for a leak-proof home, you may be able to find one out of the ten you look at. We could tolerate minor water entry into our home due to nasty weather condition; but we all do not want a basement with serious flooding problem. I would like to remind all of you to maintain proper drainage condition of all downspouts from the roof. Walk around the house when it is pouring outside, and see how the rain water drains. We do not want downspouts draining like a large water hose at the immediate outside corners of our house.

Good Luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
云中君 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 11th, 2007, 23:42   只看该作者   #77
云中君
田园警官办主任

云中君 的头像

Talking

话题二十三、什么时候做房子检查

我们应该要求房屋检查在白天的情况下进行。如果你白天工作都很忙,而要求房屋检查在晚上进行,那你就要不得不接受一点,晚上检查会给我们的工作带来一定的困难和限制。我个人来说,总是喜欢白天,因为所有东西都看得清清楚楚。如果有其他房屋检验师愿意在晚上给你检查房子,明显地他并不在乎你真正关心的东西。因为房子外面所有东西都太黑了看不清楚,他可以少花时间来检查。除此以外,如果你要买的是一套空房子,记住检查房子那天屋子应该有正常的电、暖气和水供应。

祝好运!

梁先生
阿省注册验房师
文章由云中君翻译

Topic #23 - when? to carry out a home inspection
We shall always request a home inspection to be carried out under the daylight. If you are too busy working everyday in the daytime, and request an evening inspection, you have to accept the difficulty and restrictions when we inspect a home in night time. I would always like to see everything under the daylight. Any other inspector who performs inspection in the evening, obviously does not care about your concerns. Anything on the outside of the house is too dark to see; and he can spend less time. Besides, if you are buying a vacant home, make sure there is normal supply of electricity, natural gas and water in the house on the day of inspection.

Good-Luck!

Tom Leung
403-667-4677
云中君 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 12th, 2007, 12:16   只看该作者   #78
zhutiger
级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时

帖子: 451
声望: 12199
zhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond reputezhutiger has a reputation beyond repute
默认

MARK .
帅哥 zhutiger 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 6th, 2007, 23:23   只看该作者   #79
新松鼠
级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时

新松鼠 的头像

帖子: 2,034
声望: 30645289
新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

谢谢云中君。我也加一个:
How to stay out of troubles.
如何避免麻烦
如果你正在买房子,而且你不知道房屋维修的知识,请特别注意以下10项,他们会给你带来更多的麻烦:
1,平顶屋(焦油砂砾屋顶)
木屋顶(特别是松木)
木外侧
房子旁边的大树
木甲板(没有加压处理)
围起来的阳台(大多数在车库上面,有一个排水管)
7) Wood foundation
木地基
8) Old skylights
旧天窗
高的木或水泥的挡水墙
老于60年的的房子。

[广告位招租]
新松鼠 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 14th, 2007, 18:33   只看该作者   #80
新松鼠
级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时级别:37 | 在线时长:1521小时 | 升级还需:75小时

新松鼠 的头像

帖子: 2,034
声望: 30645289
新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute新松鼠 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

引用:
作者: 新松鼠 查看帖子
谢谢云中君。我也加一个:
How to stay out of troubles.
如何避免麻烦
If you are shopping around for a house to buy, and you do not ...

谢谢 Tom Leung (Habitat ), 为我验房很细致,工作认真,敬业,而且解释得很清楚。
新松鼠 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码