返回   华枫论坛 > ◆主题论坛◆ > 华枫投票站

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 10:28     #1
arwn900
级别:8 | 在线时长:107小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:8 | 在线时长:107小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:8 | 在线时长:107小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:8 | 在线时长:107小时 | 升级还需:10小时

注册日期: Aug 2004
帖子: 404
arwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond reputearwn900 has a reputation beyond repute
默认 【原创】反对歧视亚裔言论

The following is a letter to Councillor Rob Ford whose comments on Wednesday night (March 5, 2008) during a council debate about extending holiday shopping to all downtown stores were full of racism and abuse!

Please e-mail your name and resident city to cdntoronto@gmail to show your support to the letter. We plan to send this e-mail, under the names of all of us, to Councillor Rob Ford, to show our objection to his racist comments and ask him to resign from the city council. This e-mail is also going to be copied to City Councillor, MPP MP of my ward and Mayor David Miller. I am expecting 1000 supports for me.

Any advice to this letter is also welcome!

Please forward this message to ALL your Toronto relatives, classmates, friends, colleagues, and anyone who may have the same feelings and ideals. Please translate this message to your own language and post it to your own media (newspapers, BBS, Blog, forums) and let as many people know as possible.

Little by little, we can have a better Toronto!

以下是准备发给Councillor Rob Ford的信件,反对他的种族主义言论, 敦促他放弃市议员职位。支持信件的请将您的名字、所在城市发e-mail到cdntoronto@gmail.com。我准备以大家的名义把这个e-mail发给Councillor Rob Ford,以及我所在选区的市议员、省议员、国会议员和市长David Miller。我期待征集1000人的支持。

如对公开信有修改意见,亦欢迎不吝赐教。
请将我们的行动告诉你在多伦多的家人、同学、朋友、同事、以及其他有相同感受和想法的人。请将我们这一行动翻译成你自己的语言并张贴到你们自己的媒体上(报纸、BBS、BLOG、论坛)并让尽可能多的人了解我们的行动。

大家一起来努力,多伦多的明天会更好!

=============================================================

Dear Councillor Rob Ford,

Subject: YOUR 'ORIENTALS' REMARK

Your comments on Wednesday night (March 5, 2008) during a council debate about extending holiday shopping to all downtown stores are more than inappropriate. Your refusal to accept Mayor David Miller's advice is more than disappointing!

"Go to the Orient. Go to Hong Kong. I've been there. You want to see workaholics? Those Oriental people work like dogs. They work their hearts out.… They sleep beside their machines. That's why they're successful in life," Mr. Ford said. (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

"Oriental people, they're slowly taking over. There's no excuses for [them.] They're hard, hard workers." (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

Mr. Miller, who was not in the chambers when Mr. Ford made his remarks, yesterday demanded he apologize. (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

"Councillor Ford's comments are totally inappropriate for anyone, let alone an elected official who represents a city that is probably the most diverse city in the world," the Mayor said. (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

"Mr. Ford needs to make an apology; it needs to be made publicly on the floor of council and it should be to all Torontonians and to city council." (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

When told that Mr. Ford said he intended his speech as a compliment to the Asian community, Mr. Miller replied: "I don't think bigoted and racist comments can be meant as a compliment. I didn't know he'd said that. But I'm quite shocked that that would be the explanation." (National Post, Friday, March 07, 2008)

I am a Canadian citizen residing at Ward 39 Scarborough Agincourt, an immigrant landed here five years ago from China. I have my parents, brothers, many relatives, many classmates and too many friends in Hongkong, mainland China and Taiwan. Are they what you called "Oriental people"? They work very hard, but are they "like dogs"?

Councillor Rob Ford, what did you mean by "Oriental people"?

When you were using words like "Oriental people", you could not pretend your English was even worse than us ESL immigrants.

Councillor Rob Ford, you have been to Hongkong and you know how rude and offensive it is to call a person a "dog" there. What did you mean by saying "Those Oriental people work like dogs"?

Councillor Rob Ford, please tell me what you really wanted to express by saying "Oriental people, they're slowly taking over". Tell me what those "Oriental people" are taking over, and from whom!

Councillor Rob Ford, how could you say with your eyes open that your speech was a compliment to the Asian community? Now I am telling you, Councillor Rob Ford, that your speech is not a compliment to our community at all, on the contrary, it is a serious offense from an uneducated person!

Councillor Rob Ford, in your dictionary I cannot find the word "respect" when you used words like "Oriental people" and referred them to as "dogs";
In your dictionary I cannot find the word "honesty" when you pretended your speech as a compliment to the Asian community;
In your dictionary I cannot find the word "equality" when you said "Oriental people" were slowly taking over!

What I do find from your words is a racist, a person lack of necessary education, a person who is unable to control and conceal his anxiety, disappointment and anger!

I cannot believe such a person could be elected sitting in the city hall representing our city of Toronto!

Councillor Rob Ford, you owe us an apology, publicly!

Councillor Rob Ford, you need to say sorry on the council floor!

Councillor Rob Ford, you are no longer suitable for the seat of city councillor! Please do not stay on the seat any longer!

Mr. Rob Ford, before showing up again, please do your homework and find out what "respect", "honesty" and "equity" mean and how to practice them! Also please learn how to control and conceal your anxiety, disappointment and anger!

Sincerely Yours

Johnny Yang
Taxpayer, Canadian citizen,
Toronto

此帖于 Mar 10th, 2008 18:42 被 arwn900 编辑。

铸剑为阁,积玉成林;
乐水乐山,且寿且仁。

arwn900 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 12:01   只看该作者   #2
stratus
级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

注册日期: Mar 2008
帖子: 1
声望: 0
stratus is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

Good letter. How do we support this public letter? Send an email to the email address mentioned attached with the letter?
stratus 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 12:45   只看该作者   #3
sane0898
大罗0898
级别:25 | 在线时长:733小时 | 升级还需:47小时

sane0898 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 1,896
声望: 349020
sane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond reputesane0898 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

FORD 的EMAIL地址

councillor_ford@toronto.ca
帅哥 sane0898 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 13:47   只看该作者   #4
deller
级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时级别:18 | 在线时长:403小时 | 升级还需:34小时

注册日期: Dec 2005
帖子: 217
积分:5
精华:5
声望: 39022
deller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond reputedeller has a reputation beyond repute
默认 I don't think his remarks are racism

He just wanted to say oriental people are hard workers. Maybe, the way he expresses himself is not appropriate.
Some people are a bit hyperactive to his remarks, take it easy, people...
deller 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 14:45   只看该作者   #5
NEON
级别:6 | 在线时长:68小时 | 升级还需:9小时级别:6 | 在线时长:68小时 | 升级还需:9小时

帖子: 268
NEON is an unknown quantity at this point
默认 Support Councillor Ford

Your people seem never read or watch english medias.
Councillor Ford is one of few good councillors in City Toronto. He is the opposition of Mayer Miller.
Last year he was under investigation by Mayer Miller controlled Toronto's City Council, because he only used a couple of bucks for his office budget. On other hand, most of the Councillors claimed thousands dollars for lunchs & dinners, one councillor ever claim $8000 for his camera. But only him who was was under investigation, because he saved tax dallars.
If you don't want Toronto to be a big slum, please don't do this.
And the Toronto Star represents interests of leftists such as Public Service workers Union, David Miller, Teachers, TTC Worker.
NEON 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 15:00   只看该作者   #6
NEON
级别:6 | 在线时长:68小时 | 升级还需:9小时级别:6 | 在线时长:68小时 | 升级还需:9小时

帖子: 268
NEON is an unknown quantity at this point
默认 请不要狗咬吕洞宾。

你根本不知道,哪个政客真正代表你的利益。不要受人一忽悠,不小心做了损害自己利益的事。Ford is the enemy of Mayer Miller and Toronto Star.
NEON 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2008, 16:34   只看该作者   #7
species5618w
级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:15 | 在线时长:319小时 | 升级还需:1小时

注册日期: Dec 2007
帖子: 794
声望: 1645903
species5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond reputespecies5618w has a reputation beyond repute
默认

"Dear Councillor Miller Blasts Ford"?

哎哟, 我肚子疼.

赶紧发, 赶紧发.
species5618w 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子