返回   华枫论坛 > ◆生活板块◆ > 枫叶丽人

发表新主题 回复

查看全部 主题工具
旧 Jul 25th, 2012, 20:38     #1
rabbitjessy
级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 7,737
积分:93
精华:32
rabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: Pinkpiggy 查看帖子
哈哈,越老越吃香呀,老板知道的还不如我多,神马都靠着咱呢,基本达到了无法无天的境界了。
I am not sure the older we are, the better job opportunity we will have. One of my friend's hubby just be laid off. He is 50 and at direct level. The worst part of is that he signed non compete act ,so he can not work all the major companies in his industry. Very bad situation.
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 25th, 2012, 20:52     #2
rabbitjessy
级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时级别:29 | 在线时长:997小时 | 升级还需:23小时

声望: 2018741
rabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond reputerabbitjessy has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: _虫二 查看帖子
我的意思是:中国人和中国人混,白人一般和白人混,印巴人和印巴人混。就是指不工作平常玩的时候哈。当然偶尔也会玩在一起,不是说一次没有。不同种族大家一起吃个中饭也很正常。不代表什么.

你那里大家都混在一起玩?我去多论多感觉也一样。好象听你说起来也是和中国人一起玩的多。

常识哈:有机会你当然会优先考虑...
I can not agree on some of your comments. In our business area, I am the only one from mainland china, my peers are very nice to me. My bosses treat me even better. Today i had a very important business presentation in from of senior vp, the bosses really assist ed me and highly compliment my works. Also I hang out with white color bosses for lunch and dinner in many occasions.

I do not believe our skin color is the reason that we can not climb up the career ladder.. I think the weaknesses of our Chinese immigrants are soft skills and leader ship skills. And we are not outspoken enough and self promote our contribution to the business.

A great leader will give everyone opportunity as long as you prove yourself
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 26th, 2012, 07:59     #3
rabbitjessy

默认

I do not know ur work enovioment and ur office cululture. It looks like you might have negative experience in office. What I can tell u is that I never criticize our Chinese culture and my value system is still very tradition. I always have conversation with my peers at lunch table to explain how our Chinese thinks and how chinese will behave different in differently. Last, I do not like to hang out with my in law family because there are the difference of value and system. I try to avoid them as much as I can.
My best bff are mainland Chinese not white girls.
What i do differently is that I learn to adapt and play politics. And I am not a shy person. I spoke my mind and push back things that I do not think right. And I use opportunity to self promote my achievements. Also I alwYs show confidence and positive attitude in the office, this is very important.
90% of time in office you need act if you want to get notice or move up.if I want to move up, I won't read how Canadian think! I go to buy a book about office politics and communication skills. Understanding general human behavior is more important than understand one particular race.

And one of our senior vp from sear us is a authentic mainland lady. I do not know how she get there, but I knew she has strong cOmmunication and politic savvy from her speech and her behavior.
My point is simple , you got to act. Not all white people are at senior level. Please compare the behavior of senior people with non management employees, you will know the race or culture play a very small part in determination of promotion.
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
感谢 rabbitjessy
此篇文章之用户:
photo (Jul 26th, 2012)
旧 Jul 26th, 2012, 13:49     #4
rabbitjessy

默认

引用:
我召的人还没有一个熟人。我没遇到过这个问题。但是我能做到的是对每个员工都一样,不论他们的肤色,他们的年龄,他们的学历,他们的背景。。。。。。。。

如果是我的熟人,我介绍给公司,我一定会告诉我的老板,让他来做决定,我就自然回避了。工作中的操守很重要。
This is the right way. Very professional
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 26th, 2012, 21:34     #5
rabbitjessy

默认

引用:
作者: liuycc 查看帖子
兔子,还欠着你一顿饭呢

8月长周末那周我休假,除此之外,你什么时候有空?
you owe me nothing. Do not worry about. I am in new York in the first week of aug.
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 27th, 2012, 21:58     #6
rabbitjessy

默认

引用:
作者: liuycc 查看帖子
兔子没问题,我就没问题
你想好时间,哪天中午来downtown吧,我附近一个日本小饭馆还不错
Not a problem
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 27th, 2012, 22:24     #7
rabbitjessy

默认

引用:
各行如各山,所以你说的并不能说明我们公司的事情。

吹牛更谈不上,我们这行也,因为我的职位需要会计背景,我才被录用的。其他的职位,基本是99%的当地土生土长的为主,国人根本就不会想进我们这个行也,本身对语言,文化,NETWORK的要求很高。不是我不招,是从来没有一个国人申请者。
一个地区经理,...
粉猪,别费伸了,很都时侯,你跟不了解青况的人讲不请。就象虫姑娘,一口咬定我稼了白人,我有优势。我他妈的要是借了我老公家里的光就好了,
我孜少可以早三年当上个full time buyer. 我brother in law 曾经是我上班公四里的high profile vp. 我当时进拿公四是自己在m'onster ca投的简历。后来拿个30k contract job.他都不知道我进了公四,要是我有优势,应该是可以拿4.5万的full time analyst.
我家公家婆更牛,成天和我税认是senior vp or CEO, 我早工作,从来就么问过。

money 优势,就不要提了,就一个字,cheap.我老公没networking,也不不会交即。我的白人朋有比他多。
妹妹早点休息,鸡同鸭讲没用
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 27th, 2012, 22:36     #8
rabbitjessy

默认

引用:
作者: 已吻封笺 查看帖子

这段儿白话儿,我喜欢,比以前强忒多了,好,有前途
有时候,被憋成内伤了,还是要吐槽的。
rabbitjessy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件