级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

Cool_China 的头像

注册日期: Apr 2005
帖子: 520
Cool_China will become famous soon enough
默认 hi

引用:
作者: rabbitjessy
This morning ,on my way to office , I heard that DJ in the radio to discuss "Accent". Through his interview to many ppl , nowadays speaking English with accent is widely accept by this society now. Some men even mentioned that woman who speak English with accent sound very sexy and charming .
Hi, Jessy,

If you don't care your pronunciation, just disregard my posting. On the course of my studies I've summarized some pitfalls our Chinese always make on English pronuncation.Techniques I've developed to deal with those errors prove really helpful, but it doesn't work for people who are not interested in improving their pronunciation.

Plus, pronunciation is not equal to the accent,e.g., US president speaks a typical Texas accent.

Best.,

此帖于 Apr 9th, 2005 01:11 被 Cool_China 编辑。
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 7th, 2005, 20:32   只看该作者   #22
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

声望: 69
默认 just try two words

If you are confident with the pronunciation of the following 2 words, I am sure that your pronunciation is in a higher level.

1)cool
2)China

Seems easy, but NOT.

Have fun , folks!

此帖于 Apr 9th, 2005 01:10 被 Cool_China 编辑。
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 7th, 2005, 20:41   只看该作者   #23
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

默认 Again

I am pretty sure that we Chinese can pronounce 90% of English words correctly, so don't give up yourself by 'being able to communicate is enough'.

此帖于 Apr 9th, 2005 01:11 被 Cool_China 编辑。
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 7th, 2005, 21:27   只看该作者   #24
无风絮自飞
级别:6 | 在线时长:60小时 | 升级还需:17小时级别:6 | 在线时长:60小时 | 升级还需:17小时

无风絮自飞 的头像

注册日期: Nov 2004
帖子: 344
声望: 79223
无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: 六里台
多大博士在读生英语发音如何糟糕都不要紧,楼主中文都如此糟糕实在是...

乌鸦落在猪身上,就看见别人黑!

他是和中央电视台前著名节目主持人倪萍学的中文,很标准

如:“这次联欢会突出了联欢的主题“ (新东方老罗发现的)

英语说的再标准,不也是要攥同胞的钱么?
无风絮自飞 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 7th, 2005, 23:40   只看该作者   #25
corespeed
级别:1 | 在线时长:5小时 | 升级还需:7小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 74
声望: 23
corespeed is on a distinguished road
默认

引用:
作者: 无风絮自飞
他是和中央电视台前著名节目主持人倪萍学的中文,很标准

如:“这次联欢会突出了联欢的主题“ (新东方老罗发现的)

英语说的再标准,不也是要攥同胞的钱么?
funny,It doesn't make sense.
corespeed 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 8th, 2005, 22:09   只看该作者   #26
spring leon
午夜飞行

帖子: 44
声望: 104
spring leon will become famous soon enoughspring leon will become famous soon enough
Cool

引用:
英语说的再标准,不也是要攥同胞的钱么?
What's wrong with "攥同胞的钱"? Don't you think he/she should get pay by teaching English? As long as you benefit from his technics you shouldn't take it for granted and DON'T MAKE IT HABIT!
spring leon 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 8th, 2005, 22:24   只看该作者   #27
giraffe
级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时

giraffe 的头像

帖子: 1,364
积分:28
精华:8
声望: 107468161
giraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: labour in Ca
Do u know what? russian ladies are very attracted to western guys
Do u know that too? Chinese ladies are very attractive to all the races.
美女 giraffe 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 8th, 2005, 23:31   只看该作者   #28
yoyozj
级别:6 | 在线时长:76小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:6 | 在线时长:76小时 | 升级还需:1小时

帖子: 21
声望: 0
yoyozj is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up accent V.S. syntax

Hi! cool_china,

Comparing to syntax, accent doesn't matter that much in communication. If you could speak'correct' English, using the right words, phrases, structures..even if your pronunciation is not perfect, your English is accecptible, that is your personal style. The problem for our Chinese folks' English, is not accents, but verbal and syntax.

To tell you the truth, I feel your English writing is not natural, sound bizarre. So I really doubt you are in a good positon to instruct Ph.D of UT.
English is our second language, believe in life-long learning.buddy.
yoyozj 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 00:37   只看该作者   #29
无风絮自飞

无风絮自飞 的头像

无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute无风絮自飞 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: spring leon
What's wrong with "攥同胞的钱"? Don't you think he/she should get pay by teaching English? As long as you benefit from his technics you shouldn't take it for granted and DON'T MAKE IT HABIT!
这种机会还是您独享吧。"As long as you benefit from his technics," when you benefit from his technics, share your successful story with us, cheer.
无风絮自飞 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 01:01   只看该作者   #30
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

默认 Don't get me wrong

引用:
作者: yoyozj
Hi! cool_china,

Comparing to syntax, accent doesn't matter that much in communication. If you could speak'correct' English, using the right words, phrases, structures..even if your pronunciation is not perfect, your English is accecptible, that is your personal style. The problem for our Chinese folks' English, is not accents, but verbal and syntax.

To tell you the truth, I feel your English writing is not natural, sound bizarre. So I really doubt you are in a good positon to instruct Ph.D of UT.
English is our second language, believe in life-long learning.buddy.

Yoyoz,

A PH.D candidate of the U of T can instruct me for many things. But I do think some of them should improve their pronunciation. And believe it or not I know a person who speaks quite fluent English. You won't believe that he lives here for only 5 years.
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 01:10   只看该作者   #31
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

默认 if you do care money

引用:
这种机会还是您独享吧。"As long as you benefit from his technics," when you benefit from his technics, share your successful story with us, cheer.
If you do care money, let's time a free session.
Best.,
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 03:27   只看该作者   #32
vangeo

帖子: 26
声望: 10
vangeo is on a distinguished road
默认

俺不会英语,就不用英语了,不过我觉得,口音对一个成年的外国人来说,不是交流中最主要的,主要还是有效的表达,特别是作为理工科的PH.D学生来说,研究和写作的能力远远比发音/口音重要,我见过一些在专业领域非常优秀的印度人,口音比中国人重得很,但丝毫没有减弱他们的交流能力。同意上面有位说的,词汇和语法相对重要,特别是对Ph.D.来说,logicality和got the point是presentation中最最重要的。
可怜这位弟兄,遭遇到这么多人的围攻,如果是我,可能都有suicide的想法。
vangeo 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 08:54   只看该作者   #33
无风絮自飞

无风絮自飞 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: Cool_China
If you do care money, let's time a free session.
Best.,

I care money, so I participated part time English course in Seneca College,
the assessment $30, and 3 months course $164. If after 3 months I do not feel any progress, contact with you maybe a choice. thanks.
无风絮自飞 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 08:59   只看该作者   #34
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

默认 for practice

1) Can VS cannot (emphasize on ‘t’)
2) Couldn’t
3) Book VS Luke e.g. book, look, cook
4) (Keep and need), sweet, feed VS fade e.g. key vs ‘K’, a sheet of paper VS boshit
5) Bit VS bait. E.g. river; English
6) Pass VS bother e.g. gather and Micro VS Macro
7) Cool (Ku:l), and school, nofrill. Also, compared ‘oo’ in ‘cool’ to that in ‘book’ (buk)
8) Love ('L)
9) Think VS kitchen sink; e.g. there and brother, father (bite your tongue, please J)
Think VS this, that, these, those. Cloth VS clothe (open syllable, and close syllable)
10) New York and word
11) World
12) China and media VS idea
13) Strategy ‘te’, ‘gy’; Toronto; city; university; water
14) Bike VS back
15) My mind
16) Good
17) Perfect, prefer ‘c’ and ‘pre’ in the second word
18) Excuse me
19) Because (Canadian variance)
20) My --- Micro
21) +S, nasal and non-nasal relation, e.g. maps, cooks, and bags , computers.
Plus, ‘stressed’ vs ‘bagged’

Drills:
I can do it

I cannoT do it !!! J

I couldn’t find it
Beet, bit, bait, bet, bat, but
Toronto, tomato, potato
City, twenty, pity, ability
University of Toronto is near College Street; union: onion: opinion
I love this cat
I say she says…
Thanks, I think that’s a very good idea
I will help you make a big difference
One coin, one corn
Why do English-speaking people have much more facial expression when they talk? You might think they are too emotional. But, related to the nature of English pronunciation. Comparing Chinese to English.
Vowels, including a, e, i, o, u must be stressed, plus dip
Consonants: keep in mind ‘d’, ‘t’, ‘k’, ’p’, ‘g’,’m’, and ‘n’ at the end of word. E.g. bag, back, green, column. One coin, one corn. Aime;bime,cime, dime,fime;hime; (substitute p, t, k, g for m)
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 11:04   只看该作者   #35
freebull
级别:0 | 在线时长:3小时 | 升级还需:2小时

注册日期: Dec 2004
帖子: 232
声望: 42
freebull is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

引用:
作者: Cool_China
1) Can VS cannot (emphasize on ‘t’)
2) Couldn’t
3) Book VS Luke e.g. book, look, cook
4) (Keep and need), sweet, feed VS fade e.g. key vs ‘K’, a sheet of paper VS boshit
5) Bit VS bait. E.g. river; English
6) Pass VS bother e.g. gather and Micro VS Macro
7) Cool (Ku:l), and school, nofrill. Also, compared ‘oo’ in ‘cool’ to that in ‘book’ (buk)
8) Love ('L)
9) Think VS kitchen sink; e.g. there and brother, father (bite your tongue, please J)
Think VS this, that, these, those. Cloth VS clothe (open syllable, and close syllable)
10) New York and word
11) World
12) China and media VS idea
13) Strategy ‘te’, ‘gy’; Toronto; city; university; water
14) Bike VS back
15) My mind
16) Good
17) Perfect, prefer ‘c’ and ‘pre’ in the second word
18) Excuse me
19) Because (Canadian variance)
20) My --- Micro
21) +S, nasal and non-nasal relation, e.g. maps, cooks, and bags , computers.
Plus, ‘stressed’ vs ‘bagged’

Drills:
I can do it

I cannoT do it !!! J

I couldn’t find it
Beet, bit, bait, bet, bat, but
Toronto, tomato, potato
City, twenty, pity, ability
University of Toronto is near College Street; union: onion: opinion
I love this cat
I say she says…
Thanks, I think that’s a very good idea
I will help you make a big difference
One coin, one corn
Why do English-speaking people have much more facial expression when they talk? You might think they are too emotional. But, related to the nature of English pronunciation. Comparing Chinese to English.
Vowels, including a, e, i, o, u must be stressed, plus dip
Consonants: keep in mind ‘d’, ‘t’, ‘k’, ’p’, ‘g’,’m’, and ‘n’ at the end of word. E.g. bag, back, green, column. One coin, one corn. Aime;bime,cime, dime,fime;hime; (substitute p, t, k, g for m)
hey, you do have a professional attitude. You deserve applause for what you do, keep working on!
freebull 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 11:22   只看该作者   #36
sunvv
级别:57 | 在线时长:3511小时 | 升级还需:85小时级别:57 | 在线时长:3511小时 | 升级还需:85小时级别:57 | 在线时长:3511小时 | 升级还需:85小时级别:57 | 在线时长:3511小时 | 升级还需:85小时级别:57 | 在线时长:3511小时 | 升级还需:85小时

sunvv 的头像

帖子: 4,504
声望: 1149627
sunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond reputesunvv has a reputation beyond repute
默认

楼主,可不可以告诉我类似50、60、70应该怎么发音呢?
sunvv 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 14:02   只看该作者   #37
couple
夫妻在线
级别:4 | 在线时长:40小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:4 | 在线时长:40小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:4 | 在线时长:40小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:4 | 在线时长:40小时 | 升级还需:5小时

couple 的头像

住址: Beijing, China
帖子: 1,568
积分:8
精华:2
声望: 1272496
couple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond reputecouple has a reputation beyond repute
发送 MSN 消息给 couple
默认

引用:
英语说的再标准,不也是要攥同胞的钱么?
Why not?

有市场需求,就有挣钱机会,谁跟钱有仇?是同胞的钱就不能赚?什么观念?种族歧视?那中国的航空公司、商店、饭馆......不都是在赚同胞的钱吗?狭隘!

CWO

我的签字:寻找方向 http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1232334667
已故老公的签字:世界华人好人网总舵主http://coupleonline.blog.sohu.com/
http://www.gmcca.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=71
couple 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 15:51   只看该作者   #38
chinashqchen

注册日期: Feb 2005
帖子: 6
声望: 10
chinashqchen is on a distinguished road
默认

这位老兄要没有一点发音的水平,没点自信,敢到这来发消息吗?没金钢钻,怎敢揽瓷活。支持这位老兄!
chinashqchen 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 18:47   只看该作者   #39
Cool_China

Cool_China 的头像

默认 give me a call at 416-416-3168

引用:
作者: sunvv
楼主,可不可以告诉我类似50、60、70应该怎么发音呢?
talk to you later.
Best.,

此帖于 Apr 9th, 2005 18:59 被 Cool_China 编辑。
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2005, 19:03   只看该作者   #40
giraffe
级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时级别:35 | 在线时长:1418小时 | 升级还需:22小时

giraffe 的头像

帖子: 1,364
积分:28
精华:8
声望: 107468161
giraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond reputegiraffe has a reputation beyond repute
默认

Why don't you give a free seminar for one or two hours, that way who ever are interested can give a try.
美女 giraffe 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码
论坛禁用 HTML 代码