返回   华枫论坛 > ◆生活板块◆ > 生活百事

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Apr 23rd, 2008, 23:03     #1
lovedog
级别:2 | 在线时长:14小时 | 升级还需:7小时级别:2 | 在线时长:14小时 | 升级还需:7小时

注册日期: Apr 2008
帖子: 119
lovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond reputelovedog has a reputation beyond repute
默认 $30让CNN破产。抗议CNN恶意诽谤华人 最佳应对方法!!!

$30让CNN破产。抗议CNN恶意诽谤华人 最佳应对方法!!!

A Summary on Best way to 抗议CNN恶意诽谤华人(求置顶)
来源: mengnong 于 08-04-23 0853

Every Chinese in America goes to the local small claim court and to file a small claim ($500) against CNN and Cafferty. It will cost you $50 or so to do it, you are probably not going to win (since you have no way to prove that you have the $500 financial damage). But it will cost CNN $1000 or more to defend each case, they can not counter-sue you either, because you did not cause damage to them. If we have 5000 to do so, they will act right away. You can do it anywhere in USA, the more remote location the better.

. This is what I did.
I filed a small claim in a county small claim court in Kansas. The defandant is TIME WARNER INC.
Address ONE TIME WARNER CENTER
NEW YORK, NY 10019
Telephone 2124848000

My claim: Time Warner employee, Jack Cafferty in a publically broadcasted TV news program (CNN) asserted Chinese are a bunch of "goons". This statement severely damaged my credit, which resulted $500 financial loss to my business.

Analysis: 1. why $500?
A: In Kansas, $500 or less, the filing fee is $30, otherwise it will be $50.
2. What is the next step?
In Kansas, you just need to use registered mail to mail it to the defendant, other states may require you to use law enforcement to serve a summon, which will cost you $25 to $50.
3. What will happen?
a) If the defendant does not show up, the judge will make a default judgment, that means, Time Warner will pay me $500, plus the $30 court fee.
b) If the defendant send an attorney to the court at the court date, (which is 3 weeks later, the defendant can request a postpone), then the judge will probably make a judgment to the defendant (I lose) since I can not provide evidence that I had the $500 damage. Then I lose the $30 court fee, that is it.
c) The defendant attorney could call me before the court date, try to settle it outside the court, or try to persuade me to withdraw by threatening counter-suing me, (which I know they can't, I did not do anything to cause them damage, suing them does not count).
I am waiting for their call, I am willing to settle outside the court, my request is “CNN fires Jack Cafferty.” Otherwise, I will see you in court.

No matter what, it will cost them a lot of money for the attorney fee.

Why not a class-action lawsuit?
Can anyone provide evidences that you really suffered material damage? Otherwise, you do not have a case.
Besides, all big companies in US have one kind or another lawsuit ongoing, they are not afraid of one or two lawsuits. But, will they defend 1000 or 5000 suits to protect a worth-less employee?
This is why we need to have as many people as possible to file the suit in as many places as possible.

Can we sue Cafferty only?
No, it is very hard for a local court to enforce a judgment against an out-of-state person, many courts will not accept these type of suit. Even the case is accepted, the judge can still dismiss the case, (you will lose your court fee). Even a judgment is made in your favor, you will not be able to collect anything from him.

Can I sue if I am not a US citizen?
Anybody can file the suit. Please do it, this is American experience.

Is there any negative consequence on me if I sue?
If you lose, I will lose the court fee. If you are going to apply a mortgage DURING the suit, you need to disclose it , it may not affect your mortgage application at all. Other than that, no negative effects on you. It will NOT have anything to do with your green card application.

Will it damage the Chinese image by filing so many lawsuits?
I don't know how will other people think. It is a common practice for Americans. If you do not fight the American way, you lose already, what good is your image for?

Sorry, written in a hurry, there might be mis-information.
Thanks to all the friends who responded favorably. Please feel free to post to other sites.
lovedog 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 00:46   只看该作者   #2
tomgod
级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时

注册日期: Jan 2007
帖子: 2,919
积分:6
精华:2
声望: 404694
tomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond repute
默认

这个要顶,不过就是不知道在加拿大能否这么干?如果可行,我准备去跑一趟法院。
有没有懂这方面法律的?对了,我在BC的,有什么特殊法律么?
tomgod 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 01:46   只看该作者   #3
creativeccc
级别:53 | 在线时长:3054小时 | 升级还需:78小时级别:53 | 在线时长:3054小时 | 升级还需:78小时级别:53 | 在线时长:3054小时 | 升级还需:78小时级别:53 | 在线时长:3054小时 | 升级还需:78小时级别:53 | 在线时长:3054小时 | 升级还需:78小时

注册日期: Jan 2005
帖子: 6,231
积分:3
精华:1
声望: 4675986
creativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond reputecreativeccc has a reputation beyond repute
默认

这算“以本伤人”,

如果把CNN给搞怕了,下次就会学乖点

买的没有卖的精
creativeccc 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 03:07   只看该作者   #4
tomgod
级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时级别:28 | 在线时长:945小时 | 升级还需:12小时

帖子: 2,919
积分:6
精华:2
声望: 404694
tomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond reputetomgod has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: creativeccc 查看帖子
这算“以本伤人”,

如果把CNN给搞怕了,下次就会学乖点
没有没有,我只是想‘捐’30刀给法院,或者投资30刀法院,如果运气好的话,能获益300刀,这是正当投资。
tomgod 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 10:07   只看该作者   #5
OMO
级别:6 | 在线时长:66小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:6 | 在线时长:66小时 | 升级还需:11小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 172
声望: 9236262
OMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond reputeOMO has a reputation beyond repute
默认

Good idea! How many people are gonna do it? I will if we could.
OMO 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 10:37   只看该作者   #6
deham
PFC VS UFC
级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时级别:23 | 在线时长:633小时 | 升级还需:39小时

帖子: 500
声望: 5800021
deham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond reputedeham has a reputation beyond repute
默认

这个在加拿大可以操作吗?如果自己没有的生意的行吗?
deham 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 10:50   只看该作者   #7
atm88
资深华疯
级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:39 | 在线时长:1717小时 | 升级还需:43小时

注册日期: Jul 2005
帖子: 1,425
声望: 351542
atm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond reputeatm88 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

use the same rule,那cctv岂不是要把祖宗18代的老本都赔完了?

驱除马列 ─ 恢复中华民族的民族精神
实行民权 ─ 确认中华立国的民主方向
爱我中华 ─ 追求民主中国的繁荣统一
---
拿工资发贴全家死光光
atm88 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 10:58   只看该作者   #8
liosong
不做大哥很多年
级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时

liosong 的头像

住址: 纽约曼哈顿
帖子: 3,611
积分:2
声望: 8487527
liosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: atm88 查看帖子
use the same rule,那cctv岂不是要把祖宗18代的老本都赔完了?
大家都在维护祖国尊严的时候,你整天挑自己国家的毛病,你丫的和法轮功,ZD那些人有什么区别?

鄙视你,滚远点儿,在现实中看到你,肯定揍你!
帅哥 liosong 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:15   只看该作者   #9
goodstart
级别:11 | 在线时长:177小时 | 升级还需:15小时级别:11 | 在线时长:177小时 | 升级还需:15小时级别:11 | 在线时长:177小时 | 升级还需:15小时

帖子: 600
声望: 368863
goodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond reputegoodstart has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: liosong 查看帖子
大家都在维护祖国尊严的时候,你整天挑自己国家的毛病,你丫的和法轮功,ZD那些人有什么区别?

鄙视你,滚远点儿,在现实中看到你,肯定揍你!
你Y现在不死气白赖像太监一样调戏网络女国移了?改行爱国来发泄你一腔淫火了?靠,看到你Y都这么爱国了,我真的担心爱国这个词以后就成贬义词了。
goodstart 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:18   只看该作者   #10
liosong
不做大哥很多年
级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时级别:32 | 在线时长:1200小时 | 升级还需:21小时

liosong 的头像

liosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond reputeliosong has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: goodstart 查看帖子
你Y现在不死气白赖像太监一样调戏网络女国移了?改行爱国来发泄你一腔淫火了?靠,看到你Y都这么爱国了,我真的担心爱国这个词以后就成贬义词了。
兄弟,以前咱们那是人民内部矛盾,小弟得罪您的地方见凉,全是小弟的错。

这儿兄弟我跟汉奸们叫上劲了,泡妞的事儿缓缓再说。
帅哥 liosong 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:24   只看该作者   #11
sunset
级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时

注册日期: Mar 2008
帖子: 106
声望: 3353
sunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond repute
默认 你丫的,自己到现在还不宫干净,

引用:
兄弟,以前咱们那是人民内部矛盾,小弟得罪您的地方见凉,全是小弟的错。

这儿兄弟我跟汉奸们叫上劲了,泡妞的事儿缓缓再说。
还不赶快,把那段, 自宫清爽了!
你还犹豫哈,犹豫!
sunset 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:27   只看该作者   #12
sunset
级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:3 | 在线时长:21小时 | 升级还需:11小时

sunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond reputesunset has a reputation beyond repute
默认 这年月,

太监也泡妞!

腐败!
sunset 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:27   只看该作者   #13
liosong
不做大哥很多年

liosong 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: sunset 查看帖子
还不赶快,把那段, 自宫清爽了!
你还犹豫哈,犹豫!
哥们,又放出来了?

您别这儿搅活了,没看我正跟人叫劲呢么?
帅哥 liosong 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 24th, 2008, 11:33   只看该作者   #14
sunset

默认 这不,赶紧刷呢!

引用:
哥们,又放出来了?

您别这儿搅活了,没看我正跟人叫劲呢么?

怕来晚了,
又被你宫掉了!
sunset 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题