旧 Aug 22nd, 2004, 19:52   只看该作者   #22
maomama
级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 15
声望: 0
maomama is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 请问如何考ESL teacher的licence

(Quote)国内师范大学理科毕业,英语一般,想出去当一名ESL老师,可行么?据说还要上专门学校取得资格才可以,有朋友知道这方面信息的么?多谢了.
maomama 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 22nd, 2004, 23:05   只看该作者   #23
stonepeg

注册日期: Aug 2004
帖子: 21
声望: 10
stonepeg is on a distinguished road
默认 Nothing is impossible

Definitly You can give it a try. If you are a teacher in China, you can try to apply the BED program in Education department of any University(not any University). It is a 8 month program and then you can get a teaching license after you pass the final examination (6 hours) If you can survive from this program and you can pass the interview of Toronto school board, you can find a job as a teacher in Toronto area. My wife is now studying at BED program. It is tough, but she has been doing very well.
stonepeg 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 23rd, 2004, 15:30   只看该作者   #24
gargoo

注册日期: Aug 2004
帖子: 6
gargoo is on a distinguished road
默认 something more

You may apply for this BED program via OUAC and the deadline is Dec 2nd every year. If missed, you will have to wait for another year.
This 8 months program contains two parts: on-campus classes and off-campus practicum; the latter will offer you some teaching experience in schools, which will definitely helps in your later job hunting.
On the other hand, if you have strong teaching background as well good language capability, this program is not mandatory.Before you apply your teaching license via OTC, you have to pass the ontario teacher qualification test and get good standing in TOEFL test.(TWE 5.5, TSE 55).
gargoo 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 23rd, 2004, 16:36   只看该作者   #25
xiaoyangzhao

帖子: 12
xiaoyangzhao is on a distinguished road
默认

引用:
作者: janewu2003
我就是在考虑当Ontario老师的一位,本人在国内是中学老师,4年经验,教英语的。
注意到UOT有一个 one year training courses,大家一起参加吧。明年9月的课程,今年12月1日的Dead line。感觉挺难的,不知道别的College是不是简单些?
大家互勉吧
你能告诉我一些one year programe 的情况吗?如何申请,有什么要求?多谢!e-mail lilyzhaoy2004@yahoo.ca
xiaoyangzhao 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 23rd, 2004, 17:02   只看该作者   #26
Game Player
LEXS
级别:4 | 在线时长:38小时 | 升级还需:7小时级别:4 | 在线时长:38小时 | 升级还需:7小时级别:4 | 在线时长:38小时 | 升级还需:7小时级别:4 | 在线时长:38小时 | 升级还需:7小时

帖子: 234
声望: 14159
Game Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond reputeGame Player has a reputation beyond repute
默认 各位,不要再误导人家了,好不好?!

想想,你们有哪位愿意把你们的小孩送到老师是第一代移民的班下?
我倒觉得努力去成为大中专老师这主意不错,可别想着去做中小学老师,其实你也做不了。
Game Player 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 23rd, 2004, 20:26   只看该作者   #27
tracyd
居委会主任
级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时

住址: 多伦多
帖子: 2,008
精华:1
声望: 948618
tracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond repute
默认 我所知道的

我刚刚来的时候,ESL班有专门功托福的班级,其中也有几个是新移民,他们都托福班的目的是想申请考教师的LICENSE。但是他们都不是中国人。听他们说一定需要取得LICENSE什么的才有可能担任教师。
有一次有一个外国女子带着她的美术作品来班上演示。据说她以前在自己国家是美术教师,她也和其他申请考试的同学一样在努力中。我们的ESL教师说,一般最有可能的是通过考试以后,去学校找代课老师的职位,然后一步一步地踏入教师的行列。在教师行业同其他行业一样加拿大经验亦是至关重要的敲门砖。
tracyd 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 14th, 2004, 13:53   只看该作者   #28
haha4
级别:1 | 在线时长:6小时 | 升级还需:6小时

帖子: 41
haha4 is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

I am in the 8-month teacher education program.
"想想,你们有哪位愿意把你们的小孩送到老师是第一代移民的班下?
我倒觉得努力去成为大中专老师这主意不错,可别想着去做中小学老师,其实你也做不了。"
I know that in this program there are at least 20-30% 第一代移民, but Chinese are less than 2%. 做中小学老师这主意不错, more and more Chinese should try your luck.

This program is 感觉挺难的. 11 courses in two terms plus one practicum each term. But if you work hard, there is no problem for you to pass the courses. The practicum is the hardest one for you need to get your teacher mentor in a high school to evaluate your ability to be a teacher according to your teaching in his/her class.

I heard that one Chinese graduated from this program had found a job in a Secondary School. I am sorry that I can not tell you more about this program for I have not graduated from this program. I am still working hard in order to pass this program. I will update my status once I pass this program.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 14th, 2004, 14:48   只看该作者   #29
与猫作伴的老鼠
级别:2 | 在线时长:12小时 | 升级还需:9小时级别:2 | 在线时长:12小时 | 升级还需:9小时

注册日期: Sep 2004
住址: Calgary
帖子: 70
声望: -8
与猫作伴的老鼠 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
默认

I am interested in the special program for one year to get a teacher licence. So what qualification should I meet? Such as English level, experiences or anything else. Thanks!
与猫作伴的老鼠 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 14th, 2004, 15:41   只看该作者   #30
haha4

默认

Different university has different requirement. TOEFL 237(580), TWE 4.5 is the lowest requirement. Some universities require TOEFL 250(600), TWE 6.0 and also TSE. So if you want to apply for the teacher education program, you may go to website http://www.oct.ca, there is a list of TEACHER EDUCATION AT ONTARIO'S FACULTIES OF EDUCATION. Go to the universtiy website to see the detail requirment. You need go to website http://www.ouac.on.ca/teas/ to apply. Good luck. Deadline is Dec. 1, so hurry up. You could take TOEFL later by telling the university that you will submit the score later. You need transcripts sent from your university also.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 14th, 2004, 15:47   只看该作者   #31
haha4

默认

For experience, if you have teaching experience, it would be easier for you to get the admission. Anything related to coaching and teaching would be fine, such as camp/sports coach, tutor, volunteer in school or trainer etc. The average grade in your university transcript is also important. Some school justs rank the applicants by using the average grade.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 17th, 2004, 19:58   只看该作者   #32
cooler

帖子: 102
声望: 36
cooler is on a distinguished road
默认

引用:
作者: haha4
For experience, if you have teaching experience, it would be easier for you to get the admission. Anything related to coaching and teaching would be fine, such as camp/sports coach, tutor, volunteer in school or trainer etc. The average grade in your university transcript is also important. Some school justs rank the applicants by using the average grade.
mark 一下,我LP也在上,天天2点呀,而且4个实习呀。
cooler 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 18th, 2004, 16:35   只看该作者   #33
haha4

Unhappy

引用:
作者: cooler
mark 一下,我LP也在上,天天2点呀,而且4个实习呀。
I am better, sometimes 12点, 2个实习. I am trying to do my best.
For courses, there is no problem. But for 实习, I am not sure. I have taught 5 lessons so far, the feedback is good. With good preparation, I could teach well. But I know my English is not very good, so I am still worry one day I may fail.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 1st, 2005, 13:58   只看该作者   #34
haha4

默认 Cooler how about your wife? I got an offer, part time Long term occasional teacher

Hi, I survived from the teacher education program and got an offer, part time long term occasional teacher. I registered last September, graduated from the teacher education program (8 months) this April, received the Certificate of Qualification this June and got the offer this August.
Good luck, everyone.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 1st, 2005, 23:42   只看该作者   #35
millermin
越穷越光荣
级别:17 | 在线时长:392小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:17 | 在线时长:392小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:17 | 在线时长:392小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:17 | 在线时长:392小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:17 | 在线时长:392小时 | 升级还需:4小时

住址: ON
帖子: 2,717
积分:34
精华:13
声望: 634569
millermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond reputemillermin has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

祝贺祝贺!有空请谈谈工作的体会。谢谢
millermin 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 2nd, 2005, 00:39   只看该作者   #36
zoobunny
级别:77 | 在线时长:6253小时 | 升级还需:143小时级别:77 | 在线时长:6253小时 | 升级还需:143小时级别:77 | 在线时长:6253小时 | 升级还需:143小时级别:77 | 在线时长:6253小时 | 升级还需:143小时级别:77 | 在线时长:6253小时 | 升级还需:143小时

zoobunny 的头像

注册日期: Apr 2005
帖子: 13,355
积分:48
精华:15
声望: 44748714
zoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond reputezoobunny has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
作者: liszt
最大的可能是教ESL(给新移民的那种)

正规的小学教师,没有可能。除非你没有口音,本地毕业。
这话太绝对。我认识一位,研究生读了一半放弃了去读教师学院,没觉他英语特别的好,但一两年之内就当上了中学老师。教师工资高,PENSION好,还有暑假,美死了。楼主有这份心思,就朝那方面努力吧。
zoobunny 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:39   只看该作者   #37
tracyd
居委会主任
级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时级别:16 | 在线时长:324小时 | 升级还需:33小时

住址: 多伦多
帖子: 2,008
精华:1
声望: 948618
tracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond reputetracyd has a reputation beyond repute
默认

omni2前几天有介绍一位国内过来的移民当上了小学老师, 她是以前在国内教大学英语的. 估计英文要求并不低.好像也花了一段时间才当上的, 但是时间并不是很长, 好像1年左右吧. 可能行还是有的.
tracyd 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 2nd, 2005, 16:42   只看该作者   #38
walker^_^
级别:6 | 在线时长:74小时 | 升级还需:3小时级别:6 | 在线时长:74小时 | 升级还需:3小时

walker^_^ 的头像

帖子: 533
声望: 102907
walker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond reputewalker^_^ has a reputation beyond repute
默认

到ONTARIO TEACHER COLLEGE念一年即可,关键是语言要求高.

只是一个过客,不属于任何地方
walker^_^ 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 6th, 2005, 17:29   只看该作者   #39
haha4

默认 I am teaching Secondary School Science

My teachable subjects are Intermediate/Senior Mathematics and Science. I am the only Asian teacher at that school. I know two immigrants found their full time teacher postions in Missisaga and North York respectively. One is Russian. Another one is from Asia. They just graduated from the teacher education program also. Their teachable subjects are same as mine.
haha4 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 6th, 2005, 23:46   只看该作者   #40
rong170

注册日期: Feb 2005
帖子: 7
rong170 is on a distinguished road
默认

引用:
作者: haha4
My teachable subjects are Intermediate/Senior Mathematics and Science. I am the only Asian teacher at that school. I know two immigrants found their full time teacher postions in Missisaga and North York respectively. One is Russian. Another one is from Asia. They just graduated from the teacher education program also. Their teachable subjects are same as mine.
I have taught High School English in China for 7 years. and then I went to USA and got my master degree in Computer Science. Now I want to be a teacher in Canada like you, but which two subjects can I teach? My bachelor degree is English(in China). Or should I choose Primary/Junior. Thanks a lot!
rong170 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码