返回   华枫论坛 > ◆生活板块◆ > 子女教育

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Mar 9th, 2012, 11:51     #1
rosymerry
级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时

注册日期: Oct 2005
帖子: 1,573
积分:6
精华:1
rosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond repute
默认 ZT:歧视事件的全过程,供白区父母参考

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/znjy/1663828.html
周一去field trip 时感觉孩子受到不公正待遇。在前台投诉被孩子同学听见部分争吵。回家后给负责人写了封信,抄送学校老师,校长及教育局分管小学的领导。信中先描述孩子起了大早的兴奋和盼望,在展厅里的活动。再转到后面的故事,摘抄部分:

After finishing the project that the staff had required, the 18 kids sat on the long bench. They became very excited when the staff put the milk snake around her neck. Kids were eager to ask questions. My daughter was one of them. The staff answered all the kids' questions, even the one sat just beside my daughter, but never looked at my daughter. . My daughter kept raising her hand even though the arm was very tired. She insisted on raising her hand, hoping the staff would allow her to ask the question. One minute, two minutes, three, four...ten....I couldn't bear to look at the sad scene so I approached to the teacher and told her my daughter had been raising her hand for a long time, could she help to let the staff notice. After a while, the staff stood just in front of the teacher. The teacher said there was a student raising her hand...However, before the teacher could finish her words, the staff signaled another student 3 feet away from my daughter to ask a question. The staff paid no attention to the teacher, obviously. It went on and on, everybody noticed my daughter wanted to ask a question except this staff.

When the activity was over, I went to my daughter, what is your question? she said no, I don't have a question. I said "You raised your hand so long and now you tell me you don't have a question?"she said "no!I don't have a question!!!" But her eyes were full of tears.

I waited to be the last one in the room and asked the staff why she did not allow my daughter to ask a question. She pretended to be so surprised and said "oh, I am sorry, I did not see her." There was no sorry in her eyes, only willingly admitted sorry from her mouth.

She did not see, really? When the teacher saw, when other parents saw ( one parent comforted me later saying what I did was understandable and took it easy), the staff was not able to see? Is she blind or is my daughter too dark for the staff to detect?

I apologize being emotional at the front desk. But please tell me which mother, black, white or Asian, can tolerate her own child belittled under so many eyes? When her daughter felt hurt with tears, which mother can say it is Okay, the staff just does not want to answer your question? Under what judgement can the staff ignore a child's question?

I went to the reserve with the teacher's reminder to volunteer mothers deep in heart:
Thanks for agreeing to assist with this field trip. Our schedule is divided into four activities and lunch. You may have to resume the role of the teacher/responsible adult during our activities. I greatly appreciate your time today to enjoy this great resource.

1. While inside the building, your role will be to ensure the students are listening to the presentation, politely raising their hands, and staying on task with the activities. We are representing XX School, so helping make sure students are respectful and well-behaved as learners would be greatly appreciated.

During the session with the staff, I will ask you do make sure the students are being respectful of the staff for listening, following directions, and staying on task. Do NOT be afraid to step in and make sure the students are doing what they need to be doing. .

My daughter is polite, respectful and well-behaved, what did she get in return?......

I strongly feel this staff does not qualify to work with kids. She represents XX center but in a shameful way.

信发出去后,校长立刻给我打了电话,说她会尽快调查这件事,向她的上司汇报,两天之内一定给我回信。

又过了一会,负责人,就是和我在前台争吵的人,回了封信,抄送所有人并加了另一位同校教师,估计和他们经常有联系。

I have spoken with the staff about this incident and we all feel very badly that you and your daughter did not enjoy your time at XXX. We work very hard to educate children about the natural world and to help them see themselves as participants in nature. We have for many years had the pleasure of having XX school visit.

The implication that we would not call on your daughter because of her skin color is incorrect. That attitude would have no place in our program. It would be antithetical to what we trying to accomplish. Many children raise their hands and because of time limitations we cannot call on everyone.

I would be happy to meet with you to talk further about this incident if you feel that would be helpful.
其他您可能会感兴趣的帖子:
rosymerry 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2012, 12:03   只看该作者   #2
rosymerry
级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时级别:20 | 在线时长:521小时 | 升级还需:4小时

声望: 100569444
rosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond reputerosymerry has a reputation beyond repute
默认

大家的孩子在白区吗?俺家老大在的班比较白,到是比以前移民多一点的学校好多了。
rosymerry 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 9th, 2012, 12:37   只看该作者   #3
rosymerry

默认

引用:
作者: rosymerry 查看帖子
大家的孩子在白区吗?俺家老大在的班比较白,到是比以前移民多一点的学校好多了。
今天有点心不安。老大下课后直接坐下车去同学家庆生,明天才回来。那一群跳皮导弹的孩子,可别弄出啥事来。
rosymerry 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 9th, 2012, 03:04   只看该作者   #4
生活如茶
级别:1 | 在线时长:7小时 | 升级还需:5小时

生活如茶 的头像

注册日期: May 2007
帖子: 21
声望: 0
生活如茶 is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

谢谢分享

为啥这里没有人讨论这个问题呢?

我先说说我的两个经历:

一个是我女儿老大的经历: 上社区游泳课,大概一个班6-7个学生,大家按顺序游, 由于我女儿游的比较快,很快要追上前面的那个女孩,这时你就能看到前面的那个女孩(白人女孩)不停的回头看, 找机会故意使坏用脚一下把我女儿给揣到水里, 这种情形发生了至少3次,白人老师看的一清二处, 就是不管, 泳池边上几乎所有的家长也都看到了, 可是没人知声。当时,看的我这个来气, 差一点儿就冲过去,上升到种族歧视的高度上去。 可还是忍住了。 过了一会, 我觉的是我女儿自己认识到了, 不知道啥时候,她自己后面的白人男孩调了位置, 白人男孩游的也快, 很快也要追上那个女孩,同样的事情也发生了, 这个小男孩同样也被故意(非常故意使坏那种哈)揣了2次, 老师也同样视而不见。 家长也都跟没发生一样。 这时,我的气也消了, 想想,社会上啥人都有, 让女儿自己去体会吧。话又说回来,如果中间我发脾气冲过去 ‘保护女儿’,也就没有后来的小男孩的情形, 问题就有可能上升的种族的高度了。

另外一个经历, 我老二儿子上类似Kinder Gym课(4-5岁组), 8-10个孩子按顺序完成不同的项目, 家长都在边上看着,老师是白人女青年, 嘿,这个老师帮助所有的孩子完成动作, 就不帮我儿子, 每次轮到我儿子的时候,她总是躲开去帮助别人, 当时看的我这个气呀, 几次差点冲过去和他理论, 心理非常的生气, 脑子里想回头去找这个老师的上级领导告壮去等等。当时但还是忍住了。

后来,轮到我老三女儿上了(2-3岁组),她比较小, 当时应该刚2岁,同一个老师,这时这个老师就特别照顾我女儿, 给了很多attention给她。 我的气也就消了, 想想,不理我儿子的原因可能是因为儿子动作完成比较好,不需要帮忙,老师把时间给更需要帮住的孩子了。 不过话又说回来, 如果没有我们家老三后来上课的话, 我还真跟lz转贴里的父母一样的感觉。也有可能去找上级领导理论哈。

总结一下, 老大女儿目前上二年级了,感觉从学校到社会,从孩子的角度来看, 能让孩子感受的的歧视应该是很少的。 同样,我们也不要去歧视啥印度人, 黑人等。每个种族里都是,林子大了,啥鸟都有。
生活如茶 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
共 2 位会员
感谢 生活如茶 发表的文章:
walkway (Apr 10th, 2012), 温柔乡 (Apr 9th, 2012)
旧 Apr 10th, 2012, 12:25   只看该作者   #5
xyzok
级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:18 | 在线时长:421小时 | 升级还需:16小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 3,719
积分:35
精华:10
声望: 2330163
xyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond reputexyzok has a reputation beyond repute
默认

这情况我女儿在中国游泳的时候也发生过,还以为只会在天朝发生呢,恶性竞争嘛,还是哪里都有。

引用:
作者: 生活如茶 查看帖子
我先说说我的两个经历:

一个是我女儿老大的经历: 上社区游泳课,大概一个班6-7个学生,大家按顺序游, 由于我女儿游的比较快,很快要追上前面的那个女孩,这时你就能看到前面的那个女孩(白人女孩)不停的回头看, 找机会故意使坏用脚一下把我女儿给...
xyzok 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 10th, 2012, 12:33   只看该作者   #6
Pucca普卡
级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时级别:66 | 在线时长:4659小时 | 升级还需:98小时

Pucca普卡 的头像

帖子: 15,055
积分:5
精华:2
声望: 565928
Pucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond reputePucca普卡 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

引用:
谢谢分享

为啥这里没有人讨论这个问题呢?

我先说说我的两个经历:

一个是我女儿老大的经历: 上社区游泳课,大概一个班6-7个学生,大家按顺序游, 由于我女儿游的比较快,很快要追上前面的那个女孩,这时你就能看到前面的那个女孩(白人女孩)不停的回头看, 找机会故意使坏用脚一下把我女儿给...
你的例子很好。
我觉得很多时候国人是不是太过敏感的,凡是有不公平待遇都往种族歧视上扯。就我自己在这生活十几年的经历来说,几乎没被歧视过 ,也许被stereotype过,但那跟种族歧视是很不一样的
美女 Pucca普卡 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 12th, 2012, 05:46   只看该作者   #7
rosymerry

默认

引用:
谢谢分享

为啥这里没有人讨论这个问题呢?

我先说说我的两个经历:

也谢谢你感兴趣,俺家老大说,学校里是禁止说啥颜色的,但孩子有时会受到家长的影响。他们学校有一个一二年级的孩子,因为高年级的孩子不带他玩,对一个其他族的混血儿脱口而出:go back China. 这个孩子还是班上的好学生呢
rosymerry 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 9th, 2012, 10:51   只看该作者   #8
xihai
级别:5 | 在线时长:57小时 | 升级还需:3小时

帖子: 77
声望: 0
xihai is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

用成年人的思维去理解小屁孩的行为,纠结的新老移民。
xihai 当前离线