返回   华枫论坛 > ◆生活板块◆ > 移民 探亲 团聚 入籍 签证

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Nov 8th, 2012, 17:48     #1
byfinancing
投资经纪人: 专业保险经纪
级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时

注册日期: Jan 2007
住址: Calgary
帖子: 628
byfinancing is an unknown quantity at this point
默认 [转贴] 探亲保险 Q&A

1. What amount of insurance benefit should I purchase?

We recommend at least $50,000 of medical insurance coverage as hospital costs for visitors to Canada can run up to $2,500.00 per day.

2. When should I purchase visitors to Canada travel medical insurance?

You can purchase medical coverage at any time. We recommend that visitors insurance should be purchased prior to arrival to Canada. If the effective date is after the arrival date, most of the insurance companies do not cover expenses within 24 hours up to 8 days as a result of sickness occurring immediately following your policy effective date. Injury coverage is effective immediately.

3. What is a Deductible?

This represents the amount of eligible medical expenses that must be paid by the insured before the insurance company begins to reimburse for covered expenses. As an example, if you purchase a plan with a $50 deductible and incur $200 of expenses, the insurance company will begin to reimburse for expenses after you have paid the first $50 of your medical bills.
There are two different kinds of deductibles, per-claim and per-policy period. A per claim deductible means that the insured must pay a new deductible for each separate incident. (Example: pay the deductible once for a broken leg and then a second time for a flu treatment). A per-policy period deductible means that the insured must pay the deductible only once during the period of the insurance policy. If your plan has a $100 deductible, you pay the first $100 of the expenses and then the insurance company picks up the rest. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium cost and vice versa.

4. What is a Pre-existing Condition?

Generally, pre-existing conditions are defined as any sickness, injury or medical condition for which the insured consulted a physician, has symptoms, has been hospitalized or was prescribed medications within a certain period before the effective date of coverage. Each insurance company treats pre-existing conditions differently and this is a major reason for declined medical claims. The look back period may vary from 3 months to a life time. Please, read the exclusion section in the insurance policy booklet for exact definition.
There are certain visitors insurance plans in which coverage for stable pre-existing conditions is possible.

5. Can I buy visitors to Canada insurance, if I have a pre-existing medical condition?

Yes. If you choose a policy that excludes pre-existing conditions, you will be covered for new sicknesses and injuries.

亚省专业保险经纪:探亲、生命、大病、伤残; RRSP、RESP;
www.banyanFS.com; 403-828-6689;
byfinancing 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Nov 19th, 2012, 13:27   只看该作者   #2
byfinancing
投资经纪人: 专业保险经纪
级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时级别:12 | 在线时长:192小时 | 升级还需:29小时

注册日期: Jan 2007
住址: Calgary
帖子: 628
声望: 0
byfinancing is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

6. Can I cover a pre-existing condition with a Visitors to Canada insurance policy?

Some insurance companies cover people if their medical conditions is under control and stable for certain period (3 to 6 months) before travel. Be aware that a simple change in medication can mean that the medical condition is not considered "stable". Policy definitions are critical and the rules vary depending on the age of the policy-holder. It is up to each policy holder to make sure they qualify. Some insurance companies are able to underwrite and give individual quotes for people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Even policies that include pre-existing conditions do not reimburse expenses to maintain the condition, but complications that require medical attention, hospitalization or death from that pre-existing condition are covered.
Be honest and disclose all details for your pre-existing medical condition. If you have a $50,000 claim after suffering a heart attach in Canada, the insurance company will likely check into your medical history.

7. Is there any medical test required before we can buy Visitors Insurance?

No, there is no medical examination required for purchasing any Visitors Insurance plan.

8. My parents will stay in Canada for 1 year. Can I pay per month for their Visitors Insurance?

Yes, you can. But be careful about if it is considered "extension", "re-issue" or “new” from the insurance companies.
The disadvantage is that if they have a medical claim during the month before, this will be considered pre-existing medical condition.

9. Is it possible to extend a Visitors Insurance policy term?

Most Visitors Insurance policies can be extended. But be careful again about if it is considered "extension", "re-issue" or “new” from the insurance companies.
Just call us or your insurance company prior to the expiration of the policy. The insured person must be in good health and not have any pending medical claims.

10. Can I cancel an insurance policy and receive a refund?

Most plans can be cancelled and the premium can be refunded before the effective date of the policy. Some administrative charges may apply. Partial refunds (less cancellation fee) after the effective date, are available if the policy is terminated because of early departure to the country of origin or the insured become eligible for a provincial or territorial government plan, and no claim has been incurred.
byfinancing 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码