旧 Apr 14th, 2005, 11:57     #1
Cool_China
级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

Cool_China 的头像

注册日期: Apr 2005
帖子: 520
Cool_China will become famous soon enough
默认 The language of flowers

When sending flowers to someone, the infamous marketing slogan “say it with flowers” hits the nail on the proverbial head. Since the beginning of time, the language of flowers has been used to express a multitude of human emotions, everything from love and hate, to sympathy and congratulations.

In fact, this special ‘floral’ language reached its climax in Victorian England when ‘flower readers’ were in demand because of their knowledge and ability to interpret the meanings of flower bouquets.

In more recent times floral arrangements satisfy the quest for individuality among today’s consumers. With the hundreds of colours, shapes and sizes to choose from, the art of giving can be customized in a number of special ways.

When sending a floral arrangement, it is always best to first consider the preferences of the person who is on the receiving end. For example, flowering or green plants, meadow flowers and woodsy accents suit people who are casual, earthy and like the great outdoors.

Bouquets of soft colours and light fragrances with accents of lace and ribbon are well suited to more the more reserved, highly sensitive and romantic types.

Bolder arrangements are suitable to more gregarious personalities and unconventional types are attracted to exotic flowers and unusual combinations.

If you’re on the receiving end, get the most longevity from your arrangements by following a few steps;

check your arrangement daily to make sure it has plenty of clear, fresh water. When more water is needed make sure it is lukewarm or room temperature.
for best results, use floral preservative by mixing it with room temperature water. Floral foam can also be used, but make sure it is always thoroughly saturated.
display your arrangement in a cool location, always out of direct sunlight and away from electrical appliances. Avoid extreme heat or cold.
when rearranging flowers, re-cut the stem ends under water using a sharp knife or scissors. Then, insert each flower back into the arrangement. If floral foam is used, be sure to insert the stems firmly and deeply.
Remember, you can say a million different things in a million different ways, with flowers, and in some cases, colours really do play a role. Here is a list of some of the more common flowers used in everyday floral arrangements and their signification.

ACACIA
Concealed Love, Beauty in Retirement, Chaste Love

AMARYLLIS
Pride, Pastoral Poetry

CARNATION (Pink, Red, White)
Love and Admiration, Positive, Optimistic, You're a Wonderful Friend, Cheerfulness and Rest.

CARNATION (Striped, Yellow)
No, Refusal, Sorry I Can't Be With You, Wish I Could Be With You, You Have Disappointed Me, Rejection

DAFFODIL
Regard, Unrequited Love, You're the Only One, The Sun is Always Shining When I'm with You

DAISY
Innocence, Loyal Love, I'll Never Tell, Purity

HYACINTH (Blue, Red, Pink)
Constancy, Play, Togetherness and Fun

HYACINTH (Purple, Yellow)
I am Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Sorrow, Jealousy

HYACINTH (White)
Loveliness, I'll Pray for You

IVY
Wedded Love, Fidelity, Friendship, Affection

LILY (White)
Virginity, Purity, Majesty, It's Heavenly to be with You

LILY (Yellow)
Happiness, Head over Heels in Love, Gaiety

LILY OF THE VALLEY
Sweetness, Tears of the Virgin Mary, Return to Happiness, Humility, You've Made My Life Complete

ORCHID
Love, Beauty, Refinement, Beautiful Lady, Chinese Symbol for Many Children

ROSE (Dark Crimson)
Mourning

ROSE (Red, Pink)
Happy, In Love, Hope and Trust, Love at First Sight

ROSE (White)
Innocence and Purity, I am Worthy of You, You're Heavenly, Secrecy and Silence

ROSE (White and Red Mixed)
Unity, Flower Emblem of England, Togetherness, Everlasting Love

ROSE (Yellow)
Decrease of Love, Jealousy, Unrequited Love

SWEETPEA
Good-bye, Departure, Blissful Pleasure, Thank You for a Lovely Time

TULIP (Red, Yellow)
Believe Me, Declaration of Love, Beauty, Flower Emblem of Holland

VIOLET (Blue)
Watchfulness, Faithfulness, I'll Always Be True, Modesty

VIOLET (White)
Let's Take a Chance

ZINNIA (Magenta)
Lasting Affection

ZINNIA (Mixed Colours)
Thinking of You, In Memory of an Absent Friend

ZINNIA (Scarlet)
Constancy

ZINNIA (White)
Goodness

ZINNIA (Yellow)
Daily Remembrance

Written By: Ann Zaza
Cool_China 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 14th, 2005, 12:23   只看该作者   #2
smilingjz
级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时级别:23 | 在线时长:662小时 | 升级还需:10小时

注册日期: Jul 2004
帖子: 640
声望: 8538
smilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond reputesmilingjz has a reputation beyond repute
默认

Beneficial. Thanks.

BTW, it seems to be a "ZT"?
smilingjz 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码