返回   华枫论坛 > ◆ 工作学习◆ > 工作求职

发表新主题 回复
置顶的主题  
只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:30     #1
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒
级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时

hardywang 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Kilimanjaro
帖子: 9,428
积分:24
精华:16
hardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond repute
发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认 【转帖】面試 Behavior Questions 總結

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158267

1.Tell me about yourself.

What the hiring manager really wants is a quick, two- to three-minute snapshot of who you are and why you’re the best candidate for this position.
So as you answer this question, talk about what you’ve done to prepare yourself to be the very best candidate for the position. Use an example or two to back it up. Then ask if they would like more details. If they do, keep giving them example after example of your background and experience. Always point back to an example when you have the opportunity.
“Tell me about yourself” does not mean tell me everything. Just tell me what makes you the best.

sample answer:

I have been working in the field of civil engineering for the past 6 years. My most recent experience has been with an engineering consulting firm where I’ve worked for the last 2 years. I enjoy my job because it’s challenging and I like interacting with a variety of people. In my most recent assignment I was on a project that lasted nine months. I made a significant contribution to the project because of my expertise in sanitary engineering. One of my strengths is my attention to detail. I am known for being extremely thorough and meeting or exceeding deadlines and goals. My boss knows that I work well under minimal supervision, that I am very conscientious and that the job will be done right the first time. I’m looking for a new opportunity where I can contribute to the growth of the company by helping educate customers on the benefits of using our consulting services.

My background to date has been centered on preparing myself to become the very best _____ I can become. Let me tell you specifically how I've prepared myself...

Tell about your major, what you plan on doing when you get out of college, what other jobs you have had.
Answer in about two minutes. Avoid details, don’t ramble. Touch on these four areas:
How many years, doing what function
Education – credentials
Major responsibility and accomplishments
Personal summary of work style (plus career goals if applicable)

2.Did you bring your resume?

Yes. Be prepared with two or three extra copies. Do not offer them unless you’re asked for one.

3.What is your long-range objective?
The key is to focus on your achievable objectives and what you are doing to reach those objectives.

For example: “Within five years, I would like to become the very best accountant your company has on staff. I want to work toward becoming the expert that others rely upon. And in doing so, I feel I’ll be fully prepared to take on any greater responsibilities which might be presented in the long term. For example, here is what I’m presently doing to prepare myself . . .”

Then go on to show by your examples what you are doing to reach your goals and objectives.

Although it's certainly difficult to predict things far into the future, I know what direction I want to develop toward. Within five years, I would like to become the very best _____ your company has. I would like to become the expert that others rely upon. And in doing so, I feel I will be fully prepared to take on any greater responsibilities that might be presented in the long term.

4.Are you a team player?
Describe what would be an ideal working environment?

Team work is the key.
Almost everyone says yes to this question. But it is not just a yes/no question. You need to provide behavioral examples to back up your answer.
A sample answer: “Yes, I’m very much a team player. In fact, I’ve had opportunities in my work, school and athletics to develop my skills as a team player. For example, on a recent project . . .”

Emphasize teamwork behavioral examples and focus on your openness to diversity of backgrounds. Talk about the strength of the team above the individual. And note that this question may be used as a lead in to questions around how you handle conflict within a team, so be prepared
You are, of course, a team player. Be sure to have examples ready. Specifics that show you often perform for the good of the team rather than for yourself are good evidence of your team attitude. Do not brag, just say it in a matter-of-fact tone. This is a key point.

5.What is your greatest weakness?

Most career books tell you to select strength and present it as a weakness. Such as: “I work too much. I just work and work and work.” Wrong. First of all, using strength and presenting it as a weakness is deceiving. Second, it misses the point of the question.

You should select a weakness that you have been actively working to overcome. For example: “I have had trouble in the past with planning and prioritization. However, I’m now taking steps to correct this. I just started using a pocket planner . . .” then show them your planner and how you are using it.

Talk about a true weakness and show what you are doing to overcome it.
I would say my greatest weakness has been my lack of proper planning in the past. I would overcommit myself with too many variant tasks, then not be able to fully accomplish each as I would like. However, since I've come to recognize that weakness, I've taken steps to correct it. For example, I now carry a planning calendar in my pocket so that I can plan all of my appointments and "to do" items. Here, let me show you how I have this week planned out...
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
共 3 位会员
感谢 hardywang 发表的文章:
catica (May 5th, 2009), 飄在一隅 (Jun 5th, 2010), sunjack (Sep 10th, 2008)
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:31   只看该作者   #2
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒
级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时级别:97 | 在线时长:9894小时 | 升级还需:102小时

hardywang 的头像

声望: 7498223
hardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond reputehardywang has a reputation beyond repute
发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158270

6.What is your greatest strength?

Numerous answers are good, just stay positive. A few good examples: Your ability to prioritize, Your problem-solving skills, Your ability to work under pressure, Your ability to focus on projects, Your professional expertise, Your leadership skills, Your positive attitude.

You know that your key strategy is to first uncover your interviewer's greatest wants and needs before you answer questions. And from Question 1, you know how to do this.

Prior to any interview, you should have a list mentally prepared of your greatest strengths. You should also have, a specific example or two, which illustrates each strength, an example chosen from your most recent and most impressive achievements.

You should, have this list of your greatest strengths and corresponding examples from your achievements so well committed to memory that you can recite them cold after being shaken awake at 2:30AM.

Then, once you uncover your interviewer's greatest wants and needs, you can choose those achievements from your list that best match up.

As a general guideline, the 10 most desirable traits that all employers love to see in their employees are:
1. A proven track record as an achiever...especially if your achievements match up with the employer's greatest wants and needs.
2. Intelligence...management "savvy".
3. Honesty...integrity...a decent human being.
4. Good fit with corporate culture...someone to feel comfortable with...a team player who meshes well with interviewer's team.
5. Likeability...positive attitude...sense of humor.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Dedication...willingness to walk the extra mile to achieve excellence.
8. Definiteness of purpose...clear goals.
9. Enthusiasm...high level of motivation.
10. Confident...healthy...a leader.

7.If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?

Focus on a key turning point in your life or missed opportunity. Yet also tie it forward to what you are doing to still seek to make that change.

For example: “Although I’m overall very happy with where I’m at in my life, the one aspect I likely would have changed would be focusing earlier on my chosen career. I had a great internship this past year and look forward to more experience in the field. I simply wish I would have focused here earlier. For example, I learned on my recent internship…” …then provide examples.

Stay focused on positive direction in your life and back it up with examples.

8.How did you prepare for this interview?

When I found this position posted on the internet (monster.com) I was immediately interested. I checked out the company website and mission statement, looked at the bios of company founders and executives, and was impressed. Once I had the interview appointment, I talked with friends and acquaintances in the industry. And, I’m sure I’ll find out a lot more in today’s meetings.”

9.What kinds of people do you have difficulties working with?

In my last three jobs I have worked with men and women from very diverse backgrounds and cultures. The only time I had difficulty was with people who were dishonest about work issues. I worked with one woman who was taking credit for work that her team accomplished. I had an opportunity to talk with her one day and explained how she was affecting the morale. She became very upset that others saw her that way, and said she was unaware of her behavior or the reactions of others. Her behavior changed after our talk. What I learned from that experience is that sometimes what we perceive about others is not always the case if we check it out.

10.How do you handle conflict? (How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?)

On the job, there are many possible sources of conflict. Conflicts with: fellow employees management rules, procedures clients, customers demands of work vs. personal life, family The best way to approach a good answer is to look at if from the employers point of view—they want to be your first priority and they want you to solve problems (not bring them any). “I know everything cannot run smoothly at work all the time. When there is a conflict I usually try to determine the source of the problem and see if it can be solved. This might involve other members of the work team discussing the problem and offering possible solutions. I would then try to pick the solution which appears to have the best outcome and put it into action.” A natural follow-up to this would be: Tell me when you solved a conflict at work. So, have a brief example… a short story… to illustrate your approach. Even if not asked, you can offer your story! If it proves your point and accentuates a skill needed for the position, go with it.

I believe I am quite good at handling conflict. Working in retail and in the residence halls required that I make many unpopular decisions at times, whether it was terminating an associate or taking judicial action on a resident. Often the person in conflict with me would be upset and sometimes physically outraged. I would always make sure that I fully explained the situation, the policies behind my decision, and why those policies exist. Usually by the end of the conversation, the person could see the other side of the situation.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:32   只看该作者   #3
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158271

11. How do you handle rejection?

Rejection is part of business. People don’t always buy what you sell. The tick here is to separate rejection of your product from rejection of yourself: “I see rejection as an opportunity. I learn from it. When a customer takes a pass, I ask him what we could do to the product, price or service to make it possible for him to say yes. Don’t get me wrong: You’ve got to makes sales. But rejection is valuable, too. It’s a good teacher.”

12.Tell me about a time when you tried and failed?

Has this ever happened to you? No one expects perfection actually, employers are more interested in your ability to cope, to learn from mistakes, and to deal with others who are less than perfect. If you have an example, certainly pick one that happened a while back, was not earth shattering in the results, and one which you learned and applied this knowledge recently. This is a version of ‘damning with faint praise’ by picking an incident that was minor in scope but, since you are so wise and are always willing to learn, has taught you a valuable lesson.

13.What are some of the things you find difficult to do?
The interviewer is looking to determine how well you know yourself, how you react to difficult situations/tasks and credibility. Look back over your work experience for examples of challenges… speaking in public at a meeting, disagreeing with a manager over an important issue, being asked to use a software program you have not had an opportunity to learn… These ’stories’ should illustrate a lesson learned, a problem overcome or a weakness being dealt with. “I always seem to need a day or two to prepare myself to give a presentation to department heads. When I know I have to give a report on my projects, I plan out all the details in advance and rehearse. One time, there was a problem with a supplier and I was asked to update senior management… immediately. The supply chain was crucial to the completion of an important project we had been working on for 5 months and decisions had to be made based on the information I had to prepare and present on a moment’s notice. I gathered the information and presented it simply and in detail. It was much easier than I thought without the hours of concern and practice. The facts spoke for themselves. Since I understood the situation, I was able to make it clear to management and get a rapid decision. I still prefer advance notice but I know I can deliver when asked to.”

14.What are your short and long term goals?

No one can make goals for you. It comes down to where you are in your professional life and what you want to do. Most people have 5-6 careers in their working lifetime—some with 2 careers going at the same time (like us). The best advice is to be certain to relate your answers to the organization that interviews you. Do not make a point of having goals that cannot be realized there (”I want to work in Paris.” Organization is strictly domestic.) If you do your research into the organization, and into what you truly want to do in the future, you will be able to come up with reasonable responses. No one is going to come back to you in five years and chastise you for not meeting these goals! You will not be held to them… it is only an interview and they are interested in how you see yourself (and they want to see you in the job.)

My primary objectives are to learn as much as possible about your company's product offering, organizational structure, and professional sales techniques so that I may become the most productive member of your sales team.

What are your short-term goals?

Many executives in a position to hire you are strong believers in goal-setting. (It's one of the reasons they've achieved so much.) They like to hire in kind.
If you're vague about your career and personal goals, it could be a big turnoff to many people you will encounter in your job search.
Be ready to discuss your goals for each major area of your life: career, personal development and learning, family, physical (health), community service, and (if your interviewer is clearly a religious person) you could very briefly and generally allude to your spiritual goals (showing you are a well-balanced individual with your values in the right order).
Be prepared to describe each goal in terms of specific milestones you wish to accomplish along the way, time periods you're allotting.

My short-term objectives are to graduate from the Professional Development Program before the standard two years and begin developing a clientele. As an intern, I prepared ahead of time by studying for the Series 7 and Series 64 exams that constitute a majority of a beginning financial consultant's time. I'd like to make make the company that hires me wonder what it ever did without me.

15.Where do you see yourself in five years?

This is the interviewer trying to see how you are in making long range plans and if you have goals that mesh with the organizations. One way to answer this question is to look back on your accomplishments to date: “I started out in my profession as a junior clerk while I completed my college studies during the evenings. Once I had my degree, I applied for a transfer to a more advanced position, citing my on-the-job training. This has been my pattern for my career with my past 2 employers. I learn quickly on the job and am willing to take classes and workshops to augment my experience. I have been able to assume greater responsibilities and add more value to the organization. I do not think in terms of titles… I think more in terms of “How can I solve this problem? Since this has been my career style to date, I do not imagine it to change. In five years, I feel I will have continued to learn, to grow into a position of more responsibility and will have made a significant contribution to the organization.”

Although it is hard to predict the future, I sincerely believe that I will become a very good financial consultant. I believe that my abilities will allow me to excel to the point that I can seek other opportunities as a portfolio manager (the next step) and possibly even higher. My ultimate goal continues to be -- and will always be -- to be the best at whatever level I am working at within Merrill Lynch's corporate structure.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:33   只看该作者   #4
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158275

16.Where do you want to become ten years from now?

Ten years from now I see myself as a successful consultant for a world-class firm like yours. I want to have developed a wonderful bond with my employer I will have proven myself a highly competent systems analyst and will represent my company in helping others find solutions to their information-systems needs in a professional and timely manner.

17.Would you rather work with information or with people?

I like the validity of information and also like the energy that comes with working with people. The best thing about working in a group is combining the great minds from different perspectives and coming up with something extremely great, compared with when you're working alone. At the same time, information can generate vitality in the project you're working on. No matter how many heads you've got together, without information, you can't go very far. The perfect situation would be a combination of working with information and people, and I'm confident of my abilities in both areas.

18.Do you have the qualifications and personal characteristics necessary for success in your chosen career?

I believe I have a combination of qualities to be successful in this career. First, I have a strong interest, backed by a solid, well-rounded, state-of-the-art education, especially in a career that is technically oriented. This basic ingredient, backed by love of learning, problem-solving skills, well-rounded interests, determination to succeed and excel, strong communication skills, and the ability to work hard, are the most important qualities that will help me succeed in this career. To succeed, you also need a natural curiosity about how systems work -- the kind of curiosity I demonstrated when I upgraded my two computers recently. Technology is constantly changing, so you must a fast learner just to keep up or you will be overwhelmed. All of these traits combine to create a solid team member in the ever-changing field of information systems. I am convinced that I possess these characteristics and am ready to be a successful team member for your firm.

19.What are your weak points?

Don’t say you have one, but give one that is really a “positive in disguise.” I am sometimes impatient and do to much work myself when we are working against tight deadlines.” Or “I compliment and praise my staff, but feel I can improve.”

20.What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or on the job?

My greatest weakness had been delegation. I would take it upon myself to do many small projects throughout my shift as a manager that could have been done by others in an attempt to improve my workers' efficiency. Once I realized that I was doing more work than the other assistant managers, and they were achieving better results, I reevaluated what I was doing. I quickly realized that if I assigned each person just one small project at the beginning of their shift, clearly state expectations for the project, and then follow up that everything would get done, and I could manage much more efficiently and actually accomplish much more.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:34   只看该作者   #5
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158276

21.How has your education prepared you for your career?

This is a broad question and you need to focus on the behavioral examples in your educational background which specifically align to the required competencies for the career.

An example: “My education has focused on not only the learning the fundamentals, but also on the practical application of the information learned within those classes. For example, I played a lead role in a class project where we gathered and analyzed best practice data from this industry. Let me tell you more about the results . . .”

Focus on behavioral examples supporting the key competencies for the career. Then ask if they would like to hear more examples.

As you will note on my resume, I've taken not only the required core classes in the _____ field, I've also gone above and beyond. I've taken every class the college has to offer in the field and also completed an independent study project specifically in this area. But it's not just taking the classes to gain academic knowledge I've taken each class, both inside and outside of my major, with this profession in mind. So when we're studying _____ in _____, I've viewed it from the perspective of _____. In addition, I've always tried to keep a practical view of how the information would apply to my job. Not just theory, but how it would actually apply. My capstone course project in my final semester involved developing a real-world model of _____, which is very similar to what might be used within your company...

22.Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?

Note that if you say no, most interviewers will keep drilling deeper to find a conflict. The key is how you behaviorally reacted to conflict and what you did to resolve it.

For example: “Yes, I have had conflicts in the past. Never major ones, but there have been disagreements that needed to be resolved. I've found that when conflict occurs, it helps to fully understand the other person’s perspective, so I take time to listen to their point of view, and then I seek to work out a collaborative solution. For example . . .”

Focus your answer on the behavioral process for resolving the conflict and working collaboratively.

23.If I were to ask your professors to describe you, what would they say?

This is a threat of reference check question. Do not wait for the interview to know the answer. Ask any prior bosses or professors in advance. And if they’re willing to provide a positive reference, ask them for a letter of recommendation.

Then you can answer the question like this:
“I believe she would say I'm a very energetic person, that I’m results oriented and one of the best people she has ever worked with. Actually, I know she would say that, because those are her very words. May I show you her letter of recommendation?”

So be prepared in advance with your letters of recommendation.

24.Tell me about a time when you had to plan and coordinate a project from start to finish.

I headed up a project which involved customer service personnel and technicians. I organized a meeting to get everyone together to brainstorm and get his or her input. From this meeting I drew up a plan, taking the best of the ideas. I organized teams, balancing the mixture of technical and non-technical people. We had a deadline to meet, so I did periodic checks with the teams. After three weeks, we were exceeding expectations, and were able to begin implementation of the plan. It was a great team effort, and a big success. I was commended by management for my leadership, but I was most proud of the team spirit and cooperation which it took to pull it off.

25.Describe a situation where others you were working with on a project disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?

I was on a project team in a business class in my freshman year in college, The group brainstormed ideas for the video we were assigned to produce, and everyone but me was leaning toward an idea that would be easy. I suggested instead an idea that would be more difficult but would be something different that no other group would be doing. I used my communications skills to persuade the rest of the group to use my idea. During the project, we really learned what teamwork was all about, became a close team, and ended up putting a lot of hard work into the project. All the team members ended up feeling very proud of the video, and they thanked me for the idea -- for which we earned an A.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:34   只看该作者   #6
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158277

26.Why did you choose to attend your college?

My college has always had a reputation as having an excellent accounting department, so I knew that if I enrolled there, I would achieve first-class preparation for my chosen career field. It is also a highly accredited school known for satisfying employers with the preparation of its graduates -- that's why companies like yours recruit at my school -- the school produces top graduates. The school offers an excellent liberal-arts background, which research shows equips graduates with numerous qualities, such as versatility and strong critical-thinking skills. Finally, having visited the campus before enrolling, I knew that the business school emphasized group projects. During my four years in the school, I participated in more than 35 group projects, which taught me invaluable teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.

27.What changes would you make at your college?

My major department had a wonderful internship program, and I was able to complete three valuable internships with my department's guidance. Some other departments in the business school don't have internship programs that are as strong as my department's. I'd like to see all the departments have strong internship programs so all my school's business grads would have the same opportunities that I had.

28.How will the academic program and coursework you've taken benefit your career?

As you will note on my resume, I've taken not only the required core classes for the finance field, I've also gone above and beyond by double majoring in accounting. I doubled majored since I knew that the financial consulting field requires much knowledge of portfolio analysis and understanding of the tax laws. I believe that my success in both areas of study have specifically prepared me for this area. But it's not just taking the classes in these two areas that allow me to offer Merrill Lynch clients more. I minored in Spanish to understand the growing Hispanic clientele in the Central Florida area, which as you are well aware, is a growing source of revenue for the industry. If you like, I can elaborate on other aspects of my education further.

29.What were your favorite classes? Why?

My favorite classes have been the ones pertaining to my major, which is marketing. These classes have laid the groundwork for my career in marketing. They have also taught me skills that I can bring to my employer, ranging from communication skills to interacting with others.

30. Do you enjoy doing independent research?
Are you the type of student for whom conducting independent research has been a positive experience?

Yes, I love it. I thoroughly enjoyed my senior research in college while many others in my class were miserable. I was never tired of learning more about my topic and found it exhilarating to be researching something that had not been studied before.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:35   只看该作者   #7
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158279

31.Who were your favorite professors? Why? Describe the type of professor that has created the most beneficial learning experience for you.

My favorite professors were the ones who gave me hands-on learning experiences that I can apply to my career. Any person can make you memorize the quadratic equation, but someone who can show you how to use it, and why, were the professors I liked. I liked teachers who realized that sometimes there is more then one answer and everyone thinks differently.

32.Why is your GPA not higher? Do you think that your grades are a indication of your academic achievement?

I have focused much of my energy on work and obtaining real-world experience. I commend my classmates who have earned high GPAs, but I also feel it's important to be well-rounded. In addition to work experience, I participated in sports and extracurricular activities in school. These activities taught me leadership, communication, and teamwork skills. Sometimes my heavy load has not allowed me to keep up with some of my studies, but I have learned an enormous amount that I can apply in my future industry. As you will discover if you talk to my supervisors, my ability to work effectively is much more reflective of my future potential than is my GPA.

33.Do you have any plans for further education? What plans do you have for continued study? An advanced degree?

I plan to continue my education for the rest of my life. In any technology-related field, keeping up to date through continuing education is of the utmost importance. Continuing education can include on-the-job training, courses sponsored by the employer, and courses taken in new technologies as they emerge. I plan to be not only a career employee but a career student so that I can be the best information systems analyst I can be. I will ensure, however, that any education I pursue not only doesn't interfere with my job or the company's policies, but will enhance my value as an employee.

34.Give an example of how you applied knowledge from previous coursework to a project in another class.

Last semester I was taking a microeconomics and a statistics course. One of the microeconomics projects dealt with showing the relationship between the probability that customers would stop buying a product if the price was raised a certain amount. Through what I learned in statistics I could find the median where the price was the highest and still kept most of the customers happy.

35. Describe a situation in which you found that your results were not up to your professor's or supervisor's expectations. What happened? What action did you take?

Recently I was asked to put together a proposal for a migration of network systems. Misunderstanding my boss, I thought it was just an informal paper. When I presented it to him days later, he was upset with the quality since it had to be presented to our VP. I explained my misunderstanding, apologized, reworked the paper, and had it back to him with enough time for him to review it before he presented it successfully at the meeting
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 17:36   只看该作者   #8
hardywang
在青麦地上跑着 / 雪和太阳的光芒

hardywang 的头像

发送 ICQ 消息给 hardywang
默认

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.ph...r&MsgID=158280

36.What do you know about our organization?

Research the target company before the interview. Basic research is the only way to prepare for this question. Do your homework, and you’ll score big on this question. Talk about products, services, history and people, especially any friends that work there. “But I would love to know more, particularly from your point of view. Do we have time to cover that now?

This question is one reason to do some research on the organization before the interview. Find out where they have been and where they are going. What are the current issues and who are the major players?

37.What experience do you have?

Try to cite experience relevant to the company’s concerns. Also, try answering these questions with a question: “Are you looking for overall experience or experience in some specific area of special interest to you?” Let the interviewer’s response guide your answer.

What experience do you have in this field? Speak about specifics that relate to the position you are applying for. If you do not have specific experience, get as close as you can.

I think I have my current job because of my experiences abroad. Those experiences gave me greater self-confidence and a greater understanding of myself, which led to my willingness to uproot myself and try new work in a new location.”

38.According to your definition of success, how successful have you been so far?

Be prepared to define success, and then respond (consistent record of responsibility)
You should always answer yes and briefly explain why. A good explanation is that you have set goals, and you have met some and are on track to achieve the others.

39. How has your college experience prepared you for a business career?

Emphasize your best and favorite subjects. If grades were average, talk about leadership or jobs you took to finance your education. Talk about extra-curricular activities (clubs, sports, volunteer work)

I have prepared myself to transition into the the work force through real-world experience involving travel abroad, internship, and entrepreneurial opportunities. While interning with a private organization in Ecuador, I developed a 15-page marketing plan composed in Spanish that recommended more effective ways the company could promote its services. I also traveled abroad on two other occasions in which I researched the indigenous culture of the Mayan Indians in Todos Santos, Guatemala, and participate din a total language immersion program in Costa Rica. As you can see from my academic, extracurricular, and experiential background, I have unconditionally committed myself to success as a marketing professional.

40.What do you look for in a job?

Flip this one over. Despite the question, the employer isn’t really interested in what you are looking for. He’s interested in what he is looking for. Address his interests, rather than yours. Use words like “contribute,” “enhance,” “improve,” and “team environment.” Fit your answer to their needs Relate your preferences and satisfiers/dissatisfiers to the job opening.
帅哥 hardywang 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Sep 30th, 2007, 23:22   只看该作者   #9
ggghands
级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时级别:24 | 在线时长:682小时 | 升级还需:43小时

ggghands 的头像

帖子: 1,067
声望: 1504326
ggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond reputeggghands has a reputation beyond repute
Cool thanks

u r faster than me

?
ggghands 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 1st, 2007, 13:23   只看该作者   #10
DragonQXL
级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时级别:24 | 在线时长:693小时 | 升级还需:32小时

注册日期: Nov 2004
帖子: 1,154
积分:9
精华:2
声望: 347408
DragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond reputeDragonQXL has a reputation beyond repute
默认

Mark, thanks
DragonQXL 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 1st, 2007, 14:15   只看该作者   #11
Violet258
级别:21 | 在线时长:530小时 | 升级还需:42小时级别:21 | 在线时长:530小时 | 升级还需:42小时级别:21 | 在线时长:530小时 | 升级还需:42小时级别:21 | 在线时长:530小时 | 升级还需:42小时级别:21 | 在线时长:530小时 | 升级还需:42小时

注册日期: Apr 2007
帖子: 3,748
积分:16
精华:5
声望: 141877
Violet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond reputeViolet258 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

hardy同学又做好事啦,表扬一下.....
Violet258 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:38   只看该作者   #12
枫叶之恋
级别:1 | 在线时长:9小时 | 升级还需:3小时

注册日期: Sep 2007
帖子: 20
声望: 0
枫叶之恋 is an unknown quantity at this point
默认

ding
枫叶之恋 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 13th, 2007, 23:39   只看该作者   #13
我不想太好
级别:26 | 在线时长:821小时 | 升级还需:16小时级别:26 | 在线时长:821小时 | 升级还需:16小时

注册日期: Jan 2007
帖子: 902
声望: 590238
我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute我不想太好 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

顶!!!
我不想太好 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jan 12th, 2008, 01:09   只看该作者   #14
leehbh
级别:0 | 在线时长:1小时 | 升级还需:4小时

注册日期: Sep 2004
帖子: 3
声望: 10
leehbh is on a distinguished road
默认

好贴一定要顶!
leehbh 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Apr 3rd, 2008, 22:30   只看该作者   #15
chrysler
级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时级别:19 | 在线时长:440小时 | 升级还需:40小时

帖子: 437
声望: 729123
chrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond reputechrysler has a reputation beyond repute
默认

最近去INTERVIEW,经常被问到 How do you deal with difficult people in your work?
如何回答这个问题?
chrysler 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 22nd, 2008, 15:02   只看该作者   #16
worlddreamer31
IT activist
级别:17 | 在线时长:365小时 | 升级还需:31小时级别:17 | 在线时长:365小时 | 升级还需:31小时级别:17 | 在线时长:365小时 | 升级还需:31小时级别:17 | 在线时长:365小时 | 升级还需:31小时级别:17 | 在线时长:365小时 | 升级还需:31小时

worlddreamer31 的头像

注册日期: Mar 2005
住址: Globe Village
帖子: 1,731
积分:4
精华:3
声望: 1797412
worlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond reputeworlddreamer31 has a reputation beyond repute
默认 interview videos

worlddreamer31 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Oct 25th, 2009, 13:01   只看该作者   #17
碧水蓝天
级别:4 | 在线时长:34小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:4 | 在线时长:34小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:4 | 在线时长:34小时 | 升级还需:11小时级别:4 | 在线时长:34小时 | 升级还需:11小时

碧水蓝天 的头像

注册日期: Oct 2009
帖子: 125
声望: 3038
碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute碧水蓝天 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

excellent !

【投票】超强!!!你下载了微软的正版用户免费杀毒软件吗?
http://www.chinasmile.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=431478
碧水蓝天 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Mar 10th, 2011, 13:56   只看该作者   #18
rutter6417
级别:8 | 在线时长:116小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:8 | 在线时长:116小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:8 | 在线时长:116小时 | 升级还需:1小时级别:8 | 在线时长:116小时 | 升级还需:1小时

rutter6417 的头像

注册日期: Mar 2011
帖子: 725
积分:3
精华:1
声望: 898219
rutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond reputerutter6417 has a reputation beyond repute
默认

也进来学习一下,good answers!
rutter6417 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码