返回   华枫论坛 > ◆ 工作学习◆ > 工作求职

发表新主题 回复
置顶的主题 推荐  
查看全部 主题工具
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:25     #1
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

注册日期: Jul 2004
住址: Toronto, ON
帖子: 5,368
积分:8
精华:15
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 我收集的Cover letter, resume, thank you letter, follow up letter and reference letter 样本

供大家参考, 我会不断更新的,也希望大家补充,Good luck.

COVER LETTER

2842 South Plaza
Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N5
March 12,

C. David Johnson
Director of Personnel
Prarie Bank
490 Laurier Avenue
Calgary, Alberta T4N 8H5

Dear Mr. Johnson:

The accompanying resume is in response to your listing in the Calgary Herald for a security officer.

I am especially interested in this position because my experience as a senior security professional in the financial district has prepared me for a disciplined, secure work environment and the challenges associated with unexpected events. I'm looking forward to using this experience for enhancing the security of a growing and community-conscious bank.

I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my experience will best meet your needs. My ideas on how to improve your bank's security posture may be of particular interest to you. Therefore, I will call your office on the morning of March 17 to inquire if a meeting can be scheduled at a convenient time.

I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely yours,

Joyce Dale

此帖于 Dec 5th, 2004 14:32 被 阿童木 编辑。

越过辽阔天空啦……飞向遥远群星
善良勇敢的啦……铁臂阿童木
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
共 2 位会员
感谢 阿童木 发表的文章:
worryfreelady (Oct 1st, 2010), 林花春红 (Jan 4th, 2011)
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:26     #2
阿童木
级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时级别:18 | 在线时长:432小时 | 升级还需:5小时

阿童木 的头像

声望: 4690496
阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute阿童木 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Sample Cover letters

39 Crawford St.
Pickering, ON

September 19, 2003

Ms. Tracy Dobbs
Human Resources Manager
ICU Management Inc.
192 Finchdene Square
Scarborough, ON
M1K 2R9

Dear Ms. Dobbs:

Please accept this as application for the position of Help Desk Analyst which was advertised on the Centennial College Co-op Board on September 14, 2003.

I feel that I am an excellent candidate for this position as I am currently enrolled in my 5th semester of the Microcomputer Analyst Program. My previous work experience exposed me to various hardware and software problems as well as situations requiring above average interpersonal and customer service skills. I have the ability to work well on my own but also enjoy the opportunity to work in a team environment.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange an interview. I look forward to discussing my qualifications for this position and thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Joe Student

Encl: Resume
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
感谢 阿童木
此篇文章之用户:
邓仔仔 (May 31st, 2009)
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:27     #3
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

Sample Resumé

PAT M. SMITH

123 Main Street, Apt. 789
Pickering, ON M2J 3C5
(416) 123-4567

WORK EXPERIENCE

Crew Chief
(part-time) McDonald's Restaurant Ajax, Ontario July 1998 to present

Supervise and schedule 45 counter staff
Process customer orders at a busy restaurant
Handle customer complaints and provide a high level of customer service
Prepare monthly inventory and order reports
Promoted from counter help to crew chief

Lifeguard
(summer) Pickering Recreation Department Pickering, Ontario 1996, 1997, 1998
Supervised and monitored the safety of swimmers in a high school pool
Completed Bronze Medallion, Red Cross Life Saving Certificate and CPR course
Wrote weekly health and safety reports

EDUCATION

Business Administration
(co-op) Centennial College Scarborough, Ontario September 1998 - December 2001

Courses include: Accounting, Marketing, Operations Management, Business Law, Labour Relations Principles, Human Resources Management

Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma
Pickering Collegiate Vocational Institute Pickering, Ontario June 1998 { 枫下论坛 rolia.net/forum }
Grade Average: 78.2%; Honours list for 1996 and 1997

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Smith - 2 -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Computer Skills Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, familiar with Internet

Volunteer Work
Taught physically challenged children (ages 6-12) swimming lessons April 1994 to September 1998
Coached an 8 to 10 year old boys soccer team summer of 1996

Accomplishments
Vice President (1997) and President (1998) of High School Business Club: Arranged and organized meetings with entrepreneurs and regional businesses to learn about new legislation and current issues.
Treasurer of local youth group which sponsors teen activities September to June 1998
Captain of the junior and senior basketball and swimming teams 1994 to 1998

Interests
Soccer
Downhill skiing
Swimming
Reading mystery books

References: Available upon request
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
感谢 阿童木
此篇文章之用户:
邓仔仔 (May 31st, 2009)
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:27     #4
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

labour工的简历

Bill Jackson
81 *** Eest Street
*****, ON
L*P 6*3
(905) 555-****
Billjackson@hotmail.com

Job Objective: To find full-time, summer employment as a GENEAL LABOURER

Highlights of Qualifications:

Works well with others and independently.
Able to complete tasks within a limited time.
Able to use a variety of *** equipment responsibly and safely.
Can work at any shift.

Relevant Skills and Experience:

General Labour:

Operated gas-powered lawn mower and trimmer.
Loaded equipment from truck.
Hauled away trimmings and debris.
Worked over sixty hours a week and maintained productivity.

Customer Service:

Maintained good relationships with clients.
Helped company grow by asking clients for referrals.
Called clients to verify that rain dates were convenient.
Collected payments and issued receipts with accuracy.

Work History:

2002-2003 Landscaper Grasscutters ****, ON
2001-2002 Landscaper J & T Landscaping ****, ON

Education:

2002 Customer Service skills workshop, Skill for changes, Toronto,ON.

Volunteer History:

2000 Animal Sitter Human Society Sutton,****, ON
1999-2000 30 Hour Famine Worldvision ****, ON

References available upon request
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
感谢 阿童木
此篇文章之用户:
邓仔仔 (May 31st, 2009)
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:28     #5
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

Sample IT resume

Michael Needjobs
3221 Need Job Street
North York, ON
V5R 5B7
Tel.(416) 123-4567

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a challenging position as System Analyst with a growth-oriented organisation where my skills, experience will be utilised to their full potential.

WORK EXPERIENCE:

May 1994-Present Employer: BEST SYSTEM INC., Markham, Ontario

Position: System Analyst

designed and implemented complex GUI and RDBMS applications under WINDOWS NT environment using Visual C++, MFC, C, Visual Basic 4, SQL Server 6, Access 2.0
member of a development team for a large client server (three tier) relational database application using Visual Basic, remote automation, remote databases and SQL server under WINDOWS NT environment.
redeveloped and reengineered several applications of serial communication and databases

1993 - Apr.1994 Employer: SINUS INTERNATIONAL INC., Toronto, Ontario

Position: Programmer Analyst

designed, developed and tested communication software written in C for DOS and UNIX, based on custom communication protocol
designed relational database applications on UNIX environment
supported and managed the activity of a Novell network
1991-1993 Employer: ALEGRA Ltd, Oradea, Romania

Position: R&D Engineer

designed and developed structured software applications in C (DOS/WINDOWS), C++, Pascal
designed database applications dBase and Fox-Pro
co-ordinated and supervised the whole activity in a NOVELL computer network
taught public courses 10 hours/week about computer programming
July-Sept. Environment: University of Coimbra (Portugal)

1990 Position: R&D Engineer

summer courses on data transmission, remote connections to servers, Internet

PERSONAL STRENGTHS:

six years of extensive work experience in various aspects of computer programming, analysis, developing and testing
able to optimise programs, to use difficult algorithms and protocol specifications, to work in a team environment or unsupervised
able to co-ordinate the analysis and production a development team
excellent programming abilities in C (DOS & UNIX), Visual C++, Visual Basic, SQL server, Access
very good working knowledges with computer networks (Novell and TCP/IP)
well-organised, efficient, quick learner, self-motivated and excellent mathematics background
excellent ability to plan, organise, prioritise my work and to meet on time the deadlines
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:

1986-1991 Computer and Control Engineering Faculty
University of Timisoara/Romania
Master of Science Degree in Computer Engineering

1991-1994 International Business Relations Faculty
University of Timisoara/Romania

1995 Seneca College - Advanced C++ Course
Microsoft - Advanced C++ Course

PAPERS, DISSERTATIONS AND AWARDS:

1986-1989 prizes at the Graduate Student National Mathematics Contest
June 1994 Member in Romanian Engineers Association
SPECIAL INTERESTS:

Object Oriented Programming, Numerical Models, Data Communication
HOBBIES:

Hiking, tennis, music and reading
LANGUAGES:

English, French, German and Romanian
REFERENCES:

Available upon request
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:29     #6
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

Follow Up Letter

Ms. June Ellis-Parker
Grummond Associates
101 Alden Terrace
Ames, IA 09876

Dear Ms. Ellis-Parker:

Meeting you today was a real pleasure. I enjoyed touring your facility and seeing a staff that does not require formal attire to achieve impressive productivity. Quite a departure from the typical corporate environment!
As we discussed, the position is an exciting one for which I am superbly qualified, and it would be an honor to join your team. The range of skills I can bring to your organization would allow your managers to devote more time to joint fieldwork, and ultimately increase your bottom line profits.
I will call on Friday as you suggested to see whether Roger Transwood has returned and is available to meet with me.
Thank you again for your time. I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sincerely,
Linda Blumfeld
(555) 456-7890
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:30     #7
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

Sample Reference Letter

JOHN DOE

#201, 315 - 10 Avenue S.E.
Calgary, Alberta T2G 0W2
(403) 555-1234

R E F E R E N C E S

EMPLOYMENT

Johnny LaRue
Manager
Lucky Lotto Gas Bar
Calgary, Alberta
Business: (403) 987-6543

ACADEMIC
Thomas Arnold
Teacher
Central High School
Calgary, Alberta
Business: (403) 555-1212

PERSONAL
Joan Burner
Homemaker
Calgary, Alberta
Residence: (403) 555-5678
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 5th, 2004, 14:30     #8
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

比较专业的 Reference Letter

PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES

Past Supervisor: Kathleen Southeby, Director of Career Services
University of Washington, Bothell
2345 Canyon Park Boulevard
Bothell, ON postcode
(416) 416-4165
e-mail: westking@lookjobs.com

Corporate Clients: Dan Williams, Director of Human Resources
United Parcel Service
2334 Post Road
Seattle, ON 98121
(416) 416-4165

Cynthia Cooper, Branch Manager
King County METRO Divisions
2345 32nd Avenue postcode
Kirkland, ON postcode
(416) 416-4165

PERSONAL REFERENCES:

Co-Worker: Angela Smith, Workforce Training Coordinator
Everett Community College
15 South Circle Drive
Everett, ON postcode
(416) 416-4165

Business Associate: Frank Denla, Director of Training
Career Professionals Speaker's Bureau
PO Box 234
Seattle, ON postcode
(416) 416-4165

Personal Friend: Darla Smith, President
Executive Outplacement Systems
2343 Bellevue ONy postcode
Bellevue, ON 98123
(416) 416-416
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:02     #9
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

饺子的奉献--如何得到一份好简历

简历在找工作过程中是非常重要的MARKETING TOOL。它可以帮你获得宝贵的INTERVIEW机会。

根据本人的经验,我有以下建议。

1。至少读一本关于JOB SEARCHING的书或者参加类似的WORKSHOP。很多人不太以为然,找朋友帮帮忙,或者对照英汉字典自己写简历就往外发。结果肯定不如人意。建议至少花半个月时间于此。在温哥华地区的,可以参加SUCCESS,中侨互助会的WORKSHOP。我个人觉得受益非浅。

2。建议找专业公司来写你的简历。你可以列出所有的工作经历,技能和任何你认为有助于找工作的信息。一并交给RESUME WRITER。让他们EVALUTE哪些放进RESUME,用什么样的表达方式。很多人以为只要没有SPELLING ERROR,GRAMMER ERROR就是好简历。其实不然。我试过很多次把写的东西交给LG看,他总是问我你到底想说什么,达到什么目的(他看不大懂我的英文, 尤其是工作经历,因为不熟悉BUSINESS TERMINOLOGY)。问清楚后才帮我改。改好的文字,我不得不服。VERY PERSUASIVE AND CONVINCING。这里有英语表达的问题,还有对WESTERN BUSINESS WORLD AND CULTURE的了解。后者与英语没有关系。所以饺子强烈推荐你在RESUME上投点资。

3。TRACK OF RECORD很重要。数字和项目比泛泛的叙述更有说服力。

4。TRANSFERABLE SKILLS。很多人陷入了没有本地工作经验的死循环。其实这时应该强调TRANSFERABLE SKILLS。没有绝对一样的两份工作。所以雇主看重的是TRANSFERABLE SKILLS。如LEADERSHIP,TEAMWORK,PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILL,SALES SKILL,ADAPTIBILTY,SELF-MOTIVATION,QUICK LEARNER,EUTHUSIASM,INTERPERSONAL SKILL, COMMUNICATION SKILL,BILINGUAL SKILL AND THE ETC。比如,你工作的TEAM只有两个人,你是TEAM LEADER也是很重要的。

同时不要忽略中国人求稳,不轻易变动工作,LOYAL,不介意起点工资略低也是雇主考虑的优势之一。

5。形式同样重要。排版后RESUME,要重点突出,层次清楚,美观。当雇主浏览众多RESUME时,花在第一页的时间平均只有15秒! 15秒决定是否看第二页还是扔到垃圾堆(或者不考虑的FILE里面)。所以你的第一关机会只有15秒。

6。SNAIL MAIL和FAX还是有EMAIL不能取代的优势。重要的职位传真和EMAIL我都会发。

7。写RESUME还有个更简洁的途径,即浏览招聘广告。用上面的REQUIREMENT来FINE TUNE你的RESUME。这样你就会用到正确的TERMINOLOGY。曾在论坛上看到找TECHNICAL MARKETING的职位,我没有听说过这样的词,我猜想可能是技术销售的意思。

8。重要职位应有COVER LETTER。利用COVER LETTER可以简练地强调你的QUALIFICATION是否符合这个职位的REQUIREMENT,同时说明你对该公司和该职位的重视,而不是天女散花地乱撒。

我在招聘员工时发现以下几个和RESUME相关的问题:

1。词语错误。F7只能检查拼写。但HEART和HEAR用F7是检查不出问题的。有些错误不仅难以理解,甚至可笑。相信与否,超过50%的RESUME都不是ERROR FREE

2。中文式的英语读起来不流畅。但不是致命的问题。很多雇主能理解应聘者不是NATIVE SPEAKER。不过你能改善这一项,也就比别人多了几分优势。

3。只有责任的描述,没有强调ACHIEVEMENT。这点很重要,你干过这项工作,不是给你OFFER的原因。雇主要确认你能有ACHIEVEMENT。数字更好。

4。提供了无关的信息,如性别,身高,体重,RACE,NATIONAL ORIGIN,年龄等。甚至还有照片。非常不专业,同时你会让RECRUITER有潜在的DISCRIMINATION的危险,一般这样的RESUME很少给INTERVIEW的机会。

5。排版很差。给人感觉不是DETAIL-ORIENTED。如果自己的RESUME都不TAKE CARE,让人怀疑是否能做好这份工作。

以上是我找工作和做RECRUITING的体会,希望你发现其中的某一条对你有用。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
共 3 位会员
感谢 阿童木 发表的文章:
nwcalgary (Oct 1st, 2010), SUNROOF (Oct 5th, 2008), worryfreelady (Oct 1st, 2010)
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:04     #10
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

1,什么是CV,找什么类的工作用?
CV is used to apply for academic positions or high level positions.

2,用EMAIL方式发RESUME的时候,如果是作为邮件的附件的形式发过去的,那么在邮件的正文里应该写些什么呢?
You should put your key qualifications (summarized from your cover letter and resume) in your email.

3,应聘信的标题一般以什么为好呢?
An experienced C++ programmer applying for
an software engineer position (something like that)

Good luck
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:06     #11
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

看了部分朋友的简历,一些意见
by eglington (eglington)

承蒙几位朋友看得起在下,把简历发给我。看了以后,讲讲本人的几点意见:

(可能这些东东在knock'em dead --- resume篇里都有了,我还没看过)
1、简历最好用rtf文件格式,比较通用,几乎所有的格式文本编辑软件都能打开它。用word格式的话,万一看你简历的人狠MS入骨呢?当然,还要看招聘信息里的具体要求,没有特别说明,就用rtf. 另外,再准备一份txt格式的,有些网站让你把简历post上去,这时起美化作用的字体、网格就没用了,只要段落整齐就行。

2、当你把简历文件通过电子邮件的附件发送时,请注意文件的命名。我用的格式:eglington_javadev_motorola.rtf,即本人名字+职位+公司名。这样的好处是方便看简历的人以后检索你的文件。发送之前,把简历拷贝一个复本文件,把它改名,然后发送这个复本。同时在硬盘上保留所有已发送的复本文件,也就是针对每个公司使用不同的文件,你可以方便的改动简历去适应不同公司职位的要求。

3、我个人认为,简历的格式没有某些文章说的那么重要,特别是对IT行业来说,skill and experience是关键,格式很fancy的简历未必能弥补这两者的不足。但是,简历必须层次分明,清晰易读。字体可以小点,但行间距一定要大!每个段落的标题与段落内容分开,独立一行,并且用粗体,大的段落间要有空行。正文当中粗体不要滥用,只在特别关键的地方用1-2次,比如很少见的证书,很著名的公司的名称等。

4、在用word排版时,所有字体要用英文的!我收到的简历里,某一篇通篇字体都是宋体黑体,我不能确认洋人收到后,看到的是什么效果。

5、简历的篇幅不需要有什么限制。就象一本小说,如果它从第一页就开始吸引你,你就不会在乎它是中篇的还是长篇的。关键是第一页要吸引人!如果你的简历第一页不能在5-6秒之内让人觉得你可能能干这份工作,你就完了。你如果对第一页有信心,而且确实有很多出色的工作经历,写3-4页又怕什么?

6、我的简历采用的是objective, summary, skills & knowledge, work experience, education, professional training, archivements, activities, reference 的顺序写的。请注意,objective不要总是to seek a ... in a dynamic and challenging environment ...如果应聘的是个老牌很稳定的公司,你还要dynamic,明摆着告诉人家我这人喜新厌旧,待腻了就会跳槽。

7、第一页按照这样的原则写:把你最突出,最与众不同的东西放在第一页。如证书(mcse就算了),著名公司工作经验,参与过的大规模的项目,特殊的工作行业如银行、保险公司等。每项要单独一行,要写全称及缩写!不要“IT Certificates: CLP, SCJP, IBM CSE, etc.”要:
“ - Certified Lotus Professional (CLP) on System Administration and Application Development
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)
- IBM Certified Solution Expert (CSE): DB2 UDB admin and appl. dev.

我的agent跟我说过“your certificates make the difference”有证书很重要的!特别是有1000人和你竞争的时候。工作中经验比证书重要,但面食之前,证书比经验重要。证书可不要编造,兴许人家会要求你拿来复印一下(我遇到过)

8、第一页的下三分之一要写你的最后一份工作经验。工作经验要具体,详细。最好能列出project名称和大致内容,用户和数据规模,不要笼统的写“system installation and maintenance”

9、不要有错字!

10、不要用太多的中国特有名词,用“nationwide, provincial, citywide”来形容其规模,什么“863”,“green card project”之类的,你认为老外能懂吗?

11、保持一条主线,不能偏离招聘要求,主线以外的经验不能影响主线。比如一位朋友找网络管理工作,却写自己写过几年VB,我看不出这有什么好处。

12、对IT Professional来说,太简单的常识性的东西不要写,如会用word, excel之类的。

不知上述这些对给我发简历的朋友是否有帮助。祝好运!
先写这些,请其他大侠指正补充。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:09     #12
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

ZT:RESUME需注意的几个地方

近来从事INTERN的筛选工作,每天和RESUME打交道。
我想从REVIEWER的角度,告诉大家一些常见问题。
也许对你写RESUME有帮助。

1。RESUME太长

除非你是应徵CEO位子,否则RESUME不要超过2页。
这可以说是工业界流行的法规。如果连这都做不到,
HR或MGR可以认为你缺乏基本的书写表达能力。
至於怎么把你的伟大光辉历程压到两页纸,是你的事。

这次我见到的极端例子是9页长的RESUME!出於好奇,我
从头到尾看了遍。好家伙,驾照ID,出身月日,修过的课,
YADAYADA,统统抄上了。本以为这是个混入TOP学校的低智
混混,没想到第9页上赫然写着国际奥林匹克数学金牌得主!
可惜,这天才被毙了。

2。不能通过10-15妙测试。

一般,HR读RESUME时,前10-15秒找不到他要找的KEY WORDS
的话,就捏了扔垃圾桶。换句话说,最前面1/3页,你得说明
你有啥长处。比如,5年C++,3篇RESEARCH文章,等等。
这和写书一样,得有个目录。几眼就能看出这书是干啥的,
不能让人读完才知这书写些啥。

我读的许多RESUME前半页没有实际内容,仅是些“聪明,努力,好学”,
等空虚的词。我得看完整篇RESUME才能挖掘出这应徵者的长项。
太费劲了。TMD,欺负我是好人不是?:)

为避免RESUME爆炸,我只给TOP 20学校里的关系户教授发
INTERN通知。前来应徵的都是他们的学生。所以我有耐心慢慢
细读。否则许多简历要遭受集体屠杀。

3。发EMAIL时,RESUME没有ATTACH。

有的人EMAIL里放个URL让我去访问他网站。如果我嫌繁或网络
出问题,机会就这么失去了。

4。放和工作无关的东东

嗨,RESUME是为了找工作,和工作无关的东西统统是垃圾,
应该去掉!

我真的惊讶今天收到的一份RESUME居然有照片,而且还是张
有损眼球的脸:( 这是干啥呢?

5。没有提到我INTERN通知里的KEY WORDS

哪怕你没有足够的经历,你也得尽量往我需要的方向靠。
如果我招物理,你满纸化学,我怎么相中您?
不过,这种CASE较少,只看到一两起。

6 .....

也许这坛子上的XDJM早知道这些罗哩罗嗦的东西。
喜欢的话顶一下,讨人嫌的话下回就不写了。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
感谢 阿童木
此篇文章之用户:
nwcalgary (Oct 1st, 2010)
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:10     #13
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

关于专业工作的REFERENCE,老牛说两句:

1.REFERENCE最好是三个,并且最好一个是你的前MANAGER,一个是你的技术方面的LEADER,一个是你的同事.一般来说,必须有一个是你的MANAGER.

2.让别人做你的REFERENCE之前,一定要把你的RESUME及要申请的JOB DESCRIPTION送给他或她,好让他或她有所准备.

3.一般的公司会自己或让专门CHECK REFERENCE的公司来CHECK REFERENCE.做REFERENCE的人应该根据与你的关系及经历来如实回答(当然褒多于贬).切不可吹的天花乱坠,有时会起反作用.

4.移民同胞尽量至少找一个老外做自己的REFERENCE.

5.CHECK REFERENCE一般是最后一关,但老牛的确知道有人没有过这一关,非常遗憾!!!

6.REFERENCE最好不要在国内,因为时差,很难打电话CHECK.几年前也许会用EMAIL CHECK,但现在很难说.REFERENCE在北美,欧洲均可.

仅供参考!
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 7th, 2004, 14:11     #14
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

Arrow

在多伦多找工作 - 简历之前
by joewang65 (Joe)

在动笔写简历之前要做以下几点:

*** 对市场。了解需求。

-- 上网查询招聘信息,了解就业空间。

-- 输入关键词查询,只使用一个最大范围的关键词,不要对查询条件做太多限制。例如,找Java相关的工作。就只输入“Java”一个关键词。不要输入“Java and J2EE”或者“J2EE and Websphere”。给你自己一个最大的选择空间。

-- 定期做一次不设置日期的关键词查询。观察招聘广告数量,看市场需求有多大。

-- 每天定时做当日招聘广告查询。观察单位时间内,即每日新增招聘广告的数字。

-- 有时间的话,做几次符合自己条件的多条件查询,对比查询结果与在宽松查询条件下获得的结果。

-- 考察职位分布地点。具体办法是按照地点排序。获得加拿大对自己所在领域的需求程度的地域分布。

-- 考察招聘雇主的行业背景。了解什么行业对你所在领域要求最大。

-- 考察来自中介,和来自直接雇主的广告数量。并记录活跃的中介和雇主。具体办法是在浏览器上做分类标签。

-- 将广告分成来自中介和雇主两类,排除重复的招聘信息,以获得准确的招聘数量。同时,摒除那些经常发重复招聘信息的中介。减少浪费在中介上面的时间。但要重点留心那些重复发同一招聘广告的直接雇主。

-- 粗略划分出招聘职位的角色。例如对于 Java 的职位来说,可以分为:Business Analyst, System Analyst, Project Manager, Team Leader, Architect, Designer, Developer, Tester, QA, Relase and Change management, Support 等等。每种角色又分成不同级别:Senior, Intermediate 和Senior。考察市场对各个角色的需求比例。不一定有十分准确的数字,但是你在心中要有大概的那个多,那个少。

-- 认真分析招聘广告中的职位职责和对候选人的要求。尤其是对上述角色的要求和期望。也许你会发现在加拿大,一些职位的功能和要求与国内的有些差异。也会跟我们想象的有些差异。

-- 熟悉招聘广告中对技术的描述,工作流程的描述,对候选人的要求和期望。特别注意的要仔细阅读公司介绍,了解公司背景。并将其划分到某行业类别。

-- 熟悉招聘广告中使用到的词汇,包括技术术语,形容词。

*** 对自己的。分析技能,经历背景。为自己找到定位是很重要的。

-- 先给自己做一次三层的技能总结。

-- 第一、列出所有你精通的知识和技能。并分类。最好能按照招聘广告里对技能的分类方式。

-- 第二、在每项技能类别中列出你不是十分精通,但是熟悉,一般精通的技能。

-- 第三、按类别列出你一点都不知道,或者没用过的技能。但是这些技能又是你在浏览招聘信息时,发现被要求的。

-- 在对自己的经历和行业背景总结。

-- 第一、确定自己已经毕业了多少年。

-- 第二、回忆自己工作过的公司。确定这些公司的行业分类。

-- 第三、回忆自己做过的项目。为所有的项目做行业分类。

*** 根据市场需求,定制你自己。

-- 首先声明,这里的“定制自己”不是指“编造”自己。是指根据市场的需要,基于诚实的原则,对自己真实的技能和背景做取舍;并且根据市场的需求,努力提高自己,填补不足。

-- 现在你已经有了市场需求,有了对自己的了解。现在要做的是寻找市场和你的 match 点。可能你会发现你喜欢做的并不是市场需要的;而市场需要的你也有能力做。例如:你原来(或者希望)做 Designer,但你也有能力做程序员;而市场上正需要程序员。如果你的条件比市场需求所要求的大,这就比较好。

-- 根据市场需求和自己的条件,为自己定位一个职位角色。一定一定只有一个角色。写简历之前你花多点时间来深思熟虑的确定这个角色是应该的。

-- 尽量避免同时扮演2个角色。如果你的角色是 Developer, 那尽量避免再同时扮演Team Leader 或者是Project Manager。你可能做一个有数据库经验的程序员,或者一个有编程经验的DBA,但是不要认为自己可以同时做DBA,又可以做程序员。

-- 我还认识几个人,都是说自己什么都会,什么都能做。在写简历的时候,却不知道重点在哪。

-- 我曾经在简历上把 Title 写成 Senior Application Developer and Architect。因为我的确做过开发和architecture 设计。在面试时人家问我:你到底是做什么的。后来,我作出取舍,避免这样尴尬的情况。

-- 不要经常变换角色。尽量始终把精力放在一个角色上。也许经过几次尝试和变换之后才能确定最合适的角色,但最后一定要固定在只一个角色上。变换角色对你和雇主的注意力都会有影响。

-- 可以对自己的角色有一些辅助功能,就是增加一些其他角色的技能。一般这个辅助技能是你现在角色的上一个级别角色的功能,或者是关系密切的角色的功能。例如:你是程序员,可能你还同时有设计能力,还有测试能力。但是你不要跳过级别说你有 Architect,Business Analysis 或者 Software Sales 的技能和经验。

-- 参考市场上招聘广告的技能要求,给你确定的角色添加相关的技能。此时,需要取舍,不要舍不得。这个时候不是发挥想象的时候。要用最简单的直线连接技能类别和你的技能。不要为了把技能写上而想一些牵强的理由。

-- 例如:我对美术很有兴趣,并对图像处理和动画制作很在行。但是这对找程序员工作没帮助。也许有的朋友会说,这技能可以用在 web 应用开发过程中,帮助处理网页中的图片。我觉得很牵强。你绝对不能在Web application development skills 中加上 Photoshop 或者 Flash 。

-- 对比市场上正在招人的企业的行业类别与你原来公司的行业类别,或者做过的项目的行业类别。把你自己的行业背景归到市场上需要的一个类别。例如:零售,教育,服务,金融,政府,图书馆,广播,旅游等等。
在完成上面的工作之后,你可以动笔写简历了。现在,你除了有一堆草稿纸之外,你的脑子里对市场,对自己有所了解。上面的工作可能在你写完简历后还需要阶段性的重复。但在重复一段时间后,你对方方面面的考虑会呈现出基本成熟,稳定不变的局面。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 12th, 2004, 20:46     #15
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: 血蛤蟆
本人对COVER LETTER的一点体会!

1。看了很多鬼佬的简历,他们的COVER LETTER多是两句话而已:
Enclosed is my resume for the office help position.
My salary expectancy is from $28,000 - $30,000.00.

2。我最近的体会是,在COVER LETER里,用BULLET的形式简要列出自己对该职位的优势!
似乎这样的COVER LETTER很受用,发出两封,都获得了面试机会!

COVER LETTER就是要简明扼要!写太长了,让人看了半天,还没找到主题,那只有被扔进垃圾桶的份儿了!
最后一点, 我很认同, 30秒内如果引不起HR的兴趣, 那就完了。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 19th, 2004, 07:11     #16
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: 缘份的天空
阿童木,不仅要给你顶一顶,还要再多点几个小绿点给你。哈......

谢谢,谢谢,谢谢。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 30th, 2004, 01:20     #17
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

Financial Analyst Resume

Dr. Jekyll
1450 Mockingbird Way
Baltimore, MD 20804
410-555-5555
OBJECTIVE:A position that enables me to use my financial analysis and project management skills

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Investment Analysis Intern, 2001 - Present
OP Investments Inc., Washington, D.C.

Analyze financial performance of private equity fund holdings in Asia and Eastern Europe

Execute credit and financial analyses of sub-project equity investments across various sectors

Produce annual credit reviews of funds and conduct financial agreement compliance reviews of funds

Evaluate business plans' viability, capital structure, and compliance with U.S. statuary requirements

Structured new project/corporate finance deals with capitalization of $100,000 to $100 million in agriculture, health insurance, IT and telecom
Produced IT/telecom marketing plan to expand brand awareness and market penetration of OPII products

Develop rapport with clients interested in investment opportunities in emerging markets, including Africa, the Caribbean, the Middle East, the Pacific Islands, and Southeastern Europe

Research Consultant, 1999 - 2001
Hyde & Co., Washington, D.C.

Expanded firm's product line by developing marketing research report on U.S. Hispanic market
Assembled economic and demographic data into consumer demand/market penetration model
Co-authored final report focusing on top 10 urban markets for Hispanics

Business Advisor/Project Manager, 1996 - 1998
Internation Agricultural Preservation Foundation, Holland, The Netherlands

Assisted with project planning and budgeting for organization sponsored by European Union

Formulated strategic model to monitor and evaluate fruit commodities and tree survival rates

Spearheaded agricultural technology proposal that was awarded $40,000 from Japanese Embassy Fund

Improved project results by making modifications that increased tree survival rates by 20 percent

EDUCATION
MBA degree candidate, June 2002, Ghoul University

Selected Coursework: Statistics, Finance, Marketing, Organizational behavior, Accounting

Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Communication, Stevenson School of Communications, Ghoul University

REFERENCES
Available upon request
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Dec 30th, 2004, 22:19     #18
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: cruelwolf
请教阿童木一个很弱的问题,见笑了^_^:
Cover letter 的内容是打印在信封上呢还是封在信封里的一页纸呢?

信封里的第一页纸, 你打印在信封上邮递员叔叔阿姨就不高兴了

如果用E-mail发简历的话,怎么处理cover letter?

放在邮件正文栏内

谢谢!

Good luck
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 13th, 2005, 10:33     #19
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: 老马过河
我最近的体会是,在COVER LETER里,用BULLET的形式简要列出自己对该职位的优势!

请问BULLET形式是什么?孤陋寡闻,见笑.

- aaa
- bbb
- ccc

明白了?
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 25th, 2006, 10:22     #20
阿童木

阿童木 的头像

默认

引用:
作者: alsd
根据上面的例子,简历sample中都没有提及个人的“highlight”或者“skill”方面的,直接就摆出自己的工作经验,好像没有强调自己什么“勤奋好学”等常见的个人描述,是不是这些也属于繁文缛节,可以不提呢?我看到朋友的简历中都吧自己的skill和highlight放在前面

那些个人描述太笼统,没有实际意义。
阿童木 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号