返回   华枫论坛 > ◆城市板块◆ > 落基牛仔--卡尔加里

发表新主题 回复

只看楼主 主题工具
旧 Jul 10th, 2022, 13:39     #1
Hotdogy
级别:12 | 在线时长:197小时 | 升级还需:24小时级别:12 | 在线时长:197小时 | 升级还需:24小时级别:12 | 在线时长:197小时 | 升级还需:24小时级别:12 | 在线时长:197小时 | 升级还需:24小时

注册日期: Dec 2018
帖子: 705
积分:1
精华:1
Hotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond reputeHotdogy has a reputation beyond repute
默认 胖J每天应该认真学习这篇演讲再工作

Mr Speaker, I’m grateful for your permission to make this statement.
议会主持人先生,感谢您允许我发表此声明。

Yesterday we began our day together, you, I, the Prime Minister and members from across this House, when we broke bread together at the parliamentary prayer breakfast. And we listened, all of us, to the words of Reverend Les Isaac, who spoke about the fact that responsibility comes with leadership, the responsibility to serve the interests of others, above your own. And to seek the common ground of your party, your community, and above all, your country.

昨天,我们一起开始了新的一天,你、我、总理和众议院的其他成员,当我们在议会祈祷早餐会上一起掰面包时。我们所有人都聆听了 Les Isaac 牧师的话,他谈到了领导者者责任,是为他人的利益服务,高于自己的利益,并找出你的政党、你的社区,尤其是你的国家利益的共同点。

Now colleagues will be forgiven for my sense of deja vu. Despite what it might seem, I am not one of life’s quitters. I didn’t quit when I was told that boys like me don’t do maths. I didn’t quit when old school bankers said I didn’t have the right school ties. And I didn’t quit when people in my community said that I should not marry the love of my life.

现在,希望同事们会体谅我此时的心情。无论如何,我不是生活中的逃跑者。当我被告知像我这样的男孩不要学数学时,我并没有放弃。当老派银行家说我没有好的同学关系时,我没有退却。当我周围的人说我不应该娶我生命中的挚爱时,我坚持了。

I cared deeply about public service and giving back to this country that has given me so much. That is why when I got the call from my right honourable friend the prime minister just over a year ago, I didn’t hesitate to serve again. It was a critical time for our country. Tough decisions needed to be made about when we were going to have a lockdown, about supporting the National Health Service and the care sector under unprecedented strain.

我致力于为大众服务、回报这个给予了我一切的国家。这就是为什么一年多前,当我接到我的尊贵朋友总理大臣的电话时,我毫不犹豫地接受任命,再次进入内阁。当时我们国家正进入一个严峻的时刻,需要做出艰难的决定,决定我们何时进行封锁,支持承受前所未有的压力的国家卫生服务和护理部门。

It’s been an absolute privilege of my life to have been trusted with these responsibilities. And I can only hope that my best has been good enough. It has undoubtedly been one of the toughest roles that I’ve had so far.

能够被委以这样的重任是我的荣誉和荣幸。我希望我努力和能力已经证明我足以胜任这个职责。毫无疑问,这是我迄今为止担任过的最艰难的角色之一。

The gravity of Home Office decisions, the scale of Treasury decisions. But nothing matters more than the the health of the British people, especially in the wake of a pandemic. Caring for people’s health and wellbeing is truly a noble vocation. So I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to all of those across the country working in the health and care sectors, as well as those that have worked so closely with in my old department, the DHSC and in the NHS.

内政部手握决定的权柄,财政部掌管决定的尺度。但没有什么比英国人民的健康更重要,尤其是在大流行之后。维护人们的健康和福祉确实是一项崇高的使命。因此,我想借此机会向全国所有在卫生和保健部门工作的人,以及与我的旧部门、DHSC 和 NHS 密切合作的人表示敬意。

There’s so much that I planned for the long term reform of our health and care systems. And it is a wrench to leave that important work.

我正在计划对我们的医疗保健系统进行长远和必要的改革。此时离开这项重要的工作是一个很艰难的决定。

Now, when I last gave a personal statement from this seat, I spoke about the importance of institutions and conventions. Today, it is about the importance of integrity. And don’t worry, there’s not going to be a series of these. Institutions and integrity are both central pillars that underpin our great democracy. It doesn’t matter what your political perspective is, in this House. I believe that we are all motivated by the national interest and that the public expects us, all all of us, to maintain honesty and to maintain integrity in whatever we do.

当我上次在这个职位上发表个人声明时,我谈到了制度和公约的重要性。今天,则是关于诚信的重要性。当然,不用担心,不会有太大的危机发生,因为制度和诚信都是支撑我们伟大民主的核心支柱。在这所议会大厦里,无论你的政治观点如何。我相信我们所有人都以国家利益为目的,无论我们做什么,民众希望我们所有人都保持诚实,并在我们所做的任何事情中保持正直。

This is not an abstract matter. We’ve seen in great democracies what happens when divisions are entrenched and not bridged. We cannot allow that to happen here. We must bring the country together as one nation. Effective governance inevitably requires loyalty and collective responsibility. Of course it does.

这不是一个抽象的问题,我们已经看到在伟大的民主国家中,当分歧根深蒂固而不能弥合时会发生什么。我们不能允许这种情况发生在这里。我们必须把国家团结起来成为一个整体。有效的治理不可避免地需要忠诚和集体责任。当然,这时可以实现的。

And I’m instinctively a team player. And I have completely focused on governing effectively over the last year. But treading the tightrope between loyalty and integrity has become impossible in recent months. And Mr Speaker, I will never risk losing my integrity.

当然,我自己是一个团队合作者。在过去的一年里,我全力投于我的工作,尽职尽守。但近几个月来,在忠诚和正直之间走钢丝已变得不可能。议长先生,无论如何我永远不会冒失去诚信的风险。

I also believe a team is only as good as a team captain. And that a captain is as good as his or her team. So loyalty must go both ways. The events of recent months have made it increasingly difficult to be in that team. It’s not fair on ministerial colleagues to go out every morning defending lines that don’t stand up and don’t hold up. It’s not fair on my parliamentary colleagues, who bear the brunt of constituents’ dismay in their inboxes and on their doorsteps in recent elections, and it’s not fair on Conservative members and voters who rightly expect better standards from the party they supported.

我也相信一支球队的好坏取决于队长。而且队长和他或她的团队一样好。所以忠诚必须是双向的。最近几个月的事件使得继续在该团队变得越来越困难。 部长级同事每天早上都出去保卫那些站不住脚的防线是不公平的。这对我的议员同事们来说是不公平的,他们在最近的选举中首当其冲地受到选民们书面的或者口头的责备,对于保守党成员和选民来说也不公平,他们理所当然地期望他们支持的政党榜样好标准高。

When the first stories of parties in Downing Street emerge late last year, I was personally assured at the most senior level by my Right Honourable friend’s then-team, that, and I quote, there have been no parties in Downing Street and no rules were broken.

去年年底,当唐宁街的第一个派对故事浮出水面时,我的尊敬朋友当时的最高级别领导曾亲自向我保证,唐宁街没有派对也没有违背法规。

So I gave the benefit of doubt. And I went on those media rounds to say that I had those assurances from the most senior level of the Prime Minister’s team. Then we had more stories. We had the Sue Grey report, a new Downing Street team. I continued to give the benefit of the doubt.

所以,当时我打消了怀疑,并在那些媒体上说,我得到了总理团队最高级别的保证。然后很多故事冒头。我们又收到了 Sue Gray 的报告,一个新的唐宁街团队。我选择继续相信着。

And now this week again, we have reason to question the truth and integrity of what we’ve all been told. And at some point, we have to conclude that enough is enough. I believe that point is now.

而现在这周又一次,我们有理由质疑我们所听到的一切的真实性和完整性,但现实中总有个时候,我们必须大声说,够了,必须正视现实了!我相信现在就是这个时刻!

I welcome the Prime Minister’s public knowledge one last night that matters could have been handled better in who he appointed and what was said about what he knew when. And I appreciated his kind and humble words and his humble spirit when I went to see him yesterday, and also the kind letter that he has sent to me.

我欢迎首相昨晚公开承认了他任命了谁的时候是否知晓真相,以及整个事情本来可以做得更好。 我很欣赏昨天去辞职时候,他得亲切谦逊的话语和谦卑的精神,也很感激他给我的亲切信函。

But I do fear that the reset button can only work so many times. There’s only so many times you can turn that machine on or off before you realise that something is fundamentally wrong. Last month, I gave the benefit of doubt one last time, but I have concluded that the problem starts at the top. That is not going to change. And that means that it is for those of us in a position who have responsibility to make that change.

但是,我觉得一个机器的重置按钮功能是有限的。 只有在您意识到某些根本性错误之前,您可以打开或关闭该机器。 上个月我最后一次给出了我的信任。我现在已经得出的结论是因为问题是从最上面开始的,正因为如此,种种危机会一再出现不会改变。 这意味着我们必须自己做出决定要改变这一切了!

I wish my cabinet colleagues well, I can see they have decided to remain in the cabinet. They will have their own reasons. But it is a choice. I know just how difficult that choice is. But let’s be clear: not doing something is an active decision.

祝我的内阁同事一切顺利,我可以看到他们已经决定留在内阁。 他们各自有自己的理由。 但这是一种选择,我知道这个选择有多难。 但让我们明确一点:不做某事才是一个积极的决定。
I am deeply concerned about how the next generation will see the Conservative Party on our current course. Our reputation after 12 years in government depends on regaining the public’s trust. This is not just a personal matter. The philosophy and perception of Conservatives depends on it.

我非常担心下一代将如何看待保守党目前的路线。我们的党在执掌政府工作 12 年后能否保持声誉取决于是否获得公众的信任。这不仅仅是个人问题,这也是保守派的哲学和章程。

It is central to the Conservative ideal that we believe in decency, in personal responsibility, and in social justice enabled by conventions and the rule of law. The Conservative mission to extend freedom and prosperity and opportunity is all at risk, if we cannot uphold that ideal.

保守党理想的核心是我们相信高尚人格、个人责任以及由公约和法治促成的社会正义。如果我们不能坚持这一理想,保守党致力于发展自由、繁荣、和创造机会的使命就不能完成。

And Mr. Speaker, the Conservative Party is not the only great institution in need of urgent repair. Like everyone in this House. I’ve been dismayed by the drip drip of stories of harassment and worse by members of this House. So I’m also concerned about how the next generation will see this House and the health of our democracy.

议长先生,保守党并不是唯一需要紧急修复的伟大机构。就像这所议会厅里的每个人一样。我对这议会里某些成员的违规行为和更糟的种种故事感到痛心。所以我也担心下一代将如何看待我们的议会和我们民主的健全。

In recent years, trust in all roles has been undermined through a series of scandals. But the one thing we can control is our own values and behaviours.So it is incumbent on all of us to set high standards for ourselves and to take action when they are not met by others. Mr Speaker, I’m grateful for the message that I’ve had for many members of this House and beyond.

近年来,一系列丑闻破坏了对各种人物的信任。但我们可以控制的一件事,就是我们自己的价值观和行为。 因此,我们所有人都有责任为自己设定高标准,并在其他人未达到标准时采取行动。议长先生,我很高兴我能在此向众议院及其他许多成员表达我的意愿。
Hotdogy 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码