查看全部 主题工具
旧 May 11th, 2005, 19:24     #1
sdeagles
级别:0 | 在线时长:0小时 | 升级还需:5小时

注册日期: May 2005
帖子: 21
sdeagles is on a distinguished road
默认 which school you intend to enroll

Hi, I applied to Ucalgary and U Alberta but did not get decision yet. which one do you want to enroll?
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 11th, 2005, 22:41     #2
sdeagles

声望: 10
默认

would u mind telling us which school gives you offer?
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 11th, 2005, 23:53     #3
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: chu nationalist
其实他们可以在得到你的课程说明之前就处理你的文件。因为课程说明的作用是决定你能不能豁免学分,它和录取没有直接关系,你肯定得到错误信息。
we can exchange info. check your status online and call admission officer. mine is incomplete course desc. but it did say admission office received enough info to make a decision on my app. so far mine is decision pending at uC and uA. By the way i applied to after degree program. my email is springapplication@yahoo.com
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 12th, 2005, 00:24     #4
sdeagles

默认

引用:
这就是说你还是有机会被录取的,至少即使你的课程描述不全也没关系,了不起你不指望获得学分豁免,到时该修的课程就修了。

有回帖必答复。

you are right. admission ooficer said the same thing to me. I prefer to attend a one year bsn program in usa. or we may be classmates in the coming sept. lol
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 13th, 2005, 00:03     #5
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: 童言无忌
谢谢大家的帮助,可我还是没搞清。“mine is incomplete course desc”是指你已经给他们了一份课程说明,但课程说明得不完全,所以也PASS了。还有就是说“after degree program”是指under graduate program 二年制(以前有学历证书)或是under graduate program 四年制(以前没有学历证书)或是它的graduate program(研究生班)呀?希望能成为你们的同学与同行!!!

I faxed them a calendar couse description and they said it is not acceptable. after degree is a two yrs program. In UA it is called after degree program and in UC is called BN accelerated track.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 15th, 2005, 21:01     #6
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: acool_angel
楼主得到了哪几个offer?
我也申请nursing的,也得到了n个offer。现在正在犹豫去哪个呢。说不定我们将来可能是同学,呵呵。
she is reluctant to tell. Can you tell yours? I see no reason to keep it a secret.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 17th, 2005, 12:01     #7
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: queen819
我也报了今年UC的护理专业,我是学医出身,读了七年。托福243(明年1月到期),昨天他们给我来了封信,说由于我的GPA不具有竞争力,拒绝了我的申请。我国内的本科学校一向是严格的分数标准,我毕业时在全年级330人中排名第50名,但是我的平均分也才80.5,就是第一名也没有超过90分。还有一个问题,我们学校有将近一半的课是考查课,只有pass 或fail,不知道这会不会影响我的GPA。我该怎么办?我如果想申请其他学校的RN专业,不知会不会因为GPA的问题而拒绝我了,请大家帮我想想。
我还要再考一次托福,真要命!
我准备读书已经有一年多,现在这个消息真让我郁闷。
Sorry to hear that. your low gpa hurts you. They admit students soely based on their GPA of last ten courses. 80.5 is a 3.0 at best, way below their 3.4 cut off line. It has nothing to do with your pass and fail course. UA if also GPA based and I believe other schools too. Leave me a message.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 17th, 2005, 15:03     #8
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: acool_angel
今年UC的nursing分数是80-83。
We are talking about the two years bsn accelerated program. Last year it is 3.4 GPA, I do not know this year's. You are talking about the four year proram, are you?
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 17th, 2005, 15:57     #9
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: queen819
再问一个问题,如果我现在让学校给我寄一份当年的排名表,大家觉得会不会对我的GPA有帮助?
You can try and you have nothing to lose. But personally I do not think it helps. They won't change their admission system just for your sake.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 17th, 2005, 17:57     #10
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: smilingjz
听人说去年U OF C 的录取的平均分只有75分, 而前年高达80好几分+相关经验. 怎么今年又回去了? 这世代道变的真快~~

From UC website, Admission GPA for 2003 and 2004.
Nursing
Accelerated Track (BNAT) N/A 3.40 N/A 3.50
Regular Track (BNRT) 82.0% 3.30 82.2% 3.30
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 22nd, 2005, 09:52     #11
sdeagles

默认

引用:
作者: smilingjz
那是他们贴出来做广告呢. 75分是听去年被录取的U OF C的人讲的. 哎, 咱谁也不是管录取的人, 他/她看谁的档案顺眼自然就挑谁贝. 另外, 有相关工作经验的申请人, 是比高中生有PRIORITY的~~所以这类人的GPA到底是怎么个算法, 也只有他们才知道了~~
they make admission based on the GPA of your last ten half course. I think your friend's overall GPA is 75 but for the last ten course his or her GPA is above 3.4.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 22nd, 2005, 09:58     #12
sdeagles

默认

引用:
请问McMaster和Mohawk合作的RN专业所在学校在哪个城市呀?UOFC的RN要求大学成绩平均分在84分以上,我才刚刚79分,没戏上UOFC了,报名费算是白花了。你们报的别的学校也要求这么高吗?请求指点。
last two years at hamilton, the first two years at the city where hohawk is.

If you applied for two years BN program, they only compute the GPA of your last ten courses. You will be fine if that GPA is above 3.4.

This is from UC website.
Admission GPA's are calculated on the most recent 5 Full Course Equivalents (FCE's) to the end of Winter Session 2005.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 May 25th, 2005, 07:38     #13
sdeagles

默认

引用:
sdeagles, 你在UC的申请怎么样了?TSE考完了吗?UA可是非要TSE不可的。我也申请了UC,但被告知在waitlist 上。不过无所谓哪。反正已经有地方去了。
both UA and UC pending. I will keep you guys posted. TSE waived. I v a degree from an english speaking country.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 10th, 2005, 00:38     #14
sdeagles

默认

just checked uc website and got formal admission. it is a pity they won't let me transfer a graduate statistics course. I am not excited cz it is very likely I may not go there.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 10th, 2005, 21:09     #15
sdeagles

默认

引用:
本人接到了MRY的信,说我报名太晚了;今天又接到了UOFC的信,说我的GPA又太低了 ,眼看就快奔40岁了,倒落个求学无路,真是急死人.
有一事请教大家,我今天给UOFC的NURSING DEPARTMENT打电话,她们说GPA是根据我大学成绩单上的最后10门课算的,可我刚才忽然想起来大学毕业后我又在另一著名学府上过一个自费为期5个月的有关国际金融的课,课程共6门,全部是优,结业后发的是结业证书,证书至今依然保留,不知我这6门课学校是否承认(报名时我并没有把上过的这个PROGRAM写进去),如果将这6门成绩算进去,我的GPA就绝对没问题了.可我该怎么办呢?是不是应该将证书寄回国内?再递交给国内的那所学院去盖章(因为我耽心象这种班的结业证书学校没有存档,尽管我的证书上也一样写明各种信息包括证书号及发行年,我的照片,成绩单及我个人的身份信息等),不知道国内的该所学校现在还承认不承认,能否给盖章以示证明? 不知此类证书国内亦或CALGARY这里能否给予公证? 不知国内的优是否应相当于这里的90分? 唉,真是太多的不知道的,真是急死我了? 大家能不能帮我出谋划策?
多谢多谢了!!!
你早该写上的. 只有好处没坏处的事情. 但等到现在再补好象不太合适了. 你都有隐瞒不报的嫌疑. 严格说是做假. 申请表上明确说明你要把上的每一门课席写上的.你不能给人说我忘了上过那个学. 所以建议申请别的学校. 你就别在这问别人承认不承认了. 没人给你确定的答复. 赶快搞来成绩单. 准备下一论的申请把.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 11th, 2005, 16:10     #16
sdeagles

默认

引用:
谢!!!我周一就带上全部手头资料与系主管当面咨询。
Be prepared to answer why you did not put those courses in when you submitted your application at first time. Instruction clearly says you have to include every course you took in college. I-forgot-I-had-those-courses does not work. Find a better reasonable excuse. Anyway, it won't do you any bad. The worst scenario is they still do not grant you admission. I keep my fingers crossed for you.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jun 18th, 2005, 18:05     #17
sdeagles

默认

引用:
Thank you so...... much!!!!!!!!!
no problem. did you talk with them? Hopefully they will reconsider your application.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Jul 31st, 2005, 16:13     #18
sdeagles

默认

引用:
Can you tell the reason why the rate of chinese student's gratuation is so low? Is it only because of the problem of english language(I mean speaking)?

what is your status in UC? my UC admission was recinded because I did not deposit money at deadline. they give my seat to other student. I got admission fro UA too but will not go there.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
旧 Aug 3rd, 2005, 22:20     #19
sdeagles

默认

引用:
Hi,sdeagles, you are a lucky guy. UofC told me that my GPA can't be reevaluated and I can't go to UofC nursing program because my GPA didn't matched the requirement. So, I can go no where this year. Woooooo...
By the way,if you don't choose UC and UA, which school are you going to go? Can you refer me some other schools' nursing program which do not require such high GPA? I will be appreciated it.

I am in usa now so I am looking forward to going to US schools. If you are interested, let me know.
sdeagles 当前离线  
回复时引用此帖
发表新主题 回复

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以发表回复
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑自己的帖子

启用 BB 代码
论坛启用 表情符号
论坛启用 [IMG] 代码
论坛禁用 HTML 代码